Graeme Shinnie.....

Big blow if he goes, small part of me was thinking he would stay. Not that he is the most technically gifted player we have seen but that determination and drive is something that will be difficult to replace. Best scenario would be to broker a McLean type deal where the other party pay a fee and loan back to us. If he does end up leaving I’m sure it will be with the best wishes of the majority.

Pre-contract with Sunderland in January. GMS too.

Can't wait to see us line up with a midfield of Ball, Gleeson and Forrester next season. Assuming Ferguson hasn't been sold on the cheap.

Fucking boooo

McKenna will be gone too. You can't blame the likes ofShinne and GMS though when they see their former teammate McLean going to the Championship on a reported £12k per week.

Would be sorry to see him go but certainly not irreplaceable. Can understand the fear some have of who McInnes would try and sign as a replacement.

Happy to see young Ferguson playing his role with a creative midfielder brought in.

Said before. If we come out of the January transfer window and he has not committed to us then he should no longer be captain.

Captain needs to be committed to the club and be setting an example to all the other players. Not suggesting Shinnie has not been a good captain, just shouldn't have a captain who runs down his contract.

Pre-contract with Sunderland in January. GMS too.

Can't wait to see us line up with a midfield of Ball, Gleeson and Forrester next season. Assuming Ferguson hasn't been sold on the cheap.

Fucking boooo

You'll be waiting a long time to see us line up with Gleeson and Forrester in the same team.

Not sure what Sunderland will up their salary band to if they get promoted* but currently the highest wage they are handing out is £5k/week.

* I don't think they'll get promoted.

McKenna will be gone too. You can't blame the likes ofShinne and GMS though when they see their former teammate McLean going to the Championship on a reported £12k per week.

At least we will get a fee for McKenna.

Thought the club had finally learned not to let players run their contracts down. Once players get into their final year they should be given a deadline to extend the contract or actively be looking to sell on for a fee.

At least we will get a fee for McKenna.

Thought the club had finally learned not to let players run their contracts down. Once players get into their final year they should be given a deadline to extend the contract or actively be looking to sell on for a fee.

I think the club will look at each situation on its own merits. I'm sure they realised that they wouldn't get much money in transfer fees for either player in the last year of their contracts. We only paid £150k for GMS and he wasn't a consistent standout last season so what would we have realistically got for him? We got Shinnie on a free and if we sold him this summer what would we have realistically have got for him? £300k? Maybe. The difference between finishing 2nd and 6th this season is £800k.

Maybe the club thought it best to keep them and try to finish in 2nd place again and have good cup runs rather than lose them for relatively small fees and risk finishing 6th or lower.

You'll be waiting a long time to see us line up with Gleeson and Forrester in the same team.

Not sure what Sunderland will up their salary band to if they get promoted* but currently the highest wage they are handing out is £5k/week.

* I don't think they'll get promoted.

So the fact that we offered to make McGeouch our highest paid player ever to get him onboard last summer (reputedly £6k/week) and yet he chose to join a club in the English third tier for less cash? (He didn't he's on £8k/week)........

Sunderland will be able to comfortably outbid us on anything we can offer Shinnie

So the fact that we offered to make McGeouch our highest paid player ever to get him onboard last summer (reputedly £6k/week) and yet he chose to join a club in the English third tier for less cash? (He didn't he's on £8k/week)........

Sunderland will be able to comfortably outbid us on anything we can offer Shinnie

The chairman said they were offering £5k/week maximum. So either he made up that shit or thats the basic when a player is out of the team etc

He’s not exactly a world beater in the middle of the pitch, so as a player we should be able to improve on him, however I’ve not much faith in McInnes to do so.

As a captain though he’ll be tough to replace. He’s a Dons fan, he’s passionate, he gets in the ref and oppositions face at every opportunity, we haven’t had someone like that here for a long time.

Devlin for me would be the guy currently in the squad who could step up to the plate, but he doesn’t look like he’ll ever be able to stay fit for the majority of the time. Maybe McKenna as well if he doesn’t leave, but that’s unlikely.

He’s not exactly a world beater in the middle of the pitch, so as a player we should be able to improve on him, however I’ve not much faith in McInnes to do so.

As a captain though he’ll be tough to replace. He’s a Dons fan, he’s passionate, he gets in the ref and oppositions face at every opportunity, we haven’t had someone like that here for a long time.

Devlin for me would be the guy currently in the squad who could step up to the plate, but he doesn’t look like he’ll ever be able to stay fit for the majority of the time. Maybe McKenna as well if he doesn’t leave, but that’s unlikely.

He's not an Aberdeen fan.

For me he now should be a Ex Captain, any player not prepared to commit himself to the club doesn't deserve the armband

got no malice towards the Shinster as he's been solid player since he joined but there's no place for loyalty in football     

McInnes should have learnt his lesson regarding the Rat but we all know learning from his mistakes takes a while to soak in

• Upvote 1

For me he now should be a Ex Captain, any player not prepared to commit himself to the club doesn't deserve the armband

got no malice towards the Shinster as he's been solid player since he joined but there's no place for loyalty in football

McInnes should have learnt his lesson regarding the Rat but we all know learning from his mistakes takes a while to soak in

On that logic you'd make Considine captain cause you know he wouldn't leave (as nobody wants to sign him)

got no malice towards the Shinster as he's been solid player since he joined but there's no place for loyalty in football     

Agree

Think we'd all like to see the DNA money go to making his stay worthwhile. I think if we can get even like 2G short of a Championship club, he'd stay. There are certain players who are worth breaking bank for- GS, whilst he has faults, is definitely one of them. A phenomenal leader.