Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

Is there an argument that we should try and bring in 3 or 4 guys that are doing well part time in lower league in the 19 to 22 age range? The reserves have had to put out a few sides that are extremely young this season. Adding a few in the range above may turn up a gem or two once they get full time football and would also shore up the reserve side with a bit more experience.

If he can't get a run right now, when we have heaps of games and few injuries to deal with, then he's not going to get a game during the second half of the season.

That being the case, would surely be better to send him out on loan.

In the next 10 days we have three home games against St. Johntstone, Dundee and Livingston... and 1 away game at St. Mirren. I reckon he may start a couple of these games.

Not even in squad today or reserves yesterday? Bizarre.

Seems odd then that he's not even getting reserve games.

I hope he isn't getting disheartened with this.

I don't completely trust McInnes handling of young players and their development.

The fact that McInnes has obviously blocked him playing minutes in reserves, suggests to me that he's in the managers thoughts.  Otherwise, surely there is no issue with giving him a run out in the stiffs?  Problem for Deano is, if we get a couple of injuries and he moves up the pecking order, he's going to be completely lacking in match fitness when he does get his chance.

I don't know enough about the boy, but if he's ready to play first football, then why not give him a loan after christmas?  If you take the most recent match day squad for reference, Shinnie and Ferguson are currently in possession of the jerseys.  Then Ball, probably next in line... then after that you have Gleeson and possibly Forrester (who knows what is going on there!).  Is McInnes going to give him that chance, between now and May?

Ferguson was blowing out of his arse on 80 minutes yesterday (remember the shot that went out for the throw in). At no point did McInnes even look remotely like turning to the bench to Ball (other than late cameo), Gleeson or Forrester. And as I said last night, nor did their half time warm up suggest they expected otherwise.

You’d like to think McInnes would rotate in Ball for either Shinnie or Ferguson for some or all of Saturday.

It is the circumstances the way fixtures have fallen.No first team matches at Pittodrie for ages then five in a month.Reserve games on the eve of first team matches always seems to see a very young team fielded,and I would imagine Aberdeen Reserves v Dunfermline Reserves on Monday at Balmoral Stadium could be a similar story.Only a couple of times have Aberdeen Reserves fielded a fairly strong team,both funnily enough against Falkirk, and both 4-0 wins ,at Brechin in the league ,and in the reserve cup at Balmoral.Connor McLennan was superb at Brechin in August and great to see him doing so well now.He was outstanding against Livingston.

It is the circumstances the way fixtures have fallen.No first team matches at Pittodrie for ages then five in a month.Reserve games on the eve of first team matches always seems to see a very young team fielded,and I would imagine Aberdeen Reserves v Dunfermline Reserves on Monday at Balmoral Stadium could be a similar story.Only a couple of times have Aberdeen Reserves fielded a fairly strong team,both funnily enough against Falkirk, and both 4-0 wins ,at Brechin in the league ,and in the reserve cup at Balmoral.Connor McLennan was superb at Brechin in August and great to see him doing so well now.He was outstanding against Livingston.

Graham have you heard what's going on with Tansey?  Is he finished at Aberdeen?  Haven't heard anything about him being injured... but doesn't seem to features in any of the teams.