Scott Wright

9 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

I'm on aboot him being written off on here as pish, shite, on a level with that Gallagher boy fae Atlanta. 

Clearly the injury history is a worry for any club looking at him

Most of our young players are written off by a lot of fans here. Some think all youth players must be ‘first 11 quality’ by 20 at latest or never going to make it.

Its crazy how so many are so quick to write off young players with little game time/experience (& any good games were flash in pan) yet are will to accept players with stacks of game time/experience that only manage few few decent games v shite like Accies/Killie etc.

Yes I am referring to the likes of Wright/Shankland/Anderson for example compared to likes of Main/Taylor/Maynard again for example

Ojo & Hernandez are about the only two most will agree on

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Interesting, on a number of levels.

Arse cheek quality?  Ive seriously under estimated the guy if so.

And whilst the Huns berate the Tims for the buscuit tin mentality are they looking at this deal and hearing reversing alarms?  They should be. 

He would make no more of an impact at Ibrox than Brandon Barker or Jordan Jones have made. 

You could probably count on both hands the amount of really good games he's had for us over the years. And what is he now, 24? That's really not good enough.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

He would make no more of an impact at Ibrox than Brandon Barker or Jordan Jones have made. 

You could probably count on both hands the amount of really good games he's had for us over the years. And what is he now, 24? That's really not good enough.

Sums it up for me.

Earlier this season I was about the only one saying Wright should be given a chance. And when he did come back and play well one poster still suggested he's best coming off the bench.

For whatever reason he'd prefer to move on. And Aberdeen wont get much $$ if any at all now after developing him.

Wright wasn't managed right. He should have been sold or been a big part of the team.

This is not a good ending. Are Connor, Dean, and others even younger taking note of this?

• Dildo 1
9 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

Earlier this season I was about the only one saying Wright should be given a chance. And when he did come back and play well one poster still suggested he's best coming off the bench.

For whatever reason he'd prefer to move on. And Aberdeen wont get much $$ if any at all now after developing him.

Wright wasn't managed right. He should have been sold or been a big part of the team.

This is not a good ending. Are Connor, Dean, and others even younger taking note of this?

If it's sevco he goes to we are looking at a figure in the £300k range. Not a fortune but far more than most of us expected (about £300k more) than we did this time last year,

If he goes down south, or anywhere else outwith Scotland,  then it's hee haw we get. 

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If it's sevco he goes to we are looking at a figure in the £300k range. Not a fortune but far more than most of us expected (about £300k more) than we did this time last year,

If he goes down south, or anywhere else outwith Scotland,  then it's hee haw we get. 

It'd have been nice if Aberdeen could have have an option to trigger an extension for 2022 in his deal. Then all clubs would have to offer far more than 300k. I had higher regard for Wright all along though, and we'll see if I'm right or wrong down the road. I feel the same about Connor and Dean. Both have potential. 

1 minute ago, PondHopper said:

It'd have been nice if Aberdeen could have have an option to trigger an extension for 2022 in his deal. Then all clubs would have to offer far more than 300k. I had higher regard for Wright all along though, and we'll see if I'm right or wrong down the road. I feel the same about Connor and Dean. Both have potential. 

As others have said.....it makes sense to try to cut a deal with sevco right now if there is any truth in it. Sky sports reckon they want him in now. So we could agree to let him go there immediately for free if they agree to waive the fee for McCrorie and also convert his loan deal into a permanent transfer immediately.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

As others have said.....it makes sense to try to cut a deal with sevco right now if there is any truth in it. Sky sports reckon they want him in now. So we could agree to let him go there immediately for free if they agree to waive the fee for McCrorie and also convert his loan deal into a permanent transfer immediately.

I get it. Just makes it even harder to chase 3rd place. 

43 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Factor in his atrocious injury record too.

He’ll not cut it at the bastard garden.

See Jordan Jones, Greg Stewart, etc etc. 

1 hour ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

I'm on aboot him being written off on here as pish, shite, on a level with that Gallagher boy fae Atlanta. 

Holy fuck!

Surely nae cunt on here thought he was a bad as Gallagher?

I'm nae haeing that.

You must have made that up! ?

That fucker is nae even a fitba player.

Heedless chicken would be a more apt description.

Just now, Millertime said:

I've seen you say that a lot

Bastard garden isn't funny

If you think he is same standard as Jones or Barker,  then you're more clueless than I thought 

Shut up you mong. 

Who the fuck are YOU to tell anyone what to say & not to say? 

I’ll call the huns what I want & I’ll call where they play what I want.

I’m saying he’ll get as much game time as those two, you thick cunt.

Fuck you & fuck the huns ?

I think you have hun tendencies - maybe you get it from your pretend uncle 

• Upvote 5
30 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

I am big fan of wright but where is he going to get playing time in glasgow.  Is he going to be the next jones or stewart collecting wages. His departure however would put a lot of additional pressure on our only other creative player Hedges.

That's the biggest problem, we don't have that many creative players. 

I think we need to play Jonny further up the pitch. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

I think you are underestimating him, quite severely 

Put it this way,  would you swap him for barker?

No I wouldn't as I don't particularly rate Barker. It amazes me that he got a move there in the first place. But Rangers were throwing money about and stockpiling players when he signed. 

But I didn't compare talent, I gave my opinion that Wright wouldn't make much of an impact at Ibrox should he sign for them. As I said earlier, you could count on both hands how many great games he's had for us and that's not good enough given his age and opportunities. Any time Wright looks like he's going to get going he gets injured. In my opinion he's soft as shite and lacks heart, and I've been consistent in saying that on this forum. Were he to move to Rangers I think he would struggle to meet the demands at a club like that and thus do no more than Barker, Jones, Stewart, Hastie etc.

• Upvote 2