Lewis Ferguson

3 hours ago, Itsagoal said:

If Bologna hold on to 4th place and qualify for the Chumpions League, is there a possibility that they keep hold of Ferguson, in the hope of doing better the the Chumpions League with Ferguson in the team, and they end up getting more money this way than simply selling Ferguson for big bucks, and thus we end up with no add on.

Don’t think a few good appearances in the champions league will do our add on potential any harm

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He's now been in a few Scotland squads without starting, so unless you can directly influence Steve Clarke's mind and decision-making in terms of starting XI, what you say and want is as hollow as the Mariana Trench.

So you're saying if you can't influence something on the pitch, there's zero point talking about it?

And you're saying this on a forum, yeah?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

No chance that'll happen as he played for us before making the move to Bologna. 

That's how it has always worked when it comes to getting selected to start for Scotland if you play for, or have played for, Aberdeen. 

Ryan Christie will start at the euros too. Proves the above as nonsense. 

No chance that'll happen as he played for us before making the move to Bologna. 

That's how it has always worked when it comes to getting selected to start for Scotland if you play for, or have played for, Aberdeen. 

There’s lots of ex Aberdeen players in the squad and a couple of them get starts. 

3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye he’s competing with John McGinn & Scott mctominay for a start. Unreal depth at the moment. 

not long ago we were capping Ian black

Who was playing in the 3rd division. What a farce that was 

12 hours ago, Millertime said:

So you're saying if you can't influence something on the pitch, there's zero point talking about it?

And you're saying this on a forum, yeah?

Resorting to trying to demean me and the contents of my post you highlight in order to boost your vanity and your incessant need to be liked and to get attention, which evidently has worked in the psyche of two posters? Well done.

Truly pathetic posting, twisting my comments to get a cheap laugh. 

Resorting to trying to demean me and the contents of my post you highlight in order to boost your vanity and your incessant need to be liked and to get attention, which evidently has worked in the psyche of two posters? Well done.

Truly pathetic posting, twisting my comments to get a cheap laugh. 

Sorry if I misinterpreted you

Is that not exactly what you said?

Aye, they get starts min, albeit infrequently.

They are not regulars though in the usual starting XI for Scotland.

So, to be clear and so I don't misquote you again

You think Steve Clarke would factor in whether a player played for Aberdeen in the past, or not , before selecting him for his own team?

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

So, to be clear and so I don't misquote you again

You think Steve Clarke would factor in whether a player played for Aberdeen in the past, or not , before selecting him for his own team?

Yes, because that has always been the philosophy of his employers the SFA, who'll also have a major say on who is called up for the national squad or not, regardless of who the manager has been over the course of the last 40+ years.

5 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Yes, because that has always been the philosophy of his employers the SFA, who'll also have a major say on who is called up for the national squad or not, regardless of who the manager has been over the course of the last 40+ years.

Haha away

Come on, let's speak properly here

Do you seriously, genuinely believe that?

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Probably the worst conspiracy theory I've ever read.

Just now, Durrant Dived said:

It's the purest form of remnant from the SAF days, 40 odd years ago

That classic siege mentality that he created which worked absolute wonders

Problem is, he moved on 40 years ago but people are still entrenched in it 

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Sorry if I misinterpreted you

Is that not exactly what you said?

It has a major bearing on how a Scotland squad is formed whether the player is on the books at Aberdeen or has been in the past.

In the present day, Scott McKenna and Lewis Ferguson should be autonatic selections for the starting XI of Scotland but aren't. 

Talents such as Billy Stark, Eoin Jess, Frank McDougall (RIP), Joe Harper, Brian Grant, Bobby Connor, Mark Reynolds, et al, who all played their best football at Aberdeen, were all continually overlooked by Scotland just because of who they played for. Between them they barely accumulated 20 caps, in total.

Truly shocking but again highlights and substantiates my.point.

