Aberdeen 0 - 2 Hamilton

Obviously an absolutely shite result tonight, and generally an absolutely garbage start to 2019.

However, I seem to recall similar conversations happening before the league cup semi final in October. How the Huns were 'gonna pump us' etc etc.

Let's just wait and see.

Obviously an absolutely shite result tonight, and generally an absolutely garbage start to 2019.

However, I seem to recall similar conversations happening before the league cup semi final in October. How the Huns were 'gonna pump us' etc etc.

Let's just wait and see.

Yeah, there are a few parallels.  I was also absolutely certain we were in for a hammering.  We were in stinking form going into that match... winning seemed to revitalise our season.   

One of the worst performances I've seen in a long time.

Players showing no desire, no urgency, no fight, no passion.

Fucking pathetic.

Yeah, almost like they think the St Johnstone away result was more than enough to make up for the St Mirren home result.

Even though the St Johnstone away result could very easily have been VERY different had we gone behind & arguably we very easily could/should have in that game also, as they pummeled us early on & the bulk of first half it seems. We scored against play

Everyone will talk about the overall performance, but we lost that game because of the defending. A punt into the box that Considine doesn't do anything with and Stewart trying to skin someone in front of his own penalty area and giving it away. If you give goals away out of absolutely nothing then you'll get results like this. We created plenty of chances: Shinnie's miss, hitting the post, hitting the bar, Considine fluffing a sitter of a header, McLennan losing his footing at the wrong moment, Cosgrove had a couple, etc.

Considine in particular looks completely past it and has done for weeks: losing 50-50s and having to tug his man back on a regular basis, a half step too slow at all times, basically just trying to bluff his way through games in the hope nobody will notice. Three of the last four goals we've lost have been on Considine's man (the only one that wasn't was Cosgrove giving a penalty away). It's not all his fault, but any success we've had in recent years has been built on a good defence and at the moment we're a million miles away from that.

• Upvote 2

That's the fist time under McInnes I've left before full time. We were pathetic in defence. Didn't know how to break them down at times. Too many light weight performances.

Highlight was Stevie May picking up the ball to punt it over to the the other side of the pitch for a corner only to leather it off the post. He needs moved on at the end of the season. He's fucking rubbish.

• Upvote 2

That's the fist time under McInnes I've left before full time. We were pathetic in defence. Didn't know how to break them down at times. Too many light weight performances.

Highlight was Stevie May picking up the ball to punt it over to the the other side of the pitch for a corner only to leather it off the post. He needs moved on at the end of the season. He's fucking rubbish.

Just a shame it didn't rebound back straight into his useless dial.

Everyone will talk about the overall performance, but we lost that game because of the defending. A punt into the box that Considine doesn't do anything with and Stewart trying to skin someone in front of his own penalty area and giving it away. If you give goals away out of absolutely nothing then you'll get results like this. We created plenty of chances: Shinnie's miss, hitting the post, hitting the bar, Considine fluffing a sitter of a header, McLennan losing his footing at the wrong moment, Cosgrove had a couple, etc.

Considine in particular looks completely past it and has done for weeks: losing 50-50s and having to tug his man back on a regular basis, a half step too slow at all times, basically just trying to bluff his way through games in the hope nobody will notice. Three of the last four goals we've lost have been on Considine's man (the only one that wasn't was Cosgrove giving a penalty away). It's not all his fault, but any success we've had in recent years has been built on a good defence and at the moment we're a million miles away from that.

Aye fair doos but for the first Considine had the guy ONE yard from the goal by line...how the fuck a keeper...never mind a 6 foot 5 keeper gets beaten like that I dont know.......... second goal, maybe a foul on Stewart but Devlin stood off and let the boy cross it then Considine was 5 yards off the guy who scored....and I totally agree with the Considine  sentiment, he needs dropped but god only knows what back line McInness will dial up on Sunday.... Halford aint played in months, McKenna is a red card waiting to happen, Devlins doesnt look fit and well then there is Considine....surely to fuck McInnes will have the sense to move Shinnie to LB on Sunday if Lowe is out

Considine was hopeless last night. Hopefully Lowe isn’t badly injured and we can get back to paying Devlin and McKenna in the middle. They both looked pretty mince last night as well though, McKenna especially.

Worst all round performance I’ve seen from us in a long time. Although saying that on another day we could have scored 4 goals.

I would like to see the stats before passing comment as I didnae watch it.  Are there any excuses? 

I agree with general sentiments about Stewart, he slows our attacks and tries to dribble his way to goal when we need a more direct 'get-to-the-byline-and-hit-the big man approach'.

It is very tough luck we've now lost our first choice five defenders to injury over the course of the season with Devlin, Logan and Hoban all long-term.

It seems though the general balance of our set-up / personnel just doesn't work at home?  McInnes though really does seem to be a one-trick-pony?

I'd love to see us try a more straightforward 4-4-2 formation against gers.

Lewis

Halford    Devlin    Mckenna     Shinnie

Ball             Gleeson           Ferguson         Ross

McGinn             May

If that's the starting line up i'm about turning and heading home before kick off.

although i agree we need to revert to 4-4-2. 

4-2-3-1 or 3-2-3-2 or whatever the fuck it was we were playing second half last night isn't working

I've seen us play miles better and create less. We were absolutely shite, but even being shite we should have put that game to bed in the first half.  

Key points 

• McKenna looks like he's forgotten how to defend in his three weeks off, which is a worry. He looked weak and was constantly being brushed aside.
  • Considine allowing yon boy to get infront of him in the box, and then allowing the shot to come in is unforgivable. It's a shame we're struggling with so many injuries as he shouldn't be anywhere near that starting 11.
  • Those corners between Stewart and McGinn were shite. Get the fucking thing in the box. All we're doing is allowing the opposition time to block the cross coming in. 
  • It was because we were so bad that the shitness of Bobby Madden was overlooked. The inconsistencies like booking one guy for blootering the ball away, then ignoring the several other occasions they did it, also booked Considine for a challenge and then Hamilton got away with several similar. 
  • Had Shinnie converted the best move of the game, rather than weakly passing it at the keeper, we'd probably have won that game comfortably.

absolute fucking dog shit that was. Fair play to Hamilton, looked like they had set out for a draw and quickly realized that they could actually win the game. First goal was a cracker btw. 

Lose on Sunday and the season is dead. Something needs to change at our club, possibly starting with the manager. I've lost all faith in that negative wanker, and part of me thinks the players have also. 

Can we also take a moment to think about the fact that Niall Mcginn got man of the match. And then can we take another moment to think about the fact that he is signed up until summer of 2021. We really just don't have a clue do we.

This is utterly shite. I can accept the odd game where we are off the boil but to not beat Killmarnock, Saint Mirren,Stenhousemuir and now Hamilton at home is not acceptable.

Aye if it's a one off people can overlook it but when it's becoming a regular occurrence it becomes a problem. We've been shite most of the season but have a knack of grinding out results anyway (nowt wrong with that I suppose) but our home form since Xmas has been honking (performance & results).