Sam Cosgrove

I guess I am maybe being a tad unfair on Devlin by thinking he will turn out to be another Tansey type McInnes signing but we are all hoping he will be better because the position we need filled is desperately needing filled.

Obviously I'm joking as I really know nothing of Devlin & cannot say I have ever really noticed much of him.

Has he been seen since he turned up for his boot room photo with crutches?

To highlight how bad McInnes has been in his signings.

In goal, how long did it take him to finally admit Clangers was shite?

Then eventually gets lucky with a loan for six months before finally sorting a long term weak area by getting Lewis.

Defence, Logan (up to this season) has been his only real success as far as signings go. McKenna getting in is also to his credit though.

Midfield. His only signing of note there he paid a fee for & only now that he is leaving has he looked like he was worth the fee. His only other good/potential good signings there have been on loan.

Up front, Rooney his only success of note. A proven SPFL prolific player.

Majority of his signings have been failures

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Then eventually gets lucky with a loan for six months before finally sorting a long term weak area by getting Lewis.

Defence, Logan (up to this season) has been his only real success as far as signings go. McKenna getting in is also to his credit though.

Midfield. His only signing of note there he paid a fee for & only now that he is leaving has he looked like he was worth the fee. His only other good/potential good signings there have been on loan.

Aye you're so good at this you forgot Shinnie.

Aye you're so good at this you forgot Shinnie.

Signed as what? A good LB but doesn't play there so not a successful signing for defence.

An average midfielder so not a success as wasted there.

I didn't forget him. I only pointed out the signings that can be classed as a success really.

Signing Lionel Messi & playing him in goal could hardly be classed as a success

• Downvote 2

Signed as what? A good LB but doesn't play there so not a successful signing for defence.

An average midfielder so not a success as wasted there.

I didn't forget him. I only pointed out the signings that can be classed as a success really.

Signing Lionel Messi & playing him in goal could hardly be classed as a success

You think Shinnie hasn't been a success for us? You don't think he's been a good midfielder over the piece? I'll admit he's been poor in midfield recently but c'mon to fuck. Think I'll sign off for the night if that's the pish you're coming out with.

You think Shinnie hasn't been a success for us? You don't think he's been a good midfielder over the piece? I'll admit he's been poor in midfield recently but c'mon to fuck. Think I'll sign off for the night if that's the pish you're coming out with.

He has been a good captain. A great LB when played there.

Maybe 3 or 4 times out of 10 a good midflielder, the rest of the time his graft has covered his poor play. Like McLean in that area.

I love Shinnie but he hasn't been a successful signing because he has been massively misused & as a result we have probably only gotten about 60% out of a great player.

Poor management by not signing round pegs for round holes is the point.

Average CH playing badly at LB to fill a hole left to allow a great LB to play ok in midfield.

To put it another way. Shinnie is & should be a great signing but McInnes has managed to waste that signing

• Downvote 3
Guest the shepherd

You just never know what you're going to get, though.

Although I think in this case it's fairly clear what we got.

First time I ever saw Willem Van Der Ark play, he gets subsituted on, makes a shambling run towards some Motherwell fella, clatters into him in an uncoordinated tangle of knees and elbows, and gets booked.

Not a great introduction, but he improved.... so there's always hope*.

*I don't hold out much hope in this case, though.

Willem van Der Ark, whilst not the most elegant of footballers, chipped in with more than his fair share of goals including the one on his debut at Motherwell if my memory is still working right.

Fear that Sam Cosgrove may be stereotyped after picking up a red card on his debut (never ever a red card and have seen it about ten times now). Here's hoping he has a very successful career at Aberdeen though.

Willem van Der Ark, whilst not the most elegant of footballers, chipped in with more than his fair share of goals including the one on his debut at Motherwell if my memory is still working right.

Fear that Sam Cosgrove may be stereotyped after picking up a red card on his debut (never ever a red card and have seen it about ten times now). Here's hoping he has a very successful career at Aberdeen though.

Law 12

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Of course it was a red

If it had been Brown who had done it to Cosgrove, the ref would have given us a free kick, had a wee

laugh with Brown and told him if he did it again he would shout at him.

Refs not applying the laws of the game in the correct manner no matter the player are cunts.

What absolute rubbish. Over his tenure he has made plenty good signings for us. Yes he has his duds as does any manager even Fergie at man u made a lot of very poor signings.

Rooney, Shinnie, Logan, Lewis, McLean & Christie are all good signings he has made in the current first team. Stevie May was a coup and will hopefully kick on towards the end of the season and in to next showing the form that got him his move down south.

Even previous signings like Flood, Robson, Ward, Maddison & Hector were all decent signings at the time.

I don't think many folk were moaning with our summer transfer business and unfortunately it just hasn't worked out for some of them yet. The likes of stewart, arnason, gms, may, tansy were all very good signings at this level on paper.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What absolute rubbish. Over his tenure he has made plenty good signings for us. Yes he has his duds as does any manager even Fergie at man u made a lot of very poor signings.

