Aberdeen 0 - 1 Celtic - League Cup Final 2018

What was lustig and brown up to? Shinnie unhappy with their behaviour. Didn’t really notice it at the time. Shinnie had a wonderful turn past 2 Celtic players.

All I saw was Ferguson walking straight off the pitch at the end. Brown walked to the touchline and started waving at him and giving him some verbal. Showed a couple of things. Ferguson got under his skin and he didn't like it. Brown is a childish, classless prick and it is an embarrassment for Scottish football that he was captain of his club and country.

Lewis Ferguson was shite yesterday. Graeme Shinnie was shite yesterday, in fact, the only 3 players who were good enough to win us a cup final yesterday were Joe Lewis, Max Lowe and Conor McLennan. We're never beating Celtic with this team. Nowhere near enough guile and creativity in the final 3rd and our defence can't really play either. What we were needing yesterday were Celtic to be so off form that they hand us the cup, but we didn't put them under enough pressure to do anything and to be honest we showed a lack of intensity for most of the game. 65th min in a cup final, we're losing 0-1 and have EVERY single person back for a Celtic corner. It almost seemed like a damage limitation job out there at times. They obviously got a joke of a penalty, but we saved it. The ref was horrendous but I don't think it impacted our performance too much with regards to how we approached the game. Celtic only had to play at 70% to beat us in a cup final, thats what really sticks in my craw, we didn't show enough vigour or intensity from the first whistle. Too many sub par performances from us when we needed everyone to be at it. 

Also, for all the excellent technical footballers they have, the thing that undone us was a long ball over the top with Consi about 10 yards out of position and Logan switching off. 

Really fucks me off people singing the managers name at the end, we didn't win anything. The closest we came to scoring was when Simunovic punted it off his own bar. 

It is a shocking stat, but it is not all down to the manager. When he tried to get Moult, Milne refused to back his judgement by not putting up the extra hundred grand that could have secured his signing and we ended up with May, a total crock. Same in the midfield if you are not willing to pay decent money you end up with the likes of Forester and yon Irish plug who are not even trusted to get off the bench. While agreeing most of Derek's signings the last couple of seasons have not been great Milne should have backed him by providing the funds for a midfield playmaker and a decent frontman. Had we got that I honestly believe the league cup would have been in our trophy cabinet tonight as Celtic were there for the beating.

As much as Milne is a clueless grippy cunt I'm not sure i'd be in a hurry to hand more money to a manager that spent £200k on Ricky Foster, £400k on Stevie May, £200k on Forrester and £20k on Sam fucking Cosgrove

• Upvote 1

As much as Milne is a clueless grippy cunt I'm not sure i'd be in a hurry to hand more money to a manager that spent £200k on Ricky Foster, £400k on Stevie May, £200k on Forrester and £20k on Sam fucking Cosgrove

I get all that, but add another £180,000 to that £820,000 and that could have financed one decent midfield playmaker and a striker who can actually score fucking goals.

Lewis Ferguson was shite yesterday. Graeme Shinnie was shite yesterday, in fact, the only 3 players who were good enough to win us a cup final yesterday were Joe Lewis, Max Lowe and Conor McLennan. We're never beating Celtic with this team. Nowhere near enough guile and creativity in the final 3rd and our defence can't really play either. What we were needing yesterday were Celtic to be so off form that they hand us the cup, but we didn't put them under enough pressure to do anything and to be honest we showed a lack of intensity for most of the game. 65th min in a cup final, we're losing 0-1 and have EVERY single person back for a Celtic corner. It almost seemed like a damage limitation job out there at times. They obviously got a joke of a penalty, but we saved it. The ref was horrendous but I don't think it impacted our performance too much with regards to how we approached the game. Celtic only had to play at 70% to beat us in a cup final, thats what really sticks in my craw, we didn't show enough vigour or intensity from the first whistle. Too many sub par performances from us when we needed everyone to be at it.

Also, for all the excellent technical footballers they have, the thing that undone us was a long ball over the top with Consi about 10 yards out of position and Logan switching off.

Really fucks me off people singing the managers name at the end, we didn't win anything. The closest we came to scoring was when Simunovic punted it off his own bar.

There's not a lot of teams who dont take everyone back for a corner nowadays

Does it matter? Clarke has one win against McInnes, with the help of terrible officiating that gave them two massive advantages when it was clear to anyone in the stadium that the decisions were wrong.

The point was a manager that could match the current Celtic team.  Clarks record is either 2 or 3 both wins and draws against them and no defeats.

On a fraction of the budget Mcinnes has

• Upvote 1

The point was a manager that could match the current Celtic team.  Clarks record is either 2 or 3 both wins and draws against them and no defeats.

On a fraction of the budget Mcinnes has

Can't see how he matches Celtic given how far away they have finished behind them in the league. They're Celtic's bogey team, that's about it.

VAR would have possibly given us a pen for the GMS incident. It all happens so so fast but to me it looks like Bain gets the ball just before Boyata gets the man. How late should we allow him to be before its a pen? VAR awards that as a pen in my book.

VAR also reverses the Celtic penalty.

Time for a change.

VAR would have possibly given us a pen for the GMS incident. It all happens so so fast but to me it looks like Bain gets the ball just before Boyata gets the man. How late should we allow him to be before its a pen? VAR awards that as a pen in my book.

Time for a change.

I'm sure it was reported from one of those DNA events that McInnes was against VAR as he'd rather use the money to fund another signing.

Funny how quickly opinions change etc.

Can't see how he matches Celtic given how far away they have finished behind them in the league. They're Celtic's bogey team, that's about it.

He's not had a full season in the league.  Don't think they'd be far behind the tims in points since he came in.

• Upvote 1

Time for a change.

Ideally it is the best way forward, but the cost factor would probably rule VAR out for a few clubs. Being able to replay a contentious moment from multiple angles would not come cheap, but I do not see why it cannot be employed for cup finals given the revenue they engender.

Ok so we take in Clarke and potentially beat Celtic and by extension the hun. Will he also beat the also rans that up until this season Derek regularly took care of?

We can spend shitloads by our standards and come 3rd. Or we can work with the budget we have and more than possibly still come 3rd. Would a couple of players have made a difference yesterday? Not convinced.