Hall Of Fame (Scotland)

I actually disagree with that Shinniesta.

There's no reason we can't have a Hall of Fame that also respects certain level of off field quality in a person.

In the Gazza case, I agree he was a great player but I personally don't think he played in Scotland long enough to be anywhere near a Scottish hall of fame. It's all a bit cringeworthy.

I agree with you that Gascoigne didn't play long enough in Scotland to be inducted into the Scottish Hall of Fame. I also think the Scottish HOF should be for Scots only. But once the decision had been made to induct him they should have seen it through not back track at the last minute for issues that had nothing to do with what he did on the football pitch.

Diego Maradona was a massively flawed human being. But does he belong in an a FOOTBALL Hall of Fame? Of course he does despite him being a complete clusterfuck of a human being.

It's not as he's had the nomination revoked and I doubt he'll be nominated again. Top level sport in general is full of individuals who were great in the sporting arena but were less than perfect role models outside of the environment where they excelled.

Less than perfect I'm ok with btw.

Just think there needs to be a line somewhere tbh.

Ps- did I imagine it or did the SFA statement leave room for Gazza to be nominated again in future?

Less than perfect I'm ok with btw.

Ps- did I imagine it or did the SFA statement leave room for Gazza to be nominated again in future?

It did but it's probably just bluster saying he is withdrawn from this year's process.

I doubt he will be re-nominated in the future as they will look even bigger twats than they do now.

Can't feel too much sympathy for a guy knocks about his wife but always thought it was kind of a shame his talent as a footballer, something he could do better than pretty much anyone else on Earth, also brought him the fame and celebrity that he was never ever going to be able to deal with.

Wonder how different things would have turned had Fergie signed him

Diego Maradona was a massively flawed human being. But does he belong in an a FOOTBALL Hall of Fame? Of course he does despite him being a complete clusterfuck of a human being.

Whoa - now just back it up there a minute, fella.  Diego Maradona has done nothing that I have heard about that warrants your slanderous accusation.

Agreed.

Reasonable human beings who performed throughout their career with dignity

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cretinous, wife-beating, bigoted, knuckle dragging, coke-headed, drink driving, arseholes convicted of multiple assaults

Aye. Comparing Maradona and Paul Gascoigne? That's a bit fucked up.

Edit - guy is still in the game coaching. Gascoigne can't tie his own fucking shoe laces.

I would hardly say that Maradona is a shining ray of light as a human compared to Gascoigne. Both were flawed geniuses (Maradona was just a bigger genius with a ball at his feet).

Maradona was addicted to cocaine, was suspended from football on a couple of occasions once due to cocaine abuse and the other due to the use of a banned substance which saw him sent home from a World Cup in disgrace. He had links to the mafia, shot at journalists with an air rifle, behaved like a drug fuelled teenager in front of the eyes of the world a couple of months ago when supposedly working as a FIFA ambassador at the World Cup. He also denied the existence of his son to a woman he had an affair with finally admitting he was his when he was 21 years old meaning the kid grew up knowing that although his father was the most famous footballer in the world he wanted fuck all to do with him or acknowledge any responsibility for him. I don't think Maradona beat women up though I'll give you that. But like Gascoigne he's always been very mentally unstable and liable to combust or at any point.

He's still the greatest footballer I've ever seen though.

• Downvote 1

At the risk of being controversial I will play devils advicote here.

Hate the Huns and Tim’s with a passion, sectarianism, racism etc however I do think the world has gone fucking pc mad. Guaranteed if Shinnie got caught on YouTube singing who’s that lying at Pittodrie on YouTube there would be heaps of likes from here

It’s a mans game and if you are getting abuse and then score why not give some back, pretty sure he is nae a bigot and has no idea of the significance of what he was doing must have been told to do it by someone in the dressing room

That said hope the wife beating hun cunt dies soon.

Fuck Weegies.

• Downvote 1

At the risk of being controversial I will play devils advicote here.

Hate the Huns and Tim’s with a passion, sectarianism, racism etc however I do think the world has gone fucking pc mad. Guaranteed if Shinnie got caught on YouTube singing who’s that lying at Pittodrie on YouTube there would be heaps of likes from here

It’s a mans game and if you are getting abuse and then score why not give some back, pretty sure he is nae a bigot and has no idea of the significance of what he was doing must have been told to do it by someone in the dressing room

That said hope the wife beating hun cunt dies soon.

Fuck Weegies.

Shinnie isn't a hun cunt or a filthy tim so he can sing fitever the fuck he wants and it's absolutely fine.

PC culture has fuck all to do with it.  Anything the huns or tims do is automatically the act of a cunt.