Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

When you look at the lack of game time for Ryan Duncan, you can understand why, especially when rubbish like Morris gets on the park before him.

Cormack and his stradagee of buying low and selling high seems to have had a detrimental affect on our youngsters. Counter productive, Dave

Duncan has been getting in before Morris just prior to the World Cup break was he not?

I’d like him to be ahead of Kennedy too. He’s bang average & not going to improve 

Late winner from Bavidge 

Well deserved victory, completely dominated the 2nd half after an even first 45. Alfie Stewart’s 1st half free kick cancelling out the earlier Hun goal.

Lewis Pirie came on for Harvey with 15 to go, first time I’ve seen him. Fast as fuck, looks left footed. 

Our 2 centre mids, Lobban and Marshall, totally dominated their Hun counterparts, great displays 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
4 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

When you look at the lack of game time for Ryan Duncan, you can understand why, especially when rubbish like Morris gets on the park before him.

Cormack and his stradagee of buying low and selling high seems to have had a detrimental affect on our youngsters. Counter productive, Dave

The strategy only really started this Summer window though did it not? It certainly wasn't the case last Summer with signings like JET, Brown, Gallagher, Watkins, Ramirez.

So, in the space of 3 months since the window shut you think it's had a detrimental affect on our youngsters, despite Barron and Mackenzie getting quite  lot of game time and Duncan has had a few minutes too

If I had to pick one player at this moment in time, who I think will break into the first team the quickest, it would be Finlay Marshall. Very athletic, great engine, great range of passing, with Lobban not far behind him. 
I don’t know if that was Rangers’ 2nd string U18s last night, with their 1st string playing in the lowland league but for a club of their size and their catchment area, I thought they were Shite. Nobody in there that their new manager will be calling on anytime soon

Morrison Motors Turriff

Aberdeenshire and District FA Shield 2022/23

Formartine United v Aberdeen Reserves

Quarter Final Match

North Lodge Park

Pitmedden

Tuesday, 6th December 2022 (20:00 KO)

GROUND OPENING TIMES:

Aberdeen FC Match = 18:30

NORTH LODGE PARK ADMISSION PRICES:

Cash Only – North Lodge Park is a Cash Only Ground

Admission Prices for All Areas (including Stands)

Adult: £10:00

65’s & Over: £5:00

Under 16’s: £5:00

Students: £5.00 (if Valid Student ID is presented)

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bavidge should be on the first team bench every week now we're allowed 9 subs. 

Could easily have 2 spaces for young players to give them the experience and a wee run out here and there. 

Would definitely be looking at punting Ramirez in January and bringing Bavidge into the first team squad, only negative I could see would be the reduction in game time for the young man, guess there is an argument to put him out on loan ahead of next season.