Scott Wright

7 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

You'd rather weaken Aberdeen, and potentially cost us a better European Spot, this season just because someone is signing for the Huns next season? Strange obsession.

Debatable whether we'd be weakening the team with his omission given what has just happened.

We'll probably find out soon enough.

If these were normal times and crowds were in at normal levels, it would be raining pies in his direction if he were picked for a match.

I totally get that we would be cutting off our noses to spite our faces but I don't want him anywhere near the matchday squads from now until he leaves.

However it is McInnes that is selecting the side, not me. So fully expect him to start tonight. I have a suspicion he won't feature on Saturday though.....tonight will be his swansong as the clubs reach agreement to let him hook up with sevco before the transfer deadline

2 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

He's 23.

Not a strange obsession it's a difference of opinion. 

It is a difference of opinion. 

Your opinion is that you'd happily see Aberdeen struggle just because one player is going to Rangers next season. 

My opinion is that I don't give a fuck what happens to Wright and Rangers next season. I want Aberdeen to have as strong a side as possible and finish as high as possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
46 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

Disagree. As much as I hate that he's signed for them, he's still our player. We play better with him in the team and we're still paying his wage. While there's still an opportunity to get close to Celtic, we have to play our best team.

Fair enough. 
I understand that, as I said.

We’ll agree to disagree.

I think McInnes will play him. Not having crowds in means no-one will get on his back anyway.

1 minute ago, StandFree1982 said:

Your opinion is that you'd happily see Aberdeen struggle just because one player is going to Rangers next season. 

My opinion is that I don't give a fuck what happens to Wright and Rangers next season. I want Aberdeen to have as strong a side as possible and finish as high as possible.

We've struggled with him and we have struggle without him. You're making out as if we're a one man team who is capable of winning games on his own. He isn't and never has been. 

16 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

That will happen by not playing him. He's not had a shot on target all season FFS.

He's already injury prone, no way will he be fully committed and risk a move. Needs binned from the squad and made to train with the kids. Let someone who wants to be here play, it's pretty simple really. I don't blame the lad for moving, if I was offered a huge pay rise I'd move to. Just not right he carries on playing. 

I understand and agree with both viewpoints.  Do I want to see the cunt sent to Coventry, metaphorically?  Of course.  Do I want to weaken a horribly fragile team?  Of course not.

Question should be why we’re so reliant on one player (it’s more complicated than that I know - mainly to do with bringing the best out of hedges).  

Why we’re in a league (structure) where a club that couldn’t afford the shite on our shoe 5 years ago can suddenly call the shots for a player they don’t even appear to need.  (See the McInnes thread for most of the detail).

And I think the club need a policy on this going forwards especially post the fans return.  Is this to be the norm?  Fine, we’ll all set our buying preferences accordingly.  Including pie hurling tendencies.  Treat your paying customer with contempt at your peril.

I acknowledge the flip side for a Derek of course is the player just doing a snake and pretending no deal has been done.  I think a stronger policy for that situation needs implementing as well else it will just become the norm.

20 minutes ago, NEM said:

+1

What hun bastards down voted that? ?

+1 from me too to cancel the hun-1

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

He's already injury prone, no way will he be fully committed and risk a move. Needs binned from the squad and made to train with the kids. Let someone who wants to be here play, it's pretty simple really. I don't blame the lad for moving, if I was offered a huge pay rise I'd move to. Just not right he carries on playing. 

Correct. 

Wouldn't move there for the money however. If the huns want him then he's good enough for other teams down South to want him. Think his agent has done a shady deal here if I'm being honest.

Just now, The Boofon said:

+1 from me too to cancel the hun-1

Correct. 

Wouldn't move there for the money however. If the huns want him then he's good enough for other teams down South to want him. Think his agent has done a shady deal here if I'm being honest.

He's been tapped up ages ago if you ask me.  Rumours the rat bastard didn't even have the decency to respond to our contract offer.

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

He's been tapped up ages ago if you ask me.  Rumours the rat bastard didn't even have the decency to respond to our contract offer.

Not a rumour, McInnes said as much a few weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

And none of the above stops big Consi go through the cunt at training (car park on arrival also deemed acceptable.  Socially distance that you wee fuck)

Considines wife was wishing him and his bird all the best on their "big move."

I can imagine the wet wipe Andy will be the same. 

Footballers are like Instagram influencers, precious little gimps, just bum each other up with cringe insta posts. 

Mercenaries, every single one. 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

That’s what I was meaning about a policy going forwards.  Not accepting a deal is fine; we’ll just tell the fans that and enjoy your last 6 months with the women’s team.  

Don’t respond and you’re on big duty at Cormack park.

Club has to show its bigger than individual player.

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Considines wife was wishing him and his bird all the best on their "big move."

I can imagine the wet wipe Andy will be the same. 

Footballers are like Instagram influencers, precious little gimps, just bum each other up with cringe insta posts. 

Mercenaries, every single one. 

Calling bullshit on that ?

55 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

Yes, let's weaken our team 

As I've already pointed out to you (but you're too thick to have understood), leaving out a player so uncommitted wouldn't weaken us. Having a turncoat bastard who's signed for someone else in the team and doesn't give a fuck WILL weaken us. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

As I've already pointed out to you (but you're too thick to have understood), leaving out a player so uncommitted wouldn't weaken us. Having a turncoat bastard who's signed for someone else in the team and doesn't give a fuck WILL weaken us. 

Not too thick to understand. Maybe i'm able to see the bigger picture. Unfortunately though, you keep talking about what he's doing next season. I'm more interested in this season.

8 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

Not too thick to understand

You seem it. Hence why we're still having this conversation and I've had to AGAIN explain it to you. 

8 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

Maybe i'm able to see the bigger picture. Unfortunately though, you keep talking about what he's doing next season. I'm more interested in this season.

So am I. However his commitment, or lack thereof, will have a pretty big fucking impact on how he performs this season. 

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

#StupidRights

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You seem it. Hence why we're still having this conversation and I've had to AGAIN explain it to you. 

So am I. However his commitment, or lack thereof, will have a pretty big fucking impact on how he performs this season. 

It’s a fair sign of your intelligence when you can’t accept a difference in opinion. Big brave boy that you’re.