Tommie Hoban

Watford fan I know from down there described him as a fantastic player when Zola was in charge which earned him a long term deal. Next few managers seemed to like him too then done his cruciate twice but is fit again now and needing games. Said he played mainly on the left or right of a back 3 but also filled in at full back on both sides. Thinks without injuries he'd still be a regular for them now which is pretty high praise.

Final thing he said is that he supposedly loves a tackle so if he sticks to that then could become quite popular with the fans, especially considering his first start could easily be against the huns

• Upvote 1

Watford fan I know from down there described him as a fantastic player when Zola was in charge which earned him a long term deal. Next few managers seemed to like him too then done his cruciate twice but is fit again now and needing games. Said he played mainly on the left or right of a back 3 but also filled in at full back on both sides. Thinks without injuries he'd still be a regular for them now which is pretty high praise.

Final thing he said is that he supposedly loves a tackle so if he sticks to that then could become quite popular with the fans, especially considering his first start could easily be against the huns

He'll be off with his first challenge against the Huns then.

Secretly hoping for a Durrant 2.0

A couple of goals from Tommie Hoban for anyone interested. Seems to be strong in the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HPRKWp909A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PqyafhpeCA

Lol ffs. Are you seriously using that to imply he is strong in the air or do you have other evidence of this? Genuine question because we can find ten times better on YouTube for Mark Reynolds scoring a few headers & twenty times better for Considine.

If he is right footed that's fair enough I just remember seeing him get sent off playing at left back for Watford against Wolves and had assumed he was left footed but happy to be proven wrong.

Unless he's a liar. He is definitely right footed.

Says in interview that he's a right footed defender that can play anywhere across the back four

Tbf I didnt actually think you would go and do it but fair play . ?

So, when do you graduate from Basic Mongo Photoshop skills to the next level ?

Based on his current rate of progress (comparing g stew with tomahob shirts) and factoring in Dads age estimate as well as allowing for he onset if senility I'd quite confidently say NEVER.

fine-n-dandy, on 26 Jul 2018 - 3:28 PM, said:

Unless he's a liar. He is definitely right footed.

Says in interview that he's a right footed defender that can play anywhere across the back four

Yeah, I read the interview. As I said I just saw him playing at left back and had assumed he was left footed from watching that game but was delighted to see his comments and have my assumption proven wrong. The fact he is happy to play on either side can only be a good thing to cover injury and suspension. Would expect him to play in the centre of defence most of the time though. Suspect it will still be Ball who will cover right back whilst Shay is suspended.

Yeah, I read the interview. As I said I just saw him playing at left back and had assumed he was left footed from watching that game but was delighted to see his comments and have my assumption proven wrong. The fact he is happy to play on either side can only be a good thing to cover injury and suspension. Would expect him to play in the centre of defence most of the time though. Suspect it will still be Ball who will cover right back whilst Shay is suspended.

It better fucking not be!

• Upvote 1

Jury well and truly out on this boy. Two centre backs coming back from long term injury now!

What's with the effeminate ie at the end of his name as opposed to the traditional and more macho y?

He threatened his parents with a hiding if they called him Tommy with a "Y" whilst in the womb