Lewis Ferguson

3 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

Personally, I think it will be better for his career if he stays away from England at this stage. I think the pace of the Italian League suits him better. I'm not sure he'd be so effective in Guffland although we'd probably see more cash.

I hope he stays abroad but the boy is class I think if he went to England he would handle the league just fine and probably excel in it to. 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

The fee we are due is a % of next sale apparently, not even just of the profit

Champ manager has it as 15% but I've seen 20% somewhere too

Pretty penny coming our way and a superb deal by whoever it was negotiating that

Finished 9th in 21/22 but in summer sold Ramsay for about 7 mil and Ferguson or for 2 or 3 with great add ons. Also signed miovski & duk for not much. 

more of this type of thing please. 

And don’t waste the profits on shady mos

2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Finished 9th in 21/22 but in summer sold Ramsay for about 7 mil and Ferguson or for 2 or 3 with great add ons. Also signed miovski & duk for not much. 

more of this type of thing please. 

And don’t waste the profits on shady mos

Absolutely

More of that and less of fhe other stuff

Easy

27 minutes ago, Millertime said:

The fee we are due is a % of next sale apparently, not even just of the profit

Champ manager has it as 15% but I've seen 20% somewhere too

Pretty penny coming our way and a superb deal by whoever it was negotiating that

His father was on the radio saying if he moved, we would be on to a pretty penny, gave no inclination of the sell on fee obviously though. Guys running amok in Seria A, was outstanding away at Atalanta 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

His father was on the radio saying if he moved, we would be on to a pretty penny, gave no inclination of the sell on fee obviously though. Guys running amok in Seria A, was outstanding away at Atalanta 

And to think him and McMurdo wanted us to accept peanuts for him to go to Watford!! even more tin pot club than ourselves at the moment.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Played for a very average Manchester United side (albeit they won the 1985 FA Cup via a worldy strike by Norman Whiteside during his 3 years there) and played for Leeds in the old Division 2 before they got promoted, all after leaving Aberdeen in 1984, so it was a big step down from our club in my book.

Strachan played for Leeds when they also won the old English Division 1 title in 1991/92 and Man Utd were second. No doubt Fergie would be going ballistic about that. 
that was the last time that the top division was known as division 1

If Bologna hold on to 4th place and qualify for the Chumpions League, is there a possibility that they keep hold of Ferguson, in the hope of doing better the the Chumpions League with Ferguson in the team, and they end up getting more money this way than simply selling Ferguson for big bucks, and thus we end up with no add on.

1 minute ago, Itsagoal said:

If Bologna hold on to 4th place and qualify for the Chumpions League, is there a possibility that they keep hold of Ferguson, in the hope of doing better the the Chumpions League with Ferguson in the team, and they end up getting more money this way than simply selling Ferguson for big bucks, and thus we end up with no add on.

He’s signed till 2027. If he keeps the form up he’s long gone before then. I hope they sell In summer. Always the fear he fails to hit the heights the following season. Hopefully them qualifying for CL will mean they can hold out for an extra 20%. 

11 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

Strachan played for Leeds when they also won the old English Division 1 title in 1991/92 and Man Utd were second. No doubt Fergie would be going ballistic about that. 
that was the last time that the top division was known as division 1

Aye, I ken that min. He played in a Leeds team with the likes of Dorigo, Cantona, McAllister et al in their ranks that won that last version of the old Division 1 in 91/92.

A battle of egos and differing ideas would have led to Alex Ferguson relinquishing his services at that awful abhorrent club MUFC, just like he did with Strachan back in 1984 much to AFC's detriment.

He's become a terrific footballer, but the thing that makes him almost unique amongst Scottish footballers is his intelligence. 

It takes some doing to become one of the top midfielders in Italy, and captain of a top 4 Serie A club. 

Not for Lewis the age old, thick as shit Scottish footballer curse. None of the....'I hate the food' or 'it's too far away from my burd's mum', or 'it's just like being in a foreign country'. 

Nope. He's learned Italian, he's embraced the culture, he's improved his game and his maturity 100%. Motta's Bologna play intelligent, modern football, and Lewis is a key part of that. 

What a fucking top lad. Every single young Scottish player with a possible future in the game should be looking to emulate him. 

• Upvote 9
4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Played for a very average Manchester United side (albeit they won the 1985 FA Cup via a worldy strike by Norman Whiteside during his 3 years there) and played for Leeds in the old Division 2 before they got promoted, all after leaving Aberdeen in 1984, so it was a big step down from our club in my book.

I always maintain that it rankled with the nippy little bastard that his time at Pittodrie was the pinnacle of his career 

49 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I always maintain that it rankled with the nippy little bastard that his time at Pittodrie was the pinnacle of his career 

Yes, I fully agree min.👍

The despicable masses of tim supporters never accepted him at all whilst their he was manager purely because he was very successful at Aberdeen.

Whilst it rankled him about the most successful point of his career was during his 7 years at Aberdeen, it worked against him as well later on in his managerial career.

5 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye winning the league in England as captain is definitely a BIG step down....

9 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Aye winning the league in England as captain is definitely a BIG step down....

We'll agree to disagree.

He only won 2 domestic top level trophies whilst playing down south, whilst he won 8 trophies at AFC (2 Premier Leagues, 3 Scottish Cups, 1 ECWC, 1 UEFA Super Cup, and, not forgetting, the Dryborough Cup in 1980). 

😉

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Yep

Incredible that he doesn't get a game for Scotland

Got to replace macgregor surely 

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep

With form definitely, mctominay, mcginn and ferguson would an excellent midfield. 

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep

Not a chance. 

There's a great balance to the Scotland midfield right now. Ferguson won't be in the first 11 barring injuries (likely 2 required, as Gilmour is before him too). 

Ferguson more likely to come on for Mcginn or McTominay, plays a totally different position to McGregor, Gilmour is more the replacement for him, Probably battle with Christie to come off the bench and replace Mcginn / McTominay. 

On current form I'd have Gilmour in before McGregor though.

24 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Ferguson more likely to come on for Mcginn or McTominay, plays a totally different position to McGregor, Gilmour is more the replacement for him, Probably battle with Christie to come off the bench and replace Mcginn / McTominay. 

I agree. Similar role to McTominay in particular. That's his route into the team and explains why he hasn't featured as much as he might, the form McTominay has been in for us.

McGregor/Gilmour I think depends on the opposition and if we need a bit more physical presence, in which case McGregor makes more sense. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Yep

No chance that'll happen as he played for us before making the move to Bologna. 

That's how it has always worked when it comes to getting selected to start for Scotland if you play for, or have played for, Aberdeen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 3