Lewis Ferguson

1 hour ago, thurso said:

To be fair McKenna and Ferguson should start butScott McKenna will probably be kept out of the team by Kieran Tierney who is a better player when fit and Lewis Ferguson should start but will be kept out of the team by John McGinn who most love as a player. 

Aye, you are spot on min, although I can foresee the excuses from Steve Clarke/SFA for not starting Scott McKenna.

"He's only just returned to playing regular first team with FC Copenhagen, after not playing much this season for Nottingham Forest."

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye, you are spot on min, although I can foresee the excuses from Steve Clarke/SFA for not starting Scott McKenna.

"He's only just returned to playing regular first team with FC Copenhagen, after not playing much this season for Nottingham Forest."

There’s zero chance the SFA dictates to Clarke on team selection, that’s just nonsense and something Clarke would never accept as a manager. You can talk about prior Scotland managers wilting under pressure from the SFA but certainly not Clarke, his mindset is exactly that, his way or fuck off, he picks the teams, sets them up, and qualifies for tournaments, he has no affiliation with either of the Glasgow 2, nor does he give a shite about them, he picks his teams solely on who he thinks will give him the best chance of qualification, which has proved to be successful (since 98).

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It has a major bearing on how a Scotland squad is formed whether the player is on the books at Aberdeen or has been in the past.

In the present day, Scott McKenna and Lewis Ferguson should be autonatic selections for the starting XI of Scotland but aren't. 

Talents such as Billy Stark, Eoin Jess, Frank McDougall (RIP), Joe Harper, Brian Grant, Bobby Connor, Mark Reynolds, et al, who all played their best football at Aberdeen, were all continually overlooked by Scotland just because of who they played for. Between them they barely accumulated 20 caps, in total.

Truly shocking but again highlights and substantiates my.point.

In the past ten years or so, Ian Black and Lewis McLeod were called up to the national squad when the former was playing in the bottom tier of the SFL, whilst the latter, although an awful player, was called up by the SFA/Gordon Strachan on the premises to hive him experience at international level football. WTF?

Another example of the biased philosophy adopted by the SFA/National team manager when selecting players for squads.

Haha

4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It has a major bearing on how a Scotland squad is formed whether the player is on the books at Aberdeen or has been in the past.

In the present day, Scott McKenna and Lewis Ferguson should be autonatic selections for the starting XI of Scotland but aren't. 

Talents such as Billy Stark, Eoin Jess, Frank McDougall (RIP), Joe Harper, Brian Grant, Bobby Connor, Mark Reynolds, et al, who all played their best football at Aberdeen, were all continually overlooked by Scotland just because of who they played for. Between them they barely accumulated 20 caps, in total.

Truly shocking but again highlights and substantiates my.point.

In the past ten years or so, Ian Black and Lewis McLeod were called up to the national squad when the former was playing in the bottom tier of the SFL, whilst the latter, although an awful player, was called up by the SFA/Gordon Strachan on the premises to hive him experience at international level football. WTF?

Another example of the biased philosophy adopted by the SFA/National team manager when selecting players for squads.

Mark Reynolds haha. Classic. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

They don’t really need an excuse….he’s had plenty international game time but has proved to be a weak link at international level.  Decent enough back up maybe but there are better options available. Even Ryan fuckin Porteous has been better for Scotland than McKenna.  

• Dildo 1
27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Reynolds was a solid enough SPFL Premiership centre back. He's never been good enough for international football though. 

Who started for Scotland during that time?

Just as a matter of interest rather than arguing.

Merely just seeing if the players that started were international football worthy.

31 minutes ago, redone said:

They don’t really need an excuse….he’s had plenty international game time but has proved to be a weak link at international level.  Decent enough back up maybe but there are better options available. Even Ryan fuckin Porteous has been better for Scotland than McKenna.  

A very fair and valid summary.

Scott McKenna is a very good and solid central defender when on his A game and is far better when this is indeed the case than that thug Porteous.

However, if he has been a weak link for Scotland then he requires to be replaced, on merit, of course, and not via prejudice.

