What Do We Need To Sign This Summer?

Either way, Woodman was brought in and a penalty shootout aside, looked no better than Rogers. I'd say he looked worse actually.

Rogers played two games and was directly or partially responsible for conceding 2 goals, and almost another one against Killie. He's pish.

Proper shitebaggery from Rogers if this is true though. Imagine signing a two year deal with a club and manager that doesn't even trust you as a number 2.

He got their player of the year didn't he?

Could see by his performances in their playoffs that he wasn't good enough for us though.

Nae sure all i remember is my mate telling me to ignore the hype and that he was actually not very good. I then got slated for saying it on here. Proved right though, hes nae good enough to be number 1. And the fact Del couldnt get a replacement in quick enough shows he will never be our number 1.

As I told everyone whilst he was on loan at Falkirk. My pal is a season ticket holder at Falkirk and told me he was pish, but a penalty save against Der Hun on TV seemed to make everyone think he was amazing.

I'll accept all apologies now for being crucified for it.

Apparently it's a massive exaggeration to say he's pish. Despite us all witnessing said fact and him being dropped after 2 games for a loanee :rolleyes:

Rogers played two games and was directly or partially responsible for conceding 2 goals, and almost another one against Killie. He's pish.

Proper shitebaggery from Rogers if this is true though. Imagine signing a two year deal with a club and manager that doesn't even trust you as a number 2.

Who says he doesn't trust him as a number 2? He certainly doesn't trust him as a number 1 hence why woodman came in and got that role whilst lewis was out injured.

He's young for a goalkeeper and you only need to look at scott bain who we released at a similar age to see how a goalkeeper can progress with age.

I understand games help with the progression as well but maybe another loan spell to a premiership side this time and a recall option if we need him could work to see how he progresses. We were premature getting rid of Robbie Mutch who I reckon will go on to be a right good goalkeeper.

Who says he doesn't trust him as a number 2? He certainly doesn't trust him as a number 1 hence why woodman came in and got that role whilst lewis was out injured.

He's young for a goalkeeper and you only need to look at scott bain who we released at a similar age to see how a goalkeeper can progress with age.

I understand games help with the progression as well but maybe another loan spell to a premiership side this time and a recall option if we need him could work to see how he progresses. We were premature getting rid of Robbie Mutch who I reckon will go on to be a right good goalkeeper.

Right, well, if we need to go and sign another keeper when our number 1 is out for a few months, I'd say that means he doesn't trust the number 2.

And for the record, Bain isn't good. He'd be a decent back up if we signed him but isn't good enough to be first choice.

It was a sponsors meeting last night at the club with McInnes and Milne. So Im sure Rogers signing on is true. Guys who claim to be ITK should have decent info from last night.

Interesting about Kenny Miller. McInnes has previous form for going after previous transfer targets... I wonder if the last few weeks have changed his mind on Kenny Miller?

Let's be honest, Rogers got scrutinised a lot them two games. Killie he done absolutely fine and he should have saved at least one at Ross County, fair enough.

He's not pish though, he's clearly a decent keeper who is still young. His kicking is very good but he obviously has other areas to work on.

Saying he's pish is just an exaggeration. If he's good enough for us is up for debate and we might never know until he's gone but it's just stupid to write him completely off already. No doubt the usual suspects will be hoping he does shite in his career just so they can say "I told you so".

If it's true he's got a deal he must be doing something right?

• Upvote 1

Let's be honest, Rogers got scrutinised a lot them two games. Killie he done absolutely fine and he should have saved at least one at Ross County, fair enough.

He's not pish though, he's clearly a decent keeper who is still young. His kicking is very good but he obviously has other areas to work on.

Saying he's pish is just an exaggeration. If he's good enough for us is up for debate and we might never know until he's gone but it's just stupid to write him completely off already. No doubt the usual suspects will be hoping he does shite in his career just so they can say "I told you so".

If it's true he's got a deal he must be doing something right?

He had a couple of spills against Killie and one good save. Woodman was under no less scrutiny, played far more games and made no mistakes that led to goals. Also got us to a semi final.

He's pish enough that McInnes sees him every day and didn't trust him to fill in for a couple of months.

