Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

Nae offence to Ollie's loon but I'm not sure ready to start games yet.

Coming on as a sub fine, but he seems like he's got a lot of growing and filling out to do. That'll come obviously but i don't think he's ready just yet. Lewis Ferguson looks more physically capable.

I'll probably get shot down for this view point but hey ho.

We won’t know unless he gets a start.

A football brain helps less physical players to get through a game.

Hopefully he gets a start soon.

Coming on as a sub fine, but he seems like he's got a lot of growing and filling out to do. That'll come obviously but i don't think he's ready just yet. Lewis Ferguson looks more physically capable.

No offence to you either and I obviously see where you are coming from, but that sort of attitude is one of the many issues we face in Scottish football IMO. Do you really have to be built like a tank to play in the Scots Prem? Do we really need a physical central midfielder... do we really want another physical midfielder? I don't. I'd love to see us sacrifice one of Shinnie/Ferguson/Ball for a ball player.

I remember when Ryan Fraser properly broke through. He looked like an infant child... but he certainly wasn't bullied. That's probably part of the reason he's been such a massive success.

• Upvote 1

Get him in the gym with Reekie

I just don't see the value in him sitting out youth games to sit on the bench at Aberdeen first team games? Some games he's been in the squad but not even got on They must know he'll be sparingly used so why not let him play the youth games/reserve games and put him on the first team squad? Isn't that what they used to do with promising youngsters?

I just don't see the value in him sitting out youth games to sit on the bench at Aberdeen first team games? Some games he's been in the squad but not even got on They must know he'll be sparingly used so why not let him play the youth games/reserve games and put him on the first team squad? Isn't that what they used to do with promising youngsters?

If he can't get a run right now, when we have heaps of games and few injuries to deal with, then he's not going to get a game during the second half of the season.

That being the case, would surely be better to send him out on loan.

In the next 10 days we have three home games against St. Johntstone, Dundee and Livingston... and 1 away game at St. Mirren.  I reckon he may start a couple of these games.

I just don't see the value in him sitting out youth games to sit on the bench at Aberdeen first team games? Some games he's been in the squad but not even got on They must know he'll be sparingly used so why not let him play the youth games/reserve games and put him on the first team squad? Isn't that what they used to do with promising youngsters?

I agree with this also.

The line of getting used to match day with the first team is done now. He's experienced plenty first team days.

That was a great win tonight against Motherwell.As difficult a SFA Youth Cup tie as Aberdeen could have had.Onwards and upwards ! Quite pleased youth team football back to how it was,an u18s League and 'BP' Youth Cup is back to u18s too.Results are up and down in the League and Ethan Ross is the star player and often captain.Good to see a Youth Cup run again.All players not featuring regularly for the first team should play in the Reserves.It is a Reserve League open to all players at the club.Kris Boyd and several other first team Kilmarnock players were not too proud to play in the Reserves at Balmoral.

That was a great win tonight against Motherwell.As difficult a SFA Youth Cup tie as Aberdeen could have had.Onwards and upwards ! Quite pleased youth team football back to how it was,an u18s League and 'BP' Youth Cup is back to u18s too.Results are up and down in the League and Ethan Ross is the star player and often captain.Good to see a Youth Cup run again.All players not featuring regularly for the first team should play in the Reserves.It is a Reserve League open to all players at the club.Kris Boyd and several other first team Kilmarnock players were not too proud to play in the Reserves at Balmoral.

Do we know who else is in the cup?

Kilmarnock 4 v Dundee United 0 was a result and a half.Feelgood factor continues at Killie.The days of Youth Cup wins and doing so well are over at Dundee United. New East of Scotland teams admitted and it finished Haddington 0 v Cove Rangers 1.Dundee will doubtless beat Clach on Sunday at Forfar.Noticed that several ties played on an artificial pitch.

Ayr u18s 1 v Hamilton u18s 1 was a league game,hence a draw.The mighty Hamilton u18s,conquerors of Basle in UEFA youth league are already out,beaten 3-2 in Inverness by Inverness Caley Thistle u18s. Inverness now entertain Celtic u18s at the Caley Stadium ,Saturday

The uefa youth league is U19, but there would have been a fair few of the 18's involved

Thank you Ollie for clarity,the victory for Hamilton in the UEFA youth league over Basle at New Douglas Park 2nd Leg,equalizing in the last minute and winning the tie on penalties was a great result for Hamilton u19s.Hamilton have been good rivals to Aberdeen at youth level over the last few years.