Scott Wright

Roger Hannah on Clyde 1 previewing tomorrow's match

Looking forward to seeing how Scott Wright plays "as he looks to earn himself a move down south"

He's generally on the ball with his info (and crucially no obvious bias towards either of the arse cheeks). If Wright had signed a pre-contract with der Hun, he would be the guy I'd trust to hear about it. 

13 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Let's think about this.

Injury prone, no caps, no medals, in and out of an SPL team etc..

I'll wager Gillingham or Rochdale or similar

When you take off the red tinted specs and if you put yourself in Wrights shoes, why wouldn’t you opt to try and get a better deal?

He’ll be a cheap option for a lot of clubs, who’ll likely offer more than the reported £1k a week.

14 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

When you take off the red tinted specs and if you put yourself in Wrights shoes, why wouldn’t you opt to try and get a better deal?

He’ll be a cheap option for a lot of clubs, who’ll likely offer more than the reported £1k a week.

McInnes stressed that the reason Wright turned down the offer wasn't financially motivated, he just wants to assess his options and try something new if he can. 

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I don't think anyone here would decry the loon for doing that.

Just that some of us have doubts that he is going to find clubs that are at least on an equivalent level to us (or better) that are interested in his services.

If the derisory £1k/week is true then he shouldn't find great difficulty finding a club willing to top it. There were clubs in English non-league football paying some players more than double that, although I'm not sure if the new salary caps coming in next season in EFL1/2 also filter down to non-league level ana. The EFL2 cap is pretty savage

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

McInnes stressed that the reason Wright turned down the offer wasn't financially motivated, he just wants to assess his options and try something new if he can. 

Transfer windows are always like this. 

Managers speak shite

Players speak shite

Agents speak shite 

If course he's financially motivated. Yeah, maybe he fancies a change but not if it means being out if pocket. 

Like Jack if he's got a chance to go to the Huns it's likely to be more attractive than the specific teams from England that would be interested in him in 2021.

Also if he stays with us he's likely to continue to be shite and or injured and never get a move.

It makes sense for all parties and gets us some cash (or an opportunity of another player in lieu of cash) for his development. 

Just now, minijc said:

He has been pish for the majority of his time here, 3 months of being above average and he's potentially getting a move there, that tells you more about the state of them than how good he is, the Injury prone weakling won't be a major loss and I doubt he'll feature much for them.

Totally agree

3 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Remains to be seen where he ends up. As someone said, he needs to think long and hard aboot this if its on the table though - everyone knows there's another level of consideration to an Aberdeen boy going there.

I think there's a lot of people on here who underestimate how good Scott Wright could be fully fit and playing in a good side though

Fully fit is the issue though,  5 and a bit seasons and only 70+ appearances. Not amazing stats