In the past ten years or so, Ian Black and Lewis McLeod were called up to the national squad when the former was playing in the bottom tier of the SFL, whilst the latter, although an awful player, was called up by the SFA/Gordon Strachan on the premises to hive him experience at international level football. WTF?

Another example of the biased philosophy adopted by the SFA/National team manager when selecting players for squads.

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I couldn't give two fucks about the national team, purely because of how they operate and how the supporters are so fucking blinkered, folly, and fake.

However, I do very much care about my club and how it gets unjustifiably treated by the SFA and the League like we don't matter and are an irrelevance.

I would be a fucking hypocrite if I gave my support to Scotland on any given matchday as it would go against my morals, beliefs and values.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo 2
6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It has a major bearing on how a Scotland squad is formed whether the player is on the books at Aberdeen or has been in the past.

In the present day, Scott McKenna and Lewis Ferguson should be autonatic selections for the starting XI of Scotland but aren't. 

Talents such as Billy Stark, Eoin Jess, Frank McDougall (RIP), Joe Harper, Brian Grant, Bobby Connor, Mark Reynolds, et al, who all played their best football at Aberdeen, were all continually overlooked by Scotland just because of who they played for. Between them they barely accumulated 20 caps, in total.

In the past ten years or so, Ian Black and Lewis McLeod were called up to the national squad when the former was playing in the bottom tier of the SFL, whilst the latter, although an awful player, was called up by the SFA/Gordon Strachan on the premises to hive him experience at international level football. WTF?

Another example of the biased philosophy adopted by the SFA/National team manager when selecting players for squads.

I know I'll regret this, but here goes. As a young boy, Joe Harper was my favourite. Scored goals.

In his era he was up against guys like Law, Dalglish, Jordan off the top of my head. He wasn't near the player they were AND he went to Argentina after being banned 'for life'(?) after some shite in 1975.

I remember this because I loved the game then. 

You're speaking shite. Scotland had very good players at the end of the 20th century. One of the best teams of that era was Liverpool and Miller kept Hansen out of the Scotland team. Why? Because he was better and who he played for meant fuck all.

16 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Totally agree. 

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I couldn't give two fucks about the national team, purely because of how they operate and how the supporters are so fucking blinkered, folly, and fake.

However, I do very much care about my club and how it gets unjustifiably treated by the SFA and the League like we don't matter and are an irrelevance.

I would be a fucking hypocrite if I gave my support to Scotland on any given matchday as it would go against my morals, beliefs and values.

Maybe the players selected are better than our players? Ever thought of that?

The beliefs of a unionist fuck pig who doesn't think Scotland is a country. 👌🏻

To be fair McKenna and Ferguson should start butScott McKenna will probably be kept out of the team by Kieran Tierney who is a better player when fit and Lewis Ferguson should start but will be kept out of the team by John McGinn who most love as a player. 

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

I know I'll regret this, but here goes. As a young boy, Joe Harper was my favourite. Scored goals.

In his era he was up against guys like Law, Dalglish, Jordan off the top of my head. He wasn't near the player they were AND he went to Argentina after being banned 'for life'(?) after some shite in 1975.

I remember this because I loved the game then. 

You're speaking shite. Scotland had very good players at the end of the 20th century. One of the best teams of that era was Liverpool and Miller kept Hansen out of the Scotland team. Why? Because he was better and who he played for meant fuck all.

Scotland had good players, and some very good players, in the latter part of the 20th century, although they achieved fuck all in terms of European and World tournament competitions, but that's an aside though.

Miller was selected on merit, which I partly agree with you on and bloody rightly so as well as he was a far better central defender (and striker👍) than Hansen, Hegarty, and Narey, although inexplicably there were times they would be selected to play in front of him during that era. 

All things considered, I may not wholly agree with yourself and fellow posters on this subject, and vice versa, I'm not speaking shite, as if I were I wouldn't have evidence to back up my comments. 

• Upvote 1