Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

4 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Would definitely be looking at punting Ramirez in January and bringing Bavidge into the first team squad, only negative I could see would be the reduction in game time for the young man, guess there is an argument to put him out on loan ahead of next season.

Do the young team play the same day as the senior team?  

If not then there's no reason why he should have less game time. 

If they do then I agree, probably best getting his games most weeks with the unders for the moment. 

On 12/3/2022 at 7:56 AM, sooth_stander said:

If I had to pick one player at this moment in time, who I think will break into the first team the quickest, it would be Finlay Marshall. Very athletic, great engine, great range of passing, with Lobban not far behind him. 
I don’t know if that was Rangers’ 2nd string U18s last night, with their 1st string playing in the lowland league but for a club of their size and their catchment area, I thought they were Shite. Nobody in there that their new manager will be calling on anytime soon

Doesn’t say much for our u18s scraping a 2-1 win if you thought rangers were shite?

As always the issue would be who’s dropping out? I like Finlay but the gap to first team is huge imo. For example Friday night Huns played 2 06 cehtre mids but one of them is almost like an 08 physically. You’re then going to first team v men and that’s where the struggle begins like we found with Dean Campbell. He’s definitely one to watch but out of the u18s I think Bavidge has best chance. 

it’s interesting you put lobban behind Marshall as he’s a 2005 in his last year of u18s. Goodwin doesn’t seem to mind throwing smaller boys in so maybe will see him around fringes of team soon. Not sure he’s technically as good as Barron at that age? If he can’t get in our team would many lower league clubs take him on loan as physically would struggle in lower leagues 

6 hours ago, RUL said:

Doesn’t say much for our u18s scraping a 2-1 win if you thought rangers were shite?

As always the issue would be who’s dropping out? I like Finlay but the gap to first team is huge imo. For example Friday night Huns played 2 06 cehtre mids but one of them is almost like an 08 physically. You’re then going to first team v men and that’s where the struggle begins like we found with Dean Campbell. He’s definitely one to watch but out of the u18s I think Bavidge has best chance. 

it’s interesting you put lobban behind Marshall as he’s a 2005 in his last year of u18s. Goodwin doesn’t seem to mind throwing smaller boys in so maybe will see him around fringes of team soon. Not sure he’s technically as good as Barron at that age? If he can’t get in our team would many lower league clubs take him on loan as physically would struggle in lower leagues 

The Shite comment about the Sevco U18 team was based on the size of their club and the level of finance they should therefore be able to throw at their youth system.

It was mentioned at their AGM yesterday that they hope to provide more 1st team players from within their academy. 

Well, as I said, unless their better youth players are playing in their Colts side in the lowland league, there was fuck all in that team on Friday night that Beale will be promoting anytime soon.

But that doesn’t mean we were marginally less shite in beating them. We just couldn’t get that 2nd goal (that we thoroughly deserved) until very late in the game 

By the way, heard some interesting stuff about Lewis Pirie at the weekend, from someone who would know, in that the supposed interest from English clubs might just be agents stirring it in the papers, to get him a better deal here. 

• Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

By the way, heard some interesting stuff about Lewis Pirie at the weekend, from someone who would know, in that the supposed interest from English clubs might just be agents stirring it in the papers, to get him a better deal here. 

Hopefully sticks around, certainly looks a great talent

No shock re agents stirring up interest, nothing new there 

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Seems like an unusual scoreline as the youngsters have been having a great season. Tired after the game earlier in the week maybe?

Yeah. When we lose it tends to be heavy, don’t know reason.

Celtic 4 Aberdeen 1 

Hamilton 6 Aberdeen 2 

hibs 6 Aberdeen 2. 

finish year against Dundee Utd next week.

7 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

What a bizarre plan.

My thoughts exactly. 

Probably idealistic, but I'd sooner keep these youngsters for years if they're good enough so they make a lasting contribution to the first XI rather than 1 season. Look at Ramsey for example, one season and gone.

Never happen though, these lads have big dreams to play down south or abroad. Those dreams shared by their parents who push the situation. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Is it though? 

Ramsay was off after a similar amount of games and it looks likely that Barron will be about the same. 

Ramsay came down to the money being offered. Not sure they’d have planned in advance to sell him at that point. Barron leaving won’t be the club’s preferred option, they want him to extend. 

1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

Appreciate you’re only relaying what you’ve heard but sounds like absolute nonsense. 

I guess time will tell with that, but it would not surprise me given AFC being vocal about maximising financially players developing through the youth system. 

I'd sooner they hung around in the first XI for a few seasons before fucking off, but the club will do what it wants and also the players family and agent are also chirping away in the background. 

4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Probably idealistic, but I'd sooner keep these youngsters for years if they're good enough so they make a lasting contribution to the first XI rather than 1 season. Look at Ramsey for example, one season and gone.

Never happen though, these lads have big dreams to play down south or abroad. Those dreams shared by their parents who push the situation. 

Can't blame the boys. Not sure how much influence parents would have. Responsible ones would talk through the pros and cons but ultimately tell their son they'll back whatever decision they make 

Unlike Neymar's old man 

17 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Was hearing yesterday that the plan is to punt Bavidge after 50+ games.

They must be expecting him to make quite the impact to look to sell after that amount of games.

Sadly this is the club's plan with all of our promising youngsters. Our youth academy is getting noticed for its good work and with a new stadium to pay for we will be looking to cash in on our young players as soon as possible. 

The same will happen with Duk and Miovski. 

Enjoy these loons while you can.....

17 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Was hearing yesterday that the plan is to punt Bavidge after 50+ games.

They must be expecting him to make quite the impact to look to sell after that amount of games.

And in other news we have found the money for the new stadium, solved world hunger and stopped the Russian invasion of Ukraine 

On 12/11/2022 at 8:37 AM, King Street Loon said:

My thoughts exactly. 

I believe club would sell Bavidge after 5 games never mind 50 given the chance. 

The difficulty is how they get him in the team with our heavily congested pathway. 

Aberdeen strategy is based on data. Clubs like Liverpool are heavily using data now and ultimately this means Aberdeen are looking to bring through a certain calibre of player, one that they know will come up in data reports for clubs like Liverpool. 

Of course it’s heavily dependent on luck and we are in trouble if the model doesn’t work as we are over spending on first team players hoping to sell them also.