Tommie Hoban

We don't want to be rushing our one valuable asset back from a hamstring tear and Devlin is just back from a really serious injury. Considine and Ball give me the fear. We'd be as well writing Hoban and Reynolds off. We need to take in decent experienced cover for centre half. Is that old Irish guy from WBA still available, Gareth Mcauley? If so get him signed up until Christmas at least.

Signed for the huns.

• 4 weeks later...

Although he's returned to his club for treatment, he can't be recalled as a player until the transfer window reopens (is my understanding anyway). Once January comes around, not sure why his club would recall him, wouldn't they be happy for the club he's currently loaned at to give him playing time etc while he's getting back to full fitness? Or do we have the option to punt him when the transfer window opens?

Although he's returned to his club for treatment, he can't be recalled as a player until the transfer window reopens (is my understanding anyway). Once January comes around, not sure why his club would recall him, wouldn't they be happy for the club he's currently loaned at to give him playing time etc while he's getting back to full fitness? Or do we have the option to punt him when the transfer window opens?

You might be right. Depends how it's structured I suppose. Doesn't seem in a rush to get back playing.

I'd doubt we're paying full whack for any of our loanees.

If anything, we're likely on a similar deal to Ward where we pay for him if he's not playing (injuries would be an exception).

Yeah by full whack I just meant whatever we agreed when we got a fit player. It's maybe a tad harsh of me but the club should be looking to reduce the cost of wages on a loanee who has only played a couple of games before injury.

The thing I always wonder about is are here insurance policies for long term injuries. Hobans salary while injured might even be covered by a policy his parent club have taken out.

• 1 month later...

It seems he's very versatile, he's even played centre mid in a couple of Watfords recent friendlies. DM said he can play anywhere across the back, but if he's a better option for covering LB, then Shinnie can cover RB quite adequately if needed.

Just looking back at old threads.  Ironic how we were discussing Hoban being good cover in case of injuries.

• 2 months later...