Aberdeen 0 - 2 Hamilton

All our performances at home since the winter break have been very similar. We have been non existent in midfield, weak and vulnerable in defence and wasteful and lacking ideas up front. Why McInnes keeps setting us up the same way, playing the same style that is failing time and again is beyond me.

I'm not saying we were playing amazing football in December, but we were looking battle hardened and like we knew how to get a win. Now we look weak and unsure. Certainly not putting all the blame on Stewart, but changing the team to fit him in has been a failure so far. He just doesn't seem to work in a McInnes team.

Horrible to think what Sunday could be like if we play like we have been.

Aye, time to set up differently at home. They're doing everything at half pace and they're too predictable.

I would like to see the stats before passing comment as I didnae watch it. Are there any excuses?

I agree with general sentiments about Stewart, he slows our attacks and tries to dribble his way to goal when we need a more direct 'get-to-the-byline-and-hit-the big man approach'.

It is very tough luck we've now lost our first choice five defenders to injury over the course of the season with Devlin, Logan and Hoban all long-term.

It seems though the general balance of our set-up / personnel just doesn't work at home? McInnes though really does seem to be a one-trick-pony?

I'd love to see us try a more straightforward 4-4-2 formation against gers.

Lewis

Halford Devlin Mckenna Shinnie

Ball Gleeson Ferguson Ross

McGinn May

McTim FFS

• Upvote 1

It’s our slow starts that are killing us.

Attendances post Sunday could potentially be manager threatening.

Celtic’s winner tonight could bizarrely be in Milnes favour in that the hun have apparently bet the house and still end with nothing. They’ll sell the place out next year again of course but it will still need to keep their cash on a one way trip to the furnace.

So many poor results against poor teams.

We've gone behind in games more this season than I can remember for years.

To be fair, his record against the lower teams has been excellent up until this year but the team is just too pedestrian and predictable at home. Teams just sit in and frustrate us knowing they'll get a few chances at some point.

Imagine losing to a team managed by Brian Rice, spent his career being number 2 to John Hughes ffs.

Embarrassing. No shape, urgency. Once Lowe went off we had Ball, Ferguson and Shinnie in midfield - aye that’s needed at Home to Hamilton. The number 9 gave Considine, Devin and McKenna nightmares. A performance straight out the McGhee era.

1 point at home vs St Mirren and Hamilton isn’t good enough.

The happy clappers still won’t think it’s McInnes’s fault :clangers:

• Upvote 2

We've gone behind in games more this season than I can remember for years.

To be fair, his record against the lower teams has been excellent up until this year but the team is just too pedestrian and predictable at home. Teams just sit in and frustrate us knowing they'll get a few chances at some point.

Yeah absolutely! We used to be able to win majority of games against weaker teams but not happening this season.

Do we give him another chance to rebuild the squad or say change is best?

Sunday is now massive.

The No.9 Oakley bullied our backline all game too.

Said that during the game, never heard of the guy but he bullied our whole defense all night.

The number 11 was a threat also and if he made better decidions on a couple of instances, would have got more than the 1 goal he did.

We were awful at the back tonight and not just defensively as the distribution from Devlin, McKenna and considine was atrocious.

One of the worst performances I've seen in a long time.

Players showing no desire, no urgency, no fight, no passion.

Fucking pathetic.

I hoped that the Stenhousemuir game was just a one-off.... very worrying that we've had another performance of this level.  Very reminiscent of a few of our performances pre-xmas, where we looked completely lost - devoid of a plan B!

As always, plenty of bed wetting after a a bad result (I'd got up to watch the match, but went back to bed for a pish at fulltime.  That result was so bad, that I think i might have followed through.)... but extremely concerning that these type of performances are becoming increasingly more common.    Some justification for us bed-wetters maybe? 

• Upvote 1