Graeme Shinnie.....

On 6/28/2023 at 7:36 PM, alscotoz said:

These 'introduction' videos are bent as fuck.

Good to see him back to add some stability.

I love any attempt at modernising and branding the club.

I'll even endure cringy videos if it means we're not going back to the Aberdeen that had the paint peeling off the walls and signed Dutch amateurs because we couldn't afford to bring in a full team of pros.

We're a club on the ups... time we started acting Billy Big Baws.

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I love any attempt at modernising and branding the club.

I'll even endure cringy videos if it means we're not going back to the Aberdeen that had the paint peeling off the walls and signed Dutch amateurs because we couldn't afford to bring in a full team of pros.

We're a club on the ups... time we started acting Billy Big Baws.

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's certainly different from the old photos in Teddy's old boot room 

I must admit. I do miss the old ‘broom closet’ new signings pics 

Was great to see the team down here last week.

Strong team spirit & good chemistry was obvious, and it's hard to believe that doesn't start from the captain.

Was 35c heat, and players all saying how hard it had been, some of our players 10 years or so younger than him were saying how they were all struggling, apart from him....  "he could run from here to Aberdeen". 

Fit as fuck, loves the club, - Superb bit of business to get him back.

• Upvote 10
3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Am I the only one who thinks Shinnie living a three & a half to four hour round trip away from Cormack Park is a bad thing?

A Nairn to Aberdeen journey on a daily basis cannot be a good thing, surely? 

Jesus Christ, min. Have a day off.

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Am I the only one who thinks Shinnie living a three & a half to four hour round trip away from Cormack Park is a bad thing?

It's a reasonable point. I remember a few seasons back reading that Dundee had a few players living in the weeg or surrounding areas and they'd car share every day to training and back....depending on traffic could take them 90 minutes to 2 hours each way and I thought that was pushing things. Over the road at Tannadice in the past it would never have been tolerated by wee Jum.

Given his age, I suppose Shinnie might be allowed to miss a day or 2 of training per week. Or he could get himself a flat in Aberdeen and stay over a couple of nights a week rather than commute daily. A 3rd option, given he's an ex Caley player is that we could see if he could train in Inverness a day or 2 each week, its only 20 minutes or so to the west of Nairn

36 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Bet he’ll spend a lot of time in Morgan Mcveigh’s. 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Jesus Christ, min. Have a day off.

I mean it's a fair point

Swear I remember Neil Alexander (prick) living in Edinburgh and commuting up to Aberdeen when he was with us, then moaned that all the driving fucked up his back

As others say I'm sure he'll probably have a place in Aberdeen so avoid such a commute etc

33 minutes ago, BaldurBett said:

I have it on good authority that he plans to jog from Nairn to Aberdeen every morning as a warm up

Could get a railcard so shinnie can stand a bit of the journey to save his back, and get savvy discounts on regular travel. 

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

I mean it's a fair point

Swear I remember Neil Alexander (prick) living in Edinburgh and commuting up to Aberdeen when he was with us, then moaned that all the driving fucked up his back

As others say I'm sure he'll probably have a place in Aberdeen so avoid such a commute etc

Was that not Jackie McNamara?

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe lets the train take the strain.

Off at Dyce and straight over to Cormack Park.

It's more likely that he's got a place in the city via the club.

51 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Maybe lets the train take the strain.

Off at Dyce and straight over to Cormack Park.

It's more likely that he's got a place in the city via the club.

Maybe comcabs could collect him from station and deliver him to Cormack park on weekdays, and Pittodrie on weekends, I’m sure the club have a business account with comcabs. I’ll maybe tweet Alan burrows if my Twitter account ever becomes available again. 
Won’t be miffed if any of you guys want to float my idea on behalf of me.