He's not good enough for us, so that's why I think he's a shitebag for signing on and accepting being number 3 behind Lewis and whatever emergency loan we get if Lewis gets another long term injury. He could easy make a decent career for himself at somewhere like Falkirk, play games and try to improve.

Right, well, if we need to go and sign another keeper when our number 1 is out for a few months, I'd say that means he doesn't trust the number 2.

And for the record, Bain isn't good. He'd be a decent back up if we signed him but isn't good enough to be first choice.

He was always going to sign another keeper as after Rogers we had no proper back up. If the transfer window shut and we were left with Craddock and Mair we would have been in a shocking position. He managed to sort a deal out for Woodman who by all accounts is a good keeper and regarded as better than Rogers so he played.

I don't think it was a case of he wanted to go and find a keeper who would play ahead of Rogers but more of a similar option to the season we brought in Adam Collin. We had discussions with Cammy Bell for instance prior to signing Woodman and he wouldn't of started ahead of Rogers.

The only thing the manager done was sign a player who improved us at that time as a team. It was unfortunate that he was rated as a better keeper than Rogers which put him back on the bench and now out of matchday squads. McInnes has said previously he would of been happy to continue with Rogers in goal until Lewis was back.

• Upvote 1

Only saying what a Falkirk fan told me. To be honest hes watched him far more than you will have so trust what he says over you. Just sayin like...

Not doubting that, I don't claim to have seen much. But a player doesn't win POTY, in a season the team done pretty well, by being shite.

He had a couple of spills against Killie and one good save. Woodman was under no less scrutiny, played far more games and made no mistakes that led to goals. Also got us to a semi final.

He's pish enough that McInnes sees him every day and didn't trust him to fill in for a couple of months.

He's not good enough for us, so that's why I think he's a shitebag for signing on and accepting being number 3 behind Lewis and whatever emergency loan we get if Lewis gets another long term injury. He could easy make a decent career for himself at somewhere like Falkirk, play games and try to improve.

He played well against Killie. I remember one drop which be recovered from very well.

If McInnes doesn't trust him why would he offer him a new deal? Genuine question.

Only saying what a Falkirk fan told me. To be honest hes watched him far more than you will have so trust what he says over you. Just sayin like...

i saw him playing for Falkirk a couple of times.

Looked exactly like you'd expect really, a young goalkeeper learning his trade with some first team experience.

He's not really first choice material for a club at our level but certainly not "utter pish" or whatever.

No offence Dazzy, but you've been like a broken record with this Falkirk fan since Rogers came back to the club! He must be some man!

He was always going to sign another keeper as after Rogers we had no proper back up. If the transfer window shut and we were left with Craddock and Mair we would have been in a shocking position. He managed to sort a deal out for Woodman who by all accounts is a good keeper and regarded as better than Rogers so he played.

I don't think it was a case of he wanted to go and find a keeper who would play ahead of Rogers but more of a similar option to the season we brought in Adam Collin. We had discussions with Cammy Bell for instance prior to signing Woodman and he wouldn't of started ahead of Rogers.

The only thing the manager done was sign a player who improved us at that time as a team. It was unfortunate that he was rated as a better keeper than Rogers which put him back on the bench and now out of matchday squads. McInnes has said previously he would of been happy to continue with Rogers in goal until Lewis was back.

Well he's not going to come out and say he doesn't trust him is he?

I agree, he had to sign a keeper otherwise we would have been left short. I'd argue he also had to sign a keeper because he had no faith in Rogers. Just seeing Rogers warm up for half a season I had no faith in him. Never mind the two games he looked shaky at best.

He played well against Killie. I remember one drop which be recovered from very well.

If McInnes doesn't trust him why would he offer him a new deal? Genuine question.

I disagree, he looked shaky and has no presence. Every cross felt dangerous. He's a good shot stopper, but so was Scott Brown. It's the ability to deal with crosses, being in the right position and decision making that makes a good keeper and I don't think he has any of those qualities.

Because he's cheap and it's unlikely he will ever have to play for us if Lewis stays fit.

Aberdeen FC is delighted to confirm Hamilton Accies player Lewis Ferguson has agreed a pre-contract with the club and will officially become an Aberdeen player when the transfer window opens.

Derek McInnes is delighted to capture the youngster. ‘Lewis is a promising young player who I look forward to working with and developing here at Pittodrie.’