Hall Of Fame (Scotland)

How the fuck did the whole situation happen though.

Somebody must have had a meeting and said let’s induct an englishman who scored against Scotland into the Scottish Hall of fame (admittedly a great player)

Then a subsequent meeting, oh shit he is a raging alcoholic who beat his wife, turned up on tv with a fishing rod to save Raul Moat (albeit was comedy gold) so maybe not a good idea.

Love to see see some of the minutes to some of these shambolic meetings.

• Upvote 1
Guest the shepherd

Was some player to be fair. I recall him brutally raping us with a hat trick that secured them another title.

His elbows and forearms as well as being wrapped in cotton wool by the referee on that Sunday afternoon has a lot to to with that. Nicky walker letting one in at his near post as well aided that fat fuck's cause.

10 steps ahead of most folk.

At 650k he is surely the best value signing ever in scottish football?

;)

Strange comment. He was good value but ever? You heard about a team called Aberdeen? I've heard they signed some talented players in late 70s early 80s who may have won some stuff?

Strange comment. He was good value but ever? You heard about a team called Aberdeen? I've heard they signed some talented players in late 70s early 80s who may have won some stuff?

Well, it was a question rather than a statement. Either way, it wasnt strange.

There are not many players to have played in Scotland who have had a career in the same universe as Larssons, and who were acquired by a Scots team for comparative buttons.

Edit - gazza has now been binned by the hall of fame nominations, I originally posted that in the sevco thread, having forgotten about this one lol

I don't think you should be making fun of Ricksen's situation.

Who would do such a thing?

I wasn't making fun of Ricksen's situation.  I was checking who would be favourite to die first between him and Gascoigne if it was a race.  I was saying Ricksen would likely be odds-on.  Like people all over the world do every day when entering death pools.  They're not making fun of the person they have backed to die - but that's not to say they aren't happy when they do go.

I wasn't making fun of Ricksen's situation.  I was checking who would be favourite to die first between him and Gascoigne if it was a race.  I was saying Ricksen would likely be odds-on.  Like people all over the world do every day when entering death pools.  They're not making fun of the person they have backed to die - but that's not to say they aren't happy when they do go.

If Ricksen is odds-on, then I'd probably put my money behind Gascoigne, on better odds.  Ricksen will be a slow, but predicable demise.  With Gazza anything could happen - he could get pissed tonight, fall over, crack his head against the tiles... then it's game over.

If Ricksen is odds-on, then I'd probably put my money behind Gascoigne, on better odds.  Ricksen will be a slow, but predicable demise.  With Gazza anything could happen - he could get pissed tonight, fall over, crack his head against the tiles... then it's game over.

You'd get short odds on that bit.

Aye Vinnie Jones knows fuck all about Scottish football.

Scottish football really is an absolute disgrace at the moment. Can't organise a cup semi final properly, can't retrospectively punish players properly, can't induct players into their own hall of fame properly, can't play international football properly...

:laughing:

Sorry min.

I'm assuming you never clocked my avatar then...

Could they have been scared away by rumours of something worse coming down the pike for Gazza?

The fact Gascoigne hasn't spoken about it makes me think there may be something in this but then if the SFA have heard something then you'd imagine the media would and they appear to be going on the attack about this one.

The fact Gascoigne hasn't spoken about it makes me think there may be something in this but then if the SFA have heard something then you'd imagine the media would and they appear to be going on the attack about this one.

He's deleted his twitter account too.

He's obviously going to get slagged on here and I am one of would do so, but looking objectively at the end of the day, he never asked to be nominated.

A complete farce from start to finish by the Hall of Fame panel - no doubt some hun wanted to nominate him to generate publicity for the 'award'/dinner. Not the best way to handle this with someone who has a history of mental illness. 

He's deleted his twitter account too.

He's obviously going to get slagged on here and I am one of would do so, but looking objectively at the end of the day, he never asked to be nominated.

A complete farce from start to finish by the Hall of Fame panel - no doubt some hun wanted to nominate him to generate publicity for the 'award'/dinner. Not the best way to handle this with someone who has a history of mental illness. 

Yeah, hun or not, there is a way to treat someone and this doesn't reflect well on Scottish Football. 

I've really no respect for the SFA at all, I think anything they could ignore and just ride it out they would have.

So if it IS due to some potential scandal it must be something that would bring wider focus and public pressure on them- THAT is the only thing they seem to care about avoiding.

So... Given the media focus at the moment I think it would most likely be sexual assault or something of that nature IMO.

Pure speculation of course....

A sporting Hall of Fame should be to recognise talent and achievement alone. Many flawed individuals are inducted in the halls of fame for various sports across the world. Mike Tyson and Don King are both inducted in the International Box Hall Of Fame and both have been in prison one for rape and the other for stomping a man to death on the street because he owed him $600. Belfast Airport is named after George Best and just like Gazza old Georgie boy was very fond of the old booze and women beating.

Gascoigne as a human being is a cunt and massively flawed but he's very clearly mentally ill and realistically needs help for the rest of his life. What the SFA did to him this week was a gigantic clusterfuck but fuck all surprises you when it comes to that shambolic bunch of corrupt cunts. I couldn't stand Gazza when he played for the huns but it can't be denied that he was a fantastic football player and that is all that should have mattered in this particular instance.

• Downvote 4