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

There’s zero chance the SFA dictates to Clarke on team selection, that’s just nonsense and something Clarke would never accept as a manager. You can talk about prior Scotland managers wilting under pressure from the SFA but certainly not Clarke, his mindset is exactly that, his way or fuck off, he picks the teams, sets them up, and qualifies for tournaments, he has no affiliation with either of the Glasgow 2, nor does he give a shite about them, he picks his teams solely on who he thinks will give him the best chance of qualification, which has proved to be successful (since 98).

Ok, Clarke may not seem to be your archetypal nodding dog who normally gets the gig as our national team manager but, to me, he is just another "jobs for the boys" (loved Boys from the Blackstuff) manager.

I may be right, I may be wrong. 

interbear

We might have to pay a premium to prise the best young Scottish talent from rivals such as Aberdeen, but that’s a premium worth paying rather than seeing them go elsewhere, perform well and subsequently be unaffordable. Ferguson is a prime example of this. Plenty mumped and moaned about the prospect of paying £4m for him, being charged a premium by Aberdeen etc etc. Now he’s a £10-15m player that’s well out of our price range. We need to accept that being charged a premium by rival clubs in Scotland is a simple reality if we want the best local talent.

Obviously interbeaut knows fuck all about how good LF is.   £10 to £15 million!! Double the £15 million bawbag. 

11 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Ok, Clarke may not seem to be your archetypal nodding dog who normally gets the gig as our national team manager but, to me, he is just another "jobs for the boys" (loved Boys from the Blackstuff) manager.

I may be right, I may be wrong. 

Your wrong on this occasion, Clarke has far too much integrity for that, remember, Clarke made his name down south with Chelsea, he hasn’t had any playing or managing time within Scotland barring the small spell at Kilmarnock, he has not been part of the Scottish football politics, and quite frankly couldn’t care less, he’s here to do a job for Scotland, cause he can, and he loves his country, nothing more, nothing less, we should all be thankful as Scottish fans for his services as well, the step down would be moyes, who’s shit.and would be us back to sitting on our arses come summer times.

17 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Your wrong on this occasion, Clarke has far too much integrity for that, remember, Clarke made his name down south with Chelsea, he hasn’t had any playing or managing time within Scotland barring the small spell at Kilmarnock, he has not been part of the Scottish football politics, and quite frankly couldn’t care less, he’s here to do a job for Scotland, cause he can, and he loves his country, nothing more, nothing less, we should all be thankful as Scottish fans for his services as well, the step down would be moyes, who’s shit.and would be us back to sitting on our arses come summer times.

He won the Scottish Cup whilst playing for St Mirren in 1987 min.

Yes in the 4/5 seasons he has as a player then went to Chelsea the season after winning the cup, never too return.hes spent the last 40 years in England since. Ergo not your usual SFA lickspitting crawler

which is the point you were trying to make?

20 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Yes in the 4/5 seasons he has as a player then went to Chelsea the season after winning the cup, never too return.hes spent the last 40 years in England since. Ergo not your usual SFA lickspitting crawler

which is the point you were trying to make?

That the SFA are biased against Aberdeen and that means players with connections to us are hard done by. 

Paranoid drivel, in essence. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

At his peak he was good enough for Scotland. 

Was there the night he got that disgusting shoulder injury; that was the last we saw of the Magnificent Mark Reynolds, alas.

After that, just plain ol' Mark Reynolds.

A shame.

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Eh? He played nearly 250 games for St Mirren

14 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I couldn't give two fucks about the national team, purely because of how they operate and how the supporters are so fucking blinkered, folly, and fake.

However, I do very much care about my club and how it gets unjustifiably treated by the SFA and the League like we don't matter and are an irrelevance.

I would be a fucking hypocrite if I gave my support to Scotland on any given matchday as it would go against my morals, beliefs and values.

Couldn’t agree more with this MAD. A severe assault on integrity is what football fans suffer when suddenly stop hating hun players and actively support them every few weeks.

you’re a decent man - you’d be good for a pint with 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
36 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Couldn’t agree more with this MAD. A severe assault on integrity is what football fans suffer when suddenly stop hating hun players and actively support them every few weeks.

you’re a decent man - you’d be good for a pint with 

You're a fucking ingloid anyway, ya Fanny. 

• Haha 1