Sam Cosgrove

Was pleasantly surprised on Friday night. Not as physical as Stockley, but certainly looked more comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Not as physical as in, he can jump & win headers without doing a chicken dance & getting booked for it?

He looks like he will be a very good link up player for either of May, or Rooney.

Will create a lot of knock downs & even rebounds for them to prey on.

He will also pull defenders away from others, as the corners proved on Friday night.

Other players will also benefit from him around the box.

I'm not saying I think he is going to be a star but he looks like he will offer us a few good options now in attack. More than we have grown used to under McInnes that is for sure.

Im happy to undergo an incessant campaign of pro-Cosgrove posts, complete with nickname, merchandise ideas and a bundle of other stuff that makes the likes of G-Stew, Flipper, Miles Storey all such fondly regarded Aberdeen characters.

Let me know.

We're a team with a Coz... (not a 'cause').

Stand Free!

JS150126502.jpg

Has good size that earned him an assist on Ant's goal and provided him with a great headed chance in the second half.

Also tracked back to get the loose ball for McLean who would feed GMS for goal number two.

Hoping for the best for the lad.

Weird handprint on him also.

Im happy to undergo an incessant campaign of pro-Cosgrove posts, complete with nickname, merchandise ideas and a bundle of other stuff that makes the likes of G-Stew, Flipper, Miles Storey all such fondly regarded Aberdeen characters.

Let me know.

Should give him a few more games before inflicting the @@Dad curse on him.

• Downvote 1

Let me know.

Im in Dad. I feel a connection with Big Cossie. I work a fair bit in Carlisle and can never wait to get out the shit hole to.

Amazing how much more threatening we are from set pieces with Cosgrove in the team.

I expect he will be one of the first players names in the refs book on Tuesday for this reason.

Hibs back line struggled with him that's for sure - brings a lot - needs top work on fitness as he was breathing out of his arse at about 70 mins - he also doesn't have the touch his brain sees - didn't have the best of starts but is showing up well so far

Hibs back line struggled with him that's for sure - brings a lot - needs top work on fitness as he was breathing out of his arse at about 70 mins - he also doesn't have the touch his brain sees - didn't have the best of starts but is showing up well so far

All of those negatives 'could' be down to lack of game time & 'match sharpness/fitness' but he certainly adds a greater threat for us up front. Not just his direct threat but also that he draws players to him & creates space for others in doing so.

"Darkies Cock" ... I wonder if I could start a craft beer company producing a Stout or Dark Ale with that name.

Just picture the hipsters at the bar. "Mmmmmm. Anyone fancy a yard of cold smooth darkies cock. It has a wonderful creamy finish.

Spell it 'Darqeez Coq' and you'll double your sales to the Hipster community.

The love that kind of shit, them.

Your response to f and d suggests you subconsciously skipped 2 important words in his post.

He wasn't amazed a target man made a difference at set pieces, rather he was amazed "how much" difference it made.

He's an idiot. Just like McInnes who has tried the same tactics whilst using the likes of Rooney as a target man

he also doesn't have the touch his brain sees -

To Touch and to Hold. Once hand-eye coordination has improved and is established, babies are not happy just to bat at a toy. ... Now you can directly train your baby to intentionally touch and grasp objects: Hold an eye-catching toy in front of your baby, within reach, and wait patiently until he reaches out and touches it ...

He's 21 years old.

Interesting that with Cosgroves height in the team, McInnes sees no need for Considine. Is this him admitting hes shite and only in the team for aerial threat?

yet against hearts when we were defending set plays Cosgrove was up the pitch at the half way line

Cosgrove certainly unsettled the Hibs defenders who resorted to fouling him. When he tired, he mis-timed his jumps badly but he had done enough. My worry is that if you have a hammer then every problem becomes a nail. I lost count of the times we just punted the ball up the park in his direction. Lewis hardly ever tries to build from the back which makes us very one-dimensional. It's a McInnes thing.

Cosgrove certainly unsettled the Hibs defenders who resorted to fouling him. When he tired, he mis-timed his jumps badly but he had done enough. My worry is that if you have a hammer then every problem becomes a nail. I lost count of the times we just punted the ball up the park in his direction. Lewis hardly ever tries to build from the back which makes us very one-dimensional. It's a McInnes thing.

Lewis throws the ball out, normally to Logan when ever possible. The Hibs high press made this difficult on Saturday.

Lewis throws the ball out, normally to Logan when ever possible. The Hibs high press made this difficult on Saturday.

Lewis kicks far too much. There were plenty of instances in the 2nd half when Hibs tired to build from the back. Maybe he has no confidence in the defenders' technical skills but it certainly limits our ability to play through teams.

Lewis kicks far too much. There were plenty of instances in the 2nd half when Hibs tired to build from the back. Maybe he has no confidence in the defenders' technical skills but it certainly limits our ability to play through teams.

As has already been said, he had to do this due to hibs pressing high up the pitch. He normally tries to get things going from the back so fuck knows what games you have been watching.