Motherwell V Aberdeen

Just watched him on red tv

Said we were lacking size as you say, but Considine that replaced devlin is bloody taller

Ridiculous

It's a nonsense comment and adds nothing to the appraisal of the game. Size has nothing to do with switching off at our own corner, and then being beaten at the front post (where the big payers never are).

I’ll admit I’m no expert on football tactics but it was obvious something was badly wrong with the shape of the team today. We were absolutely nonexistent in the middle of the park. Shinnie is just a destroyer in midfield, Ferguson’s a great wee player but young and raw, but by Christ, do we need a player in midfield that is comfortable on the ball and can stroke it around. The fact midfield is this much of a problem for us and yet Forrester and Gleeson can’t get within a sniff of the first team is pretty ominous. What a pair of honking signings they’ve been ... and they’re both signed up for longer than McInnes!

I’ll admit I’m no expert on football tactics but it was obvious something was badly wrong with the shape of the team today. We were absolutely nonexistent in the middle of the park. Shinnie is just a destroyer in midfield, Ferguson’s a great wee player but young and raw, but by Christ, do we need a player in the centre of the park that is comfortable on the ball and can stroke it around. The fact the midfield is this much of a problem and still Forrester and Gleeson can’t get within a sniff of the first team is pretty ominous. What a pair of honking signings they’ve been ... and they’re both signed up for longer than McInnes!

Don't forget Tansey. We have THREE midfield stalwarts just itching to get in to show us what we've been missing.

Like three new signings

Lewis getting away with blame?  Couldn't make his mind up to narrow or not for first when Logan was getting rag-dolled - so did neither, hesitated and gave the striker a massive target.  Second goal should have come for the ball - that is in his territory.  Third goal can't comment, didn't see it.

He's at Aberdeen for good reason.  Great one game, pish the next.

Lewis getting away with blame? Couldn't make his mind up to narrow or not for first when Logan was getting rag-dolled - so did neither, hesitated and gave the striker a massive target. Second goal should have come for the ball - that is in his territory. Third goal can't comment, didn't see it.

He's at Aberdeen for good reason. Great one game, pish the next.

Lewis ran up the pitch after the third goal to give McGinn absolute pelters. Something that happened further up the pitch in the lead up to the goal, looked like he was giving it to him for lack of effort in a tackle? Niall didn’t seem to protest too much, which says it all I guess. Need to watch the highlights to figure out the cause of that one.

McGinn is, in my opinion, a major problem in our squad

His lack of effort combined now with his lack of ability is not sustainable

He doesn't care

And the guy has another two years on his contract after the end of this season. We’ll be carrying a lot of dead weight in this squad for years to come. See Gleeson, Forrester, May etc. etc.

• Upvote 1

Del, get McGinn to fuck.

Us all ironically cheering when he got subbed hopefully had some impact.

Haha, that was the biggest cheer any of our players got all day. Sadly he looks absolutely finished. Giving him a four year deal when he came back from Korea did seem a rash decision at the time, looks like a horrendous one now.

We can't be having cup final tickets burnt.

Del, get McGinn to fuck.

Us all ironically cheering when he got subbed hopefully had some impact.

He can't get Mcginn to fuck as we rely on him because mciness spunked a heap of our wages on Forrester, Gleeson, Tansey, Ball, Hoban and, the signing that infuriates me every time I think about it, James fucking Wilson!!

As such, other than maybe Scott Wright who is as inconsistent as McGinn, there is no-one else!

I’ll admit I’m no expert on football tactics but it was obvious something was badly wrong with the shape of the team today. We were absolutely nonexistent in the middle of the park. Shinnie is just a destroyer in midfield, Ferguson’s a great wee player but young and raw, but by Christ, do we need a player in midfield that is comfortable on the ball and can stroke it around. The fact midfield is this much of a problem for us and yet Forrester and Gleeson can’t get within a sniff of the first team is pretty ominous. What a pair of honking signings they’ve been ... and they’re both signed up for longer than McInnes!

Maybe its the system rather than the talents of the players. For a long time McInnes has favoured the long ball virtually making the midfield redundant. I would like to know what passes for coaching these days. Looking at Wilson's attitude on the pitch, and Forrester's off it, the answer might be very little, as they would both like to be anywhere else than here.

He can't get Mcginn to fuck as we rely on him because mciness spunked a heap of our wages on Forrester, Gleeson, Tansey, Ball, Hoban and, the signing that infuriates me every time I think about it, James fucking Wilson!!

As such, other than maybe Scott Wright who is as inconsistent as McGinn, there is no-one else!

Connor Mclennan