Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Aberdeen

Is what you said, all I did was point out that he had been someone who'd scored goals in the box, at a higher level by the way, than Anderson can dream of playing at at the minute.

"someone Who'd scored goals in the box" is my point. Anderson, on the other hand, is a man who is currently scoring goals in the box. You need to up your game McD.  :laughing:

• Upvote 1

We are crying out for a decent attacking midfielder who can string passes, through balls and get it to the wide players. Our defence keep hoofing the ball long and it’s not giving our wingers or strikers a chance and keeps giving the opposition possession.

Totally agree and clearly Gleeson and Forester are not up to it. Trouble is decent number tens do not come cheap.

We have had a great week result wise but lets face it the performances have been poor.

My opinion is Lewis is a very good keeper.

Defence is ok apart from the odd slip up ( Logan today as an example)

Midfield gets overrun and needs a winner in there who can see a pass

Up front we dont yet know our best 2 and i say 2 maybe because I am old school and hate the idea of one up front.

By far the biggest problem for me is the manager who plays more to stop the opposition than play our own game ( McGinn seems to be scared to go forward and Stewart who was let go is being talked about a Scotland place now the shackles of McInnes is off)

Same will happen with May

I’m so happy right now. My friends are incredible, parents even better. Toilet is amazing because I shit there and never get judged. Work life could not be better because I’m Michael Jacksons equivalent and the boozers I frequent I’m treated like royalty. Not because they like me, but because I throw money about like Donald Trump on MDMA the fret in the morning because I no longer own the price of a pint.

However, the dons won fuck the old firm and all is good in the world.

Aye Mr Leckie, it’s me, the sound cunt. Hahahaha mon I doves

• Upvote 1

I’m so happy right now. My friends are incredible, parents even better. Toilet is amazing because I shit there and never get judged. Work life could not be better because I’m Michael Jacksons equivalent and the boozers I frequent I’m treated like royalty. Not because they like me, but because I throw money about like Donald Trump on MDMA the fret in the morning because I no longer own the price of a pint.

However, the dons won fuck the old firm and all is good in the world.

Aye Mr Leckie, it’s me, the sound cunt. Hahahaha mon I doves

Haha That's the spirit COYR

Hector, Ward, and Maddison's value all went up significantly after being with us.

Lewis, McKenna, Devlin, and Ferguson's value have all also increased significantly.

We'll also make good money off of Anderson.

GMS is loving his football again.

And it won't be easy to sign Shinnie again, either.

Do I have hopes for a 21 year old Max Lowe and a 22 year old James Wilson? Yes

I think you are way over hopeful WRT Wilson.

Time will tell.

No service is a very lazy argument you see a lot of on here. Wilson had a shite game. Not for the first time either.

I don't think getting no service is a lazy argument at all. Do you think Sergio Aguero would score half as many goals as he does if he played for Man United instead of Man City? Do you think Adam Rooney at his best would score as many goals in the current Aberdeen team as he did a couple of years ago when we had the likes of Hayes?

I agree Wilson was shite yesterday. But the boy clearly has quality if he gets the ball in the right areas and isn't competely detached as she showed on Wednesday night. Long hopeful punts up the park with little support around him will not get the best out of him. The whole team were generally shite yesterday and in the main we just launched long balls which was food and drink for the Killie defenders. We were very lucky to win.

• Upvote 1

I don't think getting no service is a lazy argument at all. Do you think Sergio Aguero would score half as many goals as he does if he played for Man United instead of Man City? Do you think Adam Rooney at his best would score as many goals in the current Aberdeen team as he did a couple of years ago when we had the likes of Hayes?

I agree Wilson was shite yesterday. But the boy clearly has quality if he gets the ball in the right areas and isn't competely detached as she showed on Wednesday night. Long hopeful punts up the park with little support around him will not get the best out of him. The whole team were generally shite yesterday and in the main we just launched long balls which was food and drink for the Killie defenders. We were very lucky to win.

:suicide:

• Upvote 1

If Anderson played from the start yesterday we'd all be calling him shite as well. Anderson gets his minutes in the later stages of games where we are generally throwing bodies forward and balls into the box. 

A great instinctive finish from him (coming from one of the two times our wingers actually beat a man and put a ball in the box) but let's not pretend that the other 10 players don't have an impact on how shite our strikers look. Midfield is still our problem.

We can't control a game like we used to when we had Jack and McLean in the middle.

If Anderson played from the start yesterday we'd all be calling him shite as well. Anderson gets his minutes in the later stages of games where we are generally throwing bodies forward and balls into the box. 

A great instinctive finish from him (coming from one of the two times our wingers actually beat a man and put a ball in the box) but let's not pretend that the other 10 players don't have an impact on how shite our strikers look. Midfield is still our problem.

We can't control a game like we used to when we had Jack and McLean in the middle.

Fair point to an extent, but also think a massive part of our problem is the total inability of Wilson to hold the ball up.  I guess you could say he's not a one up front striker, which is fair, but in that case, don't fucking play him up front on his own.  When May came on, he was effective at keeping hold of the ball for our team for more than half a second and it allowed the midfield to get up in support.  Anderson also did this well.

As I say maybe it's simply down to having 2 up front but that's a big problem.  The ball just keeps coming straight back at our defence.

Delighted with the result but we were well below par again for most of the match and only the tenacity of our youth spared us from another poor result. You could make a case for a bit of tiredness and unfamiliarity with the playing surface being a factor but it’s not the first time this season we’ve lost the midfield battle and it’s no surprise we look toothless up front when the service is so poor. It’s interesting that the midweek defeat of Hamilton saw us start on the front foot and play more openly from the start, a game we were expected to win. Yesterday, against tougher opposition the game plan was to contain Killie and hit them on the counter which seems to be the Mcinnes way in these ties. It’s almost expected that we have a shocking first half then depending on whether the opposition have taken advantage, come out with a bit more ambition in the second. Our porous midfield won’t be breached as often by the poorer sides so press higher up the pitch and I think Mcinnes knows this, which is why we our first half performances versus the ‘top-six’ are usually dull and tepid. If we survive the onslaught, we then start to play a bit but often we find ourselves having to reduce a deficit and as we know, our strikers aren’t reliable enough to get in behind more organised defences. Pretty sure Forrester and Gleeson were brought in with the expectation of being first XI players and neither have settled yet, or look likely to be anytime soon. Thus we have a bit of a void in centre mid which isn’t the natural position of the likes of Shinnie or Ball. Its something Derek will seriously need to address come January.

• Downvote 1

Anderson scored a hat-trick at Rugby Park earlier in the year.

Thanks for pointing that out. A hat trick on the plastic pitch, even at reserve level, is another reason why Anderson should have played from the start. To be honest I think Derek maybe feels obliged to play Wilson as he does not want to offend Manchester United and scupper any future loan deals. At the end of the day though I feel Anderson has shown more desire, quality, goal threat and better hold up play than Wilson and until this changes he should be our first choice centre forward.