Scott Wright

As he can walk for free at the end of the season anyway I would be content with the following. They wipe the slate clean ref McCrorie now so he is elegable to play them for the last game and any possible cup tie coupled with a 20% sell on fee as he is likely to improve training and learning from their better players and Gerrard. Not a nice thing to have to say but probably the best return on the situation for us. 

55 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I admire your optimism but he should be nowhere our first team squad if we are to progress. Andrew Considine has done an admirable job at left-back for a number of years but is not a natural there.

The left-back position of our team has been a major issue for the past nigh-on 30 years since David Robertson fucked off.

That is completely unacceptable and unforgivable for any team, never mind one like ours playing in the top division of their country's league. 

We should have done more to keep and develop Andrew Harvie at left back , seems to be doing well at MK Dons and Scotland U - 21s ? 

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Are we talking about Scott Wright here? 

If you seriously think Scott Wright is a better player than Lewis Ferguson and Ross McCrorie then there’s no point discussing any further.

ITS SCOTT WRIGHT FFS, what has gone wrong in our support? :laughing:

So it’s fine that Celtic and rangers can come in and hand pick our better players?like they did in the 90s,2000s, remind me of our league positions then? It’s not that Wright going is the problem it’s the fact that they dirty bastards are going to hand pick the best talent again,any player that haves a good season or showing youthful promise will get stolen, but your ok with that!,forever 3 at best, that’s what your looking for in a competitive league, helicopter Sunday’s yeehaaaa, you do know that he will play not a game for the scum but he won’t play against them while weakening us,Magic 

10 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

So it’s fine that Celtic and rangers can come in and hand pick our better players?like they did in the 90s,2000s, remind me of our league positions then? It’s not that Wright going is the problem it’s the fact that they dirty bastards are going to hand pick the best talent again,any player that haves a good season or showing youthful promise will get stolen, but your ok with that!,forever 3 at best, that’s what your looking for in a competitive league, helicopter Sunday’s yeehaaaa, you do know that he will play not a game for the scum but he won’t play against them while weakening us,Magic 

In fact forget it, not engaging with that

Just now, Dons79 said:

Really many titles did we win in the 90,s onwards?, how many did we even come close to winning?, when will the duopoly end in your opinion?history backs up my assertion!, yours is just opinionated shit

Picking up Scott Wright at 24 isn't really nicking all the best young players though.  He's entered mid career stage now. 

If we don't want them to take the likes of Wright at 24 on freedom of contract we've got 1 choice.  sell them before they go out of contract. Due to wright's recent injuries its hard to criticise the club for not tying him down and nobody would have bought him the last couple of years anyway. Many wouldnt have batted an eyelid if he'd left last summer. 

It's the fact the Huns might want him that's winding people up. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Picking up Scott Wright at 24 isn't really nicking all the best young players though.  He's entered mid career stage now. 

If we don't want them to take the likes of Wright at 24 on freedom of contract we've got 1 choice.  sell them before they go out of contract. Due to wright's recent injuries its hard to criticise the club for not tying him down and nobody would have bought him the last couple of years anyway. Many wouldnt have batted an eyelid if he'd left last summer. 

Celtic-turnbull 

they also tried to get McKenna from us and hickey before Bologna 

huns bought Jones,Stewart and Hastie when he was looking like a talent and bought Jones and Stewart to stop them hurting the huns, same tactic

I said they are starting to use the same model they both have used to garner 90% of all Scottish competition cups and leagues throughout the history of our competitions.

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd suggest if Cosgrove hadn't injured himself, and more importantly Soul Bar gate, then Wright would have left on loan last summer and most probably never to be seen again. If he understands that then he's absolutely correct to move on.

25 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

How many of our players did they take in the 90s/2000s 2-3 maybe !!! 

38 minutes ago, BitWait said:

We should have done more to keep and develop Andrew Harvie at left back , seems to be doing well at MK Dons and Scotland U - 21s ? 

Fully agree min. When Daniel Harvie played against the bluenose filth back in 2017, he looked the part. He certainly seems to be doing alright just now.

Yet another case of letting a player away without giving him a proper chance at first team level. 

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Celtic-turnbull 

they also tried to get McKenna from us and hickey before Bologna 

huns bought Jones,Stewart and Hastie when he was looking like a talent and bought Jones and Stewart to stop them hurting the huns, same tactic

I said they are starting to use the same model they both have used to garner 90% of all Scottish competition cups and leagues throughout the history of our competitions.

