Hearts 2 - 1 Aberdeen

One of the benefits of watching on telly then

He clearly came on and held 3 fingers up, as in, 3 at the back

I had a stream for it and Devlin 110% was playing up front. It was an embarrassing decision, still can't understand it.

We most likely will. Hearts go to Ibrox on Wednesday and Hibs play Killie before the Edinburgh derby. Even 4 points for us in the next two games would be enough to keep us far enough ahead goin into the top 6 fixtures.

That's a super-optimistic view considering our shite home form and we will be facing a Motherwell side who are flying at the minute. Followed by Dundee who are now going to be fighting for their lives to try to escape automatic relegation. Right now, I can see 2 points for us at best. As you say, both Hibs and Hearts face games where they thankfully are likely to drop points as well but I can see Hibs beating Killie then Hearts beating Hibs so if my prediction for us and them is correct they'd still gain on us.

I'm probably still just suffering a hangover from yesterday's performance and will be expecting to beat 'Well come Wednesday. Grumpy as fuck.com

Stevie May is shite?

Devlin isn't even that tall for a CB. We had the much more experienced in that position and someone who's capabable of monster throws, Greg Halford. If Derek wanted to cause mayhem up the top of the park to try sneak a goal, bringing on your smallest centre back isn't the way to do it. Taking off a winger to do that also isn't the way to do it. It was embarrassing. First nail in the coffin of DMc I think.

Devlin isn't even that tall for a CB. We had the much more experienced in that position and someone who's capabable of monster throws, Greg Halford. If Derek wanted to cause mayhem up the top of the park to try sneak a goal, bringing on your smallest centre back isn't the way to do it. Taking off a winger to do that also isn't the way to do it. It was embarrassing. First nail in the coffin of DMc I think.

I agree. All comes down to a terrible summer for Mcinnes

He was good at Kilmarnock? ffs. Means fuck all. He looked good in a Dundee side and went to a bigger club in Birmingham and failed completely.

Players don't turn shite overnight, no but can easily be shown up. The boy is scared to cross the ball with his right foot.

Stewarts best football at Dundee came from him playing on the left with little to no defensive responsibilities, again at Killie he had little to no defensive work to do and he thrived, it's clear as day that McInnes doesn't know how to use him, he has a knack of failing to get the best out of good players due to the way he wants us to set up.

Stewarts best football at Dundee came from him playing on the left with little to no defensive responsibilities, again at Killie he had little to no defensive work to do and he thrived, it's clear as day that McInnes doesn't know how to use him, he has a knack of failing to get the best out of good players due to the way he wants us to set up.

He just doesn't fit into a team with a rigid system, like that employed by McInnes. Positionally he looks lost when he plays for us. At Killie, whenever I saw him, he was dipping in and out of both channels, following the play, picking up bits & pieces where he could.

McInnes has never been good with these types of players, who require a bit of creative licence. See Maddison when he was up here...

He just doesn't fit into a team with a rigid system, like that employed by McInnes. Positionally he looks lost when he plays for us. At Killie, whenever I saw him, he was dipping in and out of both channels, following the play, picking up bits & pieces where he could.

McInnes has never been good with these types of players, who require a bit of creative licence. See Maddison when he was up here...

Is it McInnes fault that Greg Stewart can't adapt? (It is McInnes fault for signing someone who can't adapt though)

I've said it loads of times, he isn't that good. Look at his record - he averages 1 goal in 4 or something. His best year at Dundee, he scored 13 goals. He's slow, massively one footed and isn't worth building our team around

Utter, utter rubbish

How is it mcinnes fault Stewart is slow and cant use his right foot?

The guy cant handle any form of expectation, he is a loser

Absolute pish Cesc, it's piss poor from McInnes, shows how stubborn he is as well that he won't give Stewart a fair go in a role that suits him.

What do you mean by fair role in the team that suits him?

He gets the ball more than most of our players, it's not mcinnes fault that he cant handle the added pressure at a big club at the second attempt

He was already tried at right wing and failed, thrived at killie in a different position with no demands for defending, one that McInnes won't chance him in, Stewart loves it up here and I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel that much pressure and if anything it's McInnes that can't handle a talented player as he's proven in the past.

McInnes is so bad at subs. He should've taken off Stewart and Cosgrove on the 60 minute mark when it was clear they weren't going to have an involvement.

Waits till we're losing and the 80th minute to make one of the strangest subs I've ever seen watching football.

I really think this is the first nail in his coffin, if we finish outside 4th place and lose the semi (granted it's a tough draw) people won't be so lenient should our form continue into next season.

I think we'll look back on this game yesterday as the catalyst of his demise.

I hope I'm wrong, of course! Mangers just don't often live down mental decisions like that.

The swings from McInnes is god to McInnes is nearing his end every week depending on the result are now a joke.

If we were 2nd but out the cup to Rangers then fans would say, or think, they’d prefer vice versa. He cannot win.

I think it's because for a few years, it was exciting to be 'challenging' Celtic, or at least comfortably best of the rest, whilst the snakes were writhing around in the lower divisions. 

Now the status quo has been restored, it doesn't matter who's in charge. Second is now a massive ask every season. He's a victim of his own limited success.

I fear we could be in for another generation of Calderwood-esque mediocrity.

The swings from McInnes is god to McInnes is nearing his end every week depending on the result are now a joke.

If we were 2nd but out the cup to Rangers then fans would say, or think, they’d prefer vice versa. He cannot win.

I think this season the cup results against rangers have blinkered everyone's opinion.

If we look at it in a sobering light, we're doing below expectation in the league.

Another trophyless season and failing to qualify for Europe means we're honestly making no progress.

He needs a trophy or that European qualification to keep people onside.

Also, a change in the brand of football we play would be welcome. You can't win every game, but you want to see your team at least try and play attractive football. We are eyebleeding, which is only an OK brand to have when you're getting really good results. Our home form is frankly embarrassing and I've no doubt that's due to recruitment and a lack of creativity in the side which results in us struggling.

He's not a god, and he's not the worst manager ever.

He's probably past his sell by date as AFC manager, these next few weeks will give us an indication of how true or false that is.

I think this season the cup results against rangers have blinkered everyone's opinion.

If we look at it in a sobering light, we're doing below expectation in the league.

Another trophyless season and failing to qualify for Europe means we're honestly making no progress.

He needs a trophy or that European qualification to keep people onside.

Also, a change in the brand of football we play would be welcome. You can't win every game, but you want to see your team at least try and play attractive football. We are eyebleeding, which is only an OK brand to have when you're getting really good results. Our home form is frankly embarrassing and I've no doubt that's due to recruitment and a lack of creativity in the side which results in us struggling.

He's not a god, and he's not the worst manager ever.

He's probably past his sell by date as AFC manager, these next few weeks will give us an indication of how true or false that is.

But we likely will still qualify for Europe

But we likely will still qualify for Europe

I mean actually qualify. Group stages.

Got an unlucky draw last time out but if the board are serious about making us a European team they'll need to back him.

Derek mcInnes is in danger of having his time at Aberdeen being remembered for being a plucky loser, as opposed to a winner. If it's not already thought of as that.

We are doing what a lot of people said they wanted for us, that Lennon did with hibs

4th but beat rangers a few times

Hows it feel?

Exactly and Lennon's free flowing attacking football only happened in the big games against the better teams that everyone saw on TV. Their fans complained about the exact situation we're in now. They were shite in the smaller games. We're now Lennon's Hibs.