Dundee 0 - 1 Aberdeen

You obviously like him V and that's fair enough. His stats, his age (whether you think relevant or not), his lack of ball control and his lack of pace suggest it's going to be a "project" which turns out to be a "mission impossible"

I don't like him, I just understand he's not meant to actually be a first team player right now, its beyond him.

Thats the whole point.

Or some people just know football and have an eye for a player more than others, or in this case... someone who isn't even remotely a player.

I just didn't understand at all why folk were bigging up Cosgrove.

Also my post wasn't aimed at your primarily. You were hesitant with your comments, others were diving in in defence of him.

Aye I ken that.

Just saying I'm not sure who said he was actually good. Just some don't want to judge a player so early. You were right in this instance though. No doubt.

Cosgrove is a decent player, but he's not a goal scorer. Don't think anyone was ever suggesting he was going to bag 20 goals a season.

Question is though, do we really need him to play as a target man? Ferguson could probably do it, and he can score. I would play Ferguson, Forrester and Anderson next week - all three offer a goal threat. Cosgrove & May don't.

Sorry but thats bollocks.

If we had a proper choice of strikers Cosgrove would be in the reserves and coming off the bench occasionally and he'd be learning. Then in a year or so we would move him on or keep him based on what we see.

Its a simple strategy and used in lots of sports, Rugby, NFL, even F1 etc. If you can pick up a young wildcard you do it because the risk (fees + wages) are low and the potential gain is quite high.

Our problem right now is the lad should be about 4th or 5th choice NOT 1st or even 2nd choice.

EDIT: and as for "young", he absolutely is in the sense I meant - which is that he's still way behind the curve in his development, he doesn't look like he's been coached very well in the past and he's essentially quite immature in his play, target man isn't actually the easiest thing to learn either, quite often take a while for some players to mature.

I'm not saying he's going to be good but the point is he's being badly exposed by the club and that's not his fault. Signing a few project players is a great idea and we should keep doing it, but someone at the club needs to realise these aren't really first team signings.

EDIT2: Its a pity we don't seem to have a project player full back on the books, because everyone seems to be saying Harrington and Harvie (when he was here) weren't even worth a start when the first choice was unavailable. Crazy.

I'd have him play in every reserve game and fit his training schedule around that and 1st team games. See if that sharpens up his touch, when to make runs and actually shooting. If he's not scoring goals within 4-5 games in the reserves then it's probably a lost cause.

Folk getting upset about songs at the fitba ffs. Bide at home if you are that easily offended.

Same goes for when the hun or pape are singing about murdering each other.....who the fuck cares.

Anyway, how did Stevie May play yesterday ?

You’d think by now some of our support would know that Dundee away isn’t for your family day away with your bag of Haribo and taking photos with the team bus

Fitba was the last bastion of being able to say outrageous shit without fear of repercussions. It's being eroded bit by bit. You even see it on here now with some of the serpents that have registered over the last year or so.

It's a sad state of affairs when I can't wish death on an opposition player without some faggot telling me to calm down.