Turnbull is 21 and cost over 3 million. 

They never paid the going rate for Hickey so he went elsewhere. 

Hastie cost over a million. 

Guess what, they were all young players under contract and performing consistently at first team level. 

Jones and especially Stewart were older. And were on freedom of contract. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Fully agree min. When Daniel Harvie played against the bluenose filth back in 2017, he looked the part. He certainly seems to be doing alright just now.

Yet another case of letting a player away without giving him a proper chance at first team level. 

That's the nub. 

We need to back our young players earlier and give them a proper shot.  Certainly instead of bringing in senior journeymen to warm the bench. 

But at the same time, look at the stick Campbell gets on here sometimes. It's well ott for a young loon finding his way in the first team. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Turnbull is 21 and cost over 3 million. 

They never paid the going rate for Hickey so he went elsewhere. 

Hastie cost over a million. 

Guess what, they were all young players under contract and performing consistently at first team level. 

Jones and especially Stewart were older. And were on freedom of contract. 

Precisely cause they can!, when did we sign a up and coming youngster that’ll make us millions/better?.

only reason we got mcrorie cause they think he’s not good enough for them and ferguson was during the hun troubles,thatl not happen again!.am just pissed aff as I can’t see the league being even competitive and if it’s not for the rest, what’s the point

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You could add another left back into the mix, of lads that never really got a proper crack of the whip under McInnes; Clark Robertson.

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

The best ones at the time,there’s more than us and the other 2 wank clubs in this league though?,so other clubs cannot make good players?

My recollection of then was rangers tried to buy the best Scottish players from down south once the got a Scotland cap usually with a Scottish granny because of the three foreigner rule. Once that was scrapped them and Celtic were more interested in expensive foreigners and forgot about most Scottish talent the rest of Scotland tried to do the same which for me is the main reason the national team has gone so far backwards but that’s for a different topic 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's the nub. 

We need to back our young players earlier and give them a proper shot.  Certainly instead of bringing in senior journeymen to warm the bench. 

But at the same time, look at the stick Campbell gets on here sometimes. It's well ott for a young loon finding his way in the first team. 

Spot on and he’s protected somewhat with Ollie being a poster and his father, imagine the stick he would get normally

Just now, thurso said:

My recollection of then was rangers tried to buy the best Scottish players from down south once the got a Scotland cap usually with a Scottish granny because of the three foreigner rule. Once that was scrapped them and Celtic were more interested in expensive foreigners and forgot about most Scottish talent the rest of Scotland tried to do the same which for me is the main reason the national team has gone so far backwards but that’s for a different topic 

Aye both had international players at the time which was even more infuriating as the young player himself knew he wasn’t ever going to get a game,but they still went ,just never played and that’s why you cannot remember them

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's the nub. 

Very true. We are way to quick to wrap them in cotton wool and not give them a proper run in the team to see if they are genuinely good enough or not. 

The stick Dean Campbell gets is unacceptable considering he is still only 19 years of age. However, whilst I certainly don't agree with it, plenty of other young Aberdeen players have suffered from getting unjustified flak (bar Ricky Foster, of course). 

1 minute ago, RUL said:

He's not protected on twitter. It's pretty vile and actually seems increased because he's a local boy. 

A think it’s a joke that young players of quality(otherwise they wouldn’t be in the 3rd best team in the premier league) get pelters on forums ,knuckle dragging at its lowest,I am not on social media so don’t see it, the young players need built up not tore down

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Very true. We are way to quick to wrap them in cotton wool and not give them a proper run in the team to see if they are genuinely good enough or not. 

The stick Dean Campbell gets is unacceptable considering he is still only 19 years of age. However, whilst I certainly don't agree with it, plenty of other young Aberdeen players have suffered from getting unjustified flak (bar Ricky Foster, of course). 

Aye. 

Once you're in the first team you should be judged accordingly. I'm not suggesting a free pass. 

But you can still recognise where someone is in their development as part of that judgment. 

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You could add another left back into the mix, of lads that never really got a proper crack of the whip under McInnes; Clark Robertson.

Good shout. Whilst he was undoubtedly raw playing under Craig Brown's stewardship, there was plenty of ability and other strengths to develop, to our own advantage, without getting shot of him so quickly. 

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Good shout. Whilst he was undoubtedly raw playing under Craig Brown's stewardship, there was plenty of ability and other strengths to develop, to our own advantage, without getting shot of him so quickly. 

Jack grimmer was another that a barely recall didn’t get a chance and moved to Fulham