Rooney, Shinnie, Logan, Lewis, McLean & Christie are all good signings he has made in the current first team. Stevie May was a coup and will hopefully kick on towards the end of the season and in to next showing the form that got him his move down south.

Even previous signings like Flood, Robson, Ward, Maddison & Hector were all decent signings at the time.

I don't think many folk were moaning with our summer transfer business and unfortunately it just hasn't worked out for some of them yet. The likes of stewart, arnason, gms, may, tansy were all very good signings at this level on paper.

There's definitely two sides to this, on paper our signings looked very good at the start of the season, I totally agree with you.

But exactly why so many of them have failed to deliver is really a question we should be asking ourselves.

• Upvote 1

There's definitely two sides to this, on paper our signings looked very good at the start of the season, I totally agree with you.

But exactly why so many of them have failed to deliver is really a question we should be asking ourselves.

I think this is exactly the point that most folk are missing. Trawl back threads to August last year and 99% of folk were delighted with level of signings/depth of the squad. The fact none of them has set the Heather on fire is the worrying aspect and points to bad coaching/management or extremely bad luck. But as they say you make your own luck in this game!

I think this is exactly the point that most folk are missing. Trawl back threads to August last year and 99% of folk were delighted with level of signings/depth of the squad. The fact none of them has set the Heather on fire is the worrying aspect and points to bad coaching/management or extremely bad luck. But as they say you make your own luck in this game!

Think the problem is not many of them were regularly getting a game before signing for us. They were all very good players when playing regularly but their last move didn't work for them and they weren't playing. It's why Stewart looks so unfit. GMS was short on confidence when he first signed.

McInnes has indeed made some good signings obviously but he has failed to improve many areas of the team.

Lewis/ward being his biggest success (eventually)

RB yes but rest of defence has been sketchy at best

Midfield has had a lot of turnover & had it not been for Hayes & McGinn it would have been a lot worse. So much so we are having to now rely on a shit def/mid like AOC who couldn't get a game in past for that reason & he is keeping out another shit player signed by McInnes on loan (Ball) who are both still in squad because another midfield signing is shit & out on loan at County.

McLean (who used to get one in six good games out of) is now a far better player in there consistently but as a former midfielder himself, you would expect mcinnes to know exactly what he wants in there & to have done a far better & more settled job in there.

Rooney has been his only success up front.

The majority of McInnes signings have been average at very best with a few exceptions

Guest the shepherd

If it had been Brown who had done it to Cosgrove, the ref would have given us a free kick, had a wee

laugh with Brown and told him if he did it again he would shout at him.

Refs not applying the laws of the game in the correct manner no matter the player are cunts.

Exactly min. There was no malice or excessive force at all in Cosgrove's challenge on Brown, even Stevie Wonder can vouch for that. Very much doubt Brown would have been acting as though he was 20 men after the challenge if that was genuinely the case. It was simply a clumsy challenge that merited a yellow card. End of.

Anyway we move onto the number one team in Glasgow next...... Time to start saving our season and believing we can actually win something again.

McInnes has indeed made some good signings obviously but he has failed to improve many areas of the team.

Lewis/ward being his biggest success (eventually)

RB yes but rest of defence has been sketchy at best

Midfield has had a lot of turnover & had it not been for Hayes & McGinn it would have been a lot worse. So much so we are having to now rely on a shit def/mid like AOC who couldn't get a game in past for that reason & he is keeping out another shit player signed by McInnes on loan (Ball) who are both still in squad because another midfield signing is shit & out on loan at County.

McLean (who used to get one in six good games out of) is now a far better player in there consistently but as a former midfielder himself, you would expect mcinnes to know exactly what he wants in there & to have done a far better & more settled job in there.

Rooney has been his only success up front.

The majority of McInnes signings have been average at very best with a few exceptions

I always feel uneasy when I fully agree with FnD. The part in bold making particularly horrific but true reading!

I always feel uneasy when I fully agree with FnD. The part in bold making particularly horrific but true reading!

FnD often has a sprinkling of good sense in there somewhere.

I think some of his criticism of McInnes is well founded, I jsut personally don't see how we can push him out of the door when he has done so much for the club as a whole over the last few years.

Deek is a solid manager with a good work ethic just seems to have a few blind spots too.

And if O'Connor, Ball, Tansey, are all evidence to the failure of the squad rebuild then what on earth do we make of Reynolds!?

FnD often has a sprinkling of good sense in there somewhere.

I think some of his criticism of McInnes is well founded, I jsut personally don't see how we can push him out of the door when he has done so much for the club as a whole over the last few years.

Deek is a solid manager with a good work ethic just seems to have a few blind spots too.

And if O'Connor, Ball, Tansey, are all evidence to the failure of the squad rebuild then what on earth do we make of Reynolds!?

FnD posts that much it's basically fucked clock syndrome, or monkeys and typewriters is maybe a better analogy. By sheer numbers he's bound to stumble onto something every now and then. I think I prefer him when he's posting with his other account though.
  • Upvote 2