Tommie Hoban

Sounds like this lad will be keeping someone out of the team when everyone is fit.

Remarkable how well he seems to do every time he's been pitched in... even though he's playing with players (and a team) that he's unfamiliar with.

From what I've seem of him, I don't think he'd be anywhere near AFC if he wasn't made of glass.  He'll probably be injured before Devlin or McKenna make it back!

He was.

Everything that was thrown at him he dealt with.

If he fancies it, I'd be offering him a deal. I'm sure Dek already has though.

As good as he looks, can we justify offering someone with his injury record a contract?

He made his debut for Watford in 2011. Since then he's played about 70-odd games over the course of 9 years!

As good as he looks, can we justify offering someone with his injury record a contract?

He made his debut for Watford in 2011. Since then he's played about 70-odd games over the course of 9 years!

It's the chance you take.

There's a bloody good player there.

Can we afford to not make him an offer?

For me it's not an if but when McKenna leaves, Hoban is an ideal replacement.

Him, Devlin, Considine and maybe Shaughnessy(if be signs on) is good options to have.

Yep I'd be happy offering the loon a couple of years. Devlin looks like he's will miss 15 games+ every season through injury/suspension so he would be a decent back up for him and as a bonus can also cover both full back positions. As long as he stays fit enough to play 20-25 games over each season he would be a good addition.

However he will be on a decent wage at Watford....not a fortune but likely a good bit more than our top earners get. Would he drop down to our pay levels (of course get may have no choice if he gets no other offers given his injury history)? Any championship club could match his current wage and consider him a good squad addition if they only got 12-15 games from him covering their first choice defenders.

Mate of mine is a top dandy as well as a Watford season ticket holder - a few on here will know him. He said the day we signed him that he was better than any defender we had on our books when fit and he still maintains that. I'd deal him in.

So when McKenna and Devlin return who would you say from the back 4 should make way for Hoban?

Doesn't just lump it forward like Devlin and McKenna tend to do a bit too much. Played some good balls into the front men who could actually control it and play from there.

His quality of passing from the back was very noticeable from the moment he came back into the team. Seems far more capable of looking up and seeing an angle and pinging the ball with some accuracy rather than the higher lofted speculative stuff that someone has to go and win in the air.

Excellent. My first tattoo was about the Clash.

Did you see Strummer at the Gt Northern Hotel?

One of my biggest regrets in life was missing that gig , had to do my first trip offshore , should have came up with an excuse, dead grannie or something . Heard it was legendary . Luckily managed to see Joe a couple of times later with the Mescaleros