Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Aberdeen

I’m a Shinnie fan it has to be said. Running about. Kicking people. Winning the ball. Passing it to someone who knows what the fuck to do with it. And Repeat.

No surprise to see him driving at the defence after 84 minutes to win us the foul either. Attitude is 100% on it as well.

I don’t get playing Ball alongside him trying to do the same thing. Especially today when we knew Stewart wouldn’t be playing. Also if we play 2 CMs Ferguson doesn’t look like he knows what he’s supposed to be doing. At the same time that means we’re playing 1 up top and we don’t have a 1. We do however have the makings of a 2. Several 2s in fact.

It might be we had a game plan around Gleeson doing the Maclean job today and had to abort. Hope so!

You mean apart from Shinnie driving at the defence to win the free kick and Ferguson slotting home what is actually quite a technical free kick for the winner they were anonymous.

Oooooooooo Kkkkkkkkkkkk!

Yep, apart from that one passage of play in 90 minutes. I guess your happy with the way we're playing this season?

• Upvote 1

Good comeback today and an important win. What does Anderson have to do to get a start. McGinn a chicken hearted cunt.

Good to see the team digging out results

Derek's post match interview was a real eye bleeder when he turned to the topic of young Anderson. He basically said the kid was a natural goal scorer, but that he needed to work harder on other aspects of his game. I presume by that he meant tracking back when the opposition have the ball. Now I accept the  player has a lot to learn, but we have been crying out for a natural penalty box striker since Rooney left and Anderson fits the bill perfectly. Wilson, in my opinion, does not carry the same threat and although he can hit a ball he does not have the ability to lose tight markers in the box like Anderson clearly can. May and Anderson should be our preferred front two as I think they can develop a potent partnership and to be brutally honest Wilson and Cosgrove are shite.

As for Ferguson he has everything you could want in a modern midfielder and his will to win is incredible.

• Upvote 2

Wilson is never shite.

Usual garbage on here. Wasn't at it today but again its hard to be with no service. 

Anderson May and Wilson can all play if Wilson or May are happy to be no.10. 

Aside from winning the FK late on Shinnie was dog meat. Rushing after balls he was never getting, leaving huge spaces in the middle of the park. I can only think of about 2 times that Aberdeen won a second ball in the middle. Kilmarnock boys were sweeping it up every time, made it really difficult for us to get a breakthrough. 

Good finish from Anderson and a clever FK from Ferguson. Need to get a proper identity before this cup final, and fast.

Of course not Consi  son - Wilson is a guy I am delighted to have playing for us; but no bones about it, he was fucking shit today. Andos impact was immediate; straight away more presence up front.

Zero harm teasing his appearances as things stand. He'll be chomping at the bit when the path is clear.

Agreed Dad, Wilson will get goals for us against the lesser teams when defenders stand off him, but he is no fox in the box like Anderson who can nick goals against the best.

Wilson will not be used to playing professional football matches on plastic pitches. I'm still confident he will do a good job for us providing he stays fit. He's now on a decent run of consecutive games which can only benefit him and the team.

His goal the other night showed exactly what he is capable of. He has the quality to turn a tight game in our favour with one moment of magic. His run and shot the other night against Hamilton was excellent he was unlucky not to score a second goal.

He needs quality service all strikers do. But he is also the type who can conjure a goal up himself from virtually nothing. Let's hope he does it at Hampden next month to win us the cup.

• Upvote 1

Agreed Dad, Wilson will get goals for us against the lesser teams when defenders stand off him, but he is no fox in the box like Anderson who can nick goals against the best.

Really?

His man utd goals were in the box finishes in the epl.

Looks tentative to me, reality is tho we just aren't making chances, its not as if he's missing sitters.

Wilson will not be used to playing professional football matches on plastic pitches. I'm still confident he will do a good job for us providing he stays fit. He's now on a decent run of consecutive games which can only benefit him and the team.

His goal the other night showed exactly what he is capable of. He has the quality to turn a tight game in our favour with one moment of magic. His run and shot the other night against Hamilton was excellent he was unlucky not to score a second goal.

He needs quality service all strikers do. But he is also the type who can conjure a goal up himself from virtually nothing. Let's hope he does it at Hampden next month to win us the cup.

On your observation about plastic pitches you could make the same point about Anderson, but hello, he scored. 

He had one wee moment Wilson, where it made me go 'ooooo hoho - that's the stuff', but in the main it was one frustrating watch.

Ando has exactly the right mindset, with fucking terrific ability to back it up.

That moment at the end there where he ran from halfway, three cunts on him - it was like watching Pele; until he got sandwiched.

Goal in the cup final incoming for the wee hero.

When Anderson lacked the guile or pace to get away?

Do him no favours by over hyping him.

Goal was a fantastic, instinctive finish. 

• Downvote 1

Really?

His man utd goals were in the box finishes in the epl.

Looks tentative to me, reality is tho we just aren't making chances, its not as if he's missing sitters.

Aye really! The kid exploded on the scene at Old Trafford, hence the four year contract. Unfortunately his progress was cut short by injury and he is clearly not the same player he once was. He was anonymous against the Huns and the same again today against Kilmarnock, whereas Anderson has scored against both. It is all about opinion at the end of the day, but in my view, Anderson carries a bigger threat and has earned the right to a regular start ahead of Wilson and I think most Dons fans would agree.

Midfield the problem. Nobody dictating from centre mid, putting their foot on the ball with composure.

This makes the press against us easy and it's why the centre halves have to play long balls going nowhere.

Hearts, Rangers and this game we struggled to deal with the press. Ferguson , after the sub got deeper and started doing this a bit and it made a difference.

Thought the boy Gleeson would have been the boy for this . Not replaced McLean, Flood, Jack, Robson types a players.

Wilson will get goals for us against the lesser teams when defenders stand off him, but he is no fox in the box like Anderson who can nick goals against the best.

Is what you said, all I did was point out that he had been someone who'd scored goals in the box, at a higher level by the way, than Anderson can dream of playing at at the minute.

• Downvote 1

Midfield the problem. Nobody dictating from centre mid, putting their foot on the ball with composure.

This makes the press against us easy and it's why the centre halves have to play long balls going nowhere.

Hearts, Rangers and this game we struggled to deal with the press. Ferguson , after the sub got deeper and started doing this a bit and it made a difference.

Thought the boy Gleeson would have been the boy for this . Not replaced McLean, Flood, Jack, Robson types a players.

Shinnie fills the flood headless chicken role well enough.