I do not deny MT is an Aberdeen fan and fair play. But why do you not support your local team, whoever that may be?

Just don’t get it, I’m born and bred Aberdeen hence who I am passionate about. Dare say if I was born in Glasgow I would unfortunately be supporting one of the scum.

All depends.   I live in Surrey.  My son has spent the entire 13 years of his life here.  On his wall is a saltire and a Dons calendar.  He has never entertained the thought of supporting one of the "local" teams (be it Sutton, Wimbledon, Kingstonians, or one of the London teams).  He has formed an allegiance through watching me watch my team, and by being lucky enough for his first match to be the League Cup win in 2014.

He's not massively into football at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that wherever he is and however old he gets, the Don's result will always be the first he looks for.

All depends. I live in Surrey. My son has spent the entire 13 years of his life here. On his wall is a saltire and a Dons calendar. He has never entertained the thought of supporting one of the "local" teams (be it Sutton, Wimbledon, Kingstonians, or one of the London teams). He has formed an allegiance through watching me watch my team, and by being lucky enough for his first match to be the League Cup win in 2014.

He's not massively into football at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that wherever he is and however old he gets,

the Don's result will always be the first he looks for.

How many AberDNA memberships does he have?

I do not deny MT is an Aberdeen fan and fair play. But why do you not support your local team, whoever that may be?

Just don’t get it, I’m born and bred Aberdeen hence who I am passionate about. Dare say if I was born in Glasgow I would unfortunately be supporting one of the scum.

Why not Partick or The Bully Wee?

• Upvote 2

Says a lot about you then fridgey.

As much as I don't like to use them as examples - I have never heard a celtic or sevco fan from Glasgow ask a fellow fan from outside of Glasgow why they support who they do. I've also never heard them saying they don't want fans from out with Glasgow supporting them.

It's almost like they're happy for their team to have fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Guest the shepherd

That's when I was most going to ganes too

When we were shite!

So you were the guy over in Olomouc that soaked Stuart Duff in Gambrinus lager, whilst singing 'you're not fit to wear the shirt"? You should have been arrested for using beer as an offensive weapon

Guest the shepherd

In fairness to millertime, Aberdeen weren't really winning stuff when he was a kid either.

You seem to know a lot about Millertime. What age is he then? Very chivalrous behaviour at each and every opportunity to defend his honour.

DD1903 = Redforever86 = Millertime. Siamese triplets or the same person? You decide.

They weren't winning stuff when he was a kid

I don't come from Aberdeen yet support Aberdeen. The first trophy I saw Aberdeen lift in person was when I was 27 years old.

We've won pretty much fuck all my entire life. I was going to school and taking slaggings on a weekly basis my whole childhood due to how fucking shite we were. Finishing bottom of the league, routine beatings from every team in the league, not scoring a goal for about 8 games in a row, 7-0 scuddings from the Tims.

Aye, all about the glory supporting Aberdeen :laughing:

• Upvote 2

No? How old is the weegie gype then? His sisters painted a hard paper round into his coupon if he's under 35

Let's says he's 35. Realistically, what trophies is he seeing, and appreciating/understanding from '84? The 3 league cups and a Scottish cup? Glory right there...

You seem to know a lot about Millertime. What age is he then? Very chivalrous behaviour at each and every opportunity to defend his honour.

DD1903 = Redforever86 = Millertime. Siamese triplets or the same person? You decide.

The sanctimonious nonsense you posted the other day was a bit OTT. It caught my eye. 'Aberdeen chose me.' Lolz

I'm not sure how long you've posted here, but in the several years that I've been here, millertime hasn't been shy in posting info about, or pics of, himself.

Also, I find it strange that fans of a football club are picky about where fellow fans are from...

• Upvote 2

Let's says he's 35. Realistically, what trophies is he seeing, and appreciating/understanding from '84? The 3 league cups and a Scottish cup? Glory right there...

84 to 94 we were one of the top two teams in Scotland winning or seriously competing for trophies every year bar smith's final season.

Compare that to hibs. hearts, the jutes or any other non old firm team he could have chosen to "support"

But aye total coincidence

Says a lot about you then fridgey.

As much as I don't like to use them as examples - I have never heard a celtic or sevco fan from Glasgow ask a fellow fan from outside of Glasgow why they support who they do. I've also never heard them saying they don't want fans from out with Glasgow supporting them.

It's almost like they're happy for their team to have fans.

Actually I have heard Celtic fans do this, and quite often. Probably something to do with being 'pure cafflick'. 

Guest the shepherd

The sanctimonious nonsense you posted the other day was a bit OTT. It caught my eye. 'Aberdeen chose me.' Lolz

I'm not sure how long you've posted here, but in the several years that I've been here, millertime hasn't been shy in posting info about, or pics of, himself.

Also, I find it strange that fans of a football club are picky about where fellow fans are from...

You do know the meaning of the word sanctimonious? Something I am certainly not min. I may be of plenty of characteristics, but being sanctimonious isn't one. Generally, someone of that ilk is of higher or middle class, or make on they are better than people whom are of the same social class, not me I'm afraid.

I could not care less where any Aberdeen supporter comes from, nor that I have ever inferred that. Your boyfriend comes from quaint old Glasgow, so what. Who gives a fuck?

Actually I have heard Celtic fans do this, and quite often. Probably something to do with being 'pure cafflick'.

I've not. Like maryhill says, they're quite happy to talk about having 'followers' 'everywhere'.

I've been asked by sets of fans from both sides why I support Aberdeen, with some missing the irony of themselves not being from Glasgow.

84 to 94 we were one of the top two teams in Scotland winning or seriously competing for trophies every year bar smith's final season.

Compare that to hibs. hearts, the jutes or any other non old firm team he could have chosen to "support"

All those trophies. 'Glory' right there.

You do know the meaning of the word sanctimonious? Something I am certainly not min. I may be of plenty of characteristics, but being sanctimonious isn't one. Generally, someone of that ilk is of higher or middle class, or make on they are better than people whom are of the same social class, not me I'm afraid.

I could not care less where any Aberdeen supporter comes from, nor that I have ever inferred that. Your boyfriend comes from quaint old Glasgow, so what. Who gives a fuck?

Social Class has nothing to do with being sanctimonious.

Come on lads.

Does it matter by which means someone started following the club? Especially if they're still supporting the club 20 years later.

Sometimes it's geography or historical family support

Sometimes family/friend connections

Sometimes being impressed by a particular team or player in the first instance.

Sometimes it's just liking a particular strip

Lots of reasons why someone might start following a particular club when they're young.

• Upvote 3

Come on lads.

Does it matter by which means someone started following the club? Especially if they're still supporting the club 20 years later.

Sometimes it's geography or historical family support

Sometimes family/friend connections

Sometimes being impressed by a particular team or player in the first instance.

Sometimes it's just liking a particular strip

Lots of reasons why someone might start following a particular club when they're young.

It would appear to some that it does.

You wouldn’t of supported the Dons if your first experience wasn’t one of glory simple as that.

Sanctimonious cunt.

Not during Porterfield's tenure we werent