Come on lads.

Does it matter by which means someone started following the club? Especially if they're still supporting the club 20 years later.

Sometimes it's geography or historical family support

Sometimes family/friend connections

Sometimes being impressed by a particular team or player in the first instance.

Sometimes it's just liking a particular strip

Lots of reasons why someone might start following a particular club when they're young.

Deep but so true.

Come on lads.

Does it matter by which means someone started following the club? Especially if they're still supporting the club 20 years later.

Sometimes it's geography or historical family support

Sometimes family/friend connections

Sometimes being impressed by a particular team or player in the first instance.

Sometimes it's just liking a particular strip

Lots of reasons why someone might start following a particular club when they're young.

Sometimes it's a documentary you watch when you're 18 months old

@@Roberto

• Upvote 2

How do you know how old he is like?

Well, being redforever, millertime and myself, I know a lot about a lot of things.

In all seriousness, MT has been quite open about a lot of things in this site over the several years I've read it. Some of it was lost when London Scottish took the huff, but it's all there to read. He's younger than me. But then many are.

@@Millertime will confirm. But I'm pretty certain he's under 35.

Where did I claim otherwise?

You could argue the competition was much stronger back then though given Porterfield was up against the old firm and UEFA cup finalists the jutes

Might be wrong - if I am apologies - but I'm sure you've slated McInnes

The standard was better. It's all relative though. money hadn't created the massive gap that there is now.

Might be wrong - if I am apologies - but I'm sure you've slated McInnes

The standard was better. It's all relative though. money hadn't created the massive gap that there is now.

Slated him last season aye.  Rot had set in the season previous. 

Season before that though the best since 1992-93 imo

The idea that any Dons fan’s a glory hunter is bizarre. Even though that was the only reason they started supporting us back in the glory days , if they’re still a red then they’ll have had to stick with us through a helluva lot more thin than thick.

And weegies are more than welcome to support us as far as I’m concerned. As long as they shut the fuck up.

• Upvote 1

I'm still reeling from the premise that only supporting a team because they are local makes you a better fan then someone who did something a bit more individual or single minded.

Na, its only partially that, its just that weegies are not really that welcome.

Not sure how long that has been the case but they have never really been in the last 40 years.

Must be weird going to games and hearing derogatory songs and abuse towards yourselves from people around you.

Na, its only partially that, its just that weegies are not really that welcome.

Not sure how long that has been the case but they have never really been in the last 40 years.

Must be weird going to games and hearing derogatory songs and abuse towards yourselves from people around you.

Fit gets me is Aberdeen born and still living in Aberdeen tim and hun supporters calling us Aberdeen bastards, sheep shagging bastards etc. Fuckin mutants.

• Upvote 2