The worst songs you've heard

Poodler

1 hour ago, Edwin Starr said:

Hoi.?.

Maybe you mean Oi (Skinhead reference ?).

Disco is for weemin, whiters and silly runnin' aboot, skinny auld (ie nearin' pension age) hoors fa' should ken better.

If you fall into one or more of the above categories, then consider yourself excused.????

1 hour ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Maybe you mean Oi (Skinhead reference ?).

Disco is for weemin, whiters and silly runnin' aboot, skinny auld (ie nearin' pension age) hoors fa' should ken better.

If you fall into one or more of the above categories, then consider yourself excused.????

Yup.skinhead.in 1974 We my wrangler Jeans and Ben Sherman shirt we a pleat  up the back not forgetting the Harrington jacket and Dr Martin boots.

Secondly 65 next year .

A.Bit thin yeah so you consider me excused. .??.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Edwin Starr said:

Yup.skinhead.in 1974 We my wrangler Jeans and Ben Sherman shirt we a pleat  up the back not forgetting the Harrington jacket and Dr Martin boots.

Secondly 65 next year .

A.Bit thin yeah so you consider me excused. .??.

Thank you.

Yes, you're excused.

Today I had on oxblood DM shoes, Wranglers (turned up to the ankle, seen in of course), tipped Polo shirt, burgundy  Harrington and yellow braces.  I'm not as old as you but got my first DM,'s and Ben Sherman circa 1970. We're still alive.  

I currently have about 20 pairs of DM's and Air Ware boots and shoes. Countless shirts, polos, Harrington, flight and Monkey jackets, Crombie coats etc.

43 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Yes, you're excused.

Today I had on oxblood DM shoes, Wranglers (turned up to the ankle, seen in of course), tipped Polo shirt, burgundy  Harrington and yellow braces.  I'm not as old as you but got my first DM,'s and Ben Sherman circa 1970. We're still alive.  

I currently have about 20 pairs of DM's and Air Ware boots and shoes. Countless shirts, polos, Harrington, flight and Monkey jackets, Crombie coats etc.

All that nice gear you have ...oh  yes the braces and the crombie coat what a superb fashion statement that was .

My granda bought me the crombie coat  aff his retirement pot from the docks .

1 minute ago, Edwin Starr said:

All that nice gear you haven yes the braces and the crombie coat what a superb fashion statement that was .

My granda bought me the crombie coat  aff his retirement pot from the docks .

Many people say I'm too old to be a Skinhead but I am what I am.  Part of the first wave (hence my name on here) and I carry on the tradition.  Reggae, ska, glam, boots 'n braces, aggro (fuck the politics the original scene had nothing to do with that).  Love it.  I'll be buried in a tonic suit. I've quite a few of them too.  A couple handmade and one offs from a tailor in Glasgow.  Not cheap but sharp as fuck.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Many people say I'm too old to be a Skinhead but I am what I am.  Part of the first wave (hence my name on here) and I carry on the tradition.  Reggae, ska, glam, boots 'n braces, aggro (fuck the politics the original scene had nothing to do with that).  Love it.  I'll be buried in a tonic suit. I've quite a few of them too.  A couple handmade and one offs from a tailor in Glasgow.  Not cheap but sharp as fuck.

The skinheads used to hang around the entrance to the graveyard in union street .

Were you one.?

Like you I love the gear was even looking for a pair of stay press online.

3 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

The skinheads used to hang around the entrance to the graveyard in union street .

Were you one.?

Like you I love the gear was even looking for a pair of stay press online.

No, I remember them well tho.  I was brought up in Kincorth and used to get the 25 bus up George Street to Hutcheon Street and walk to Pitoddrie from there so used to see them as we drove down Union Street. 

Once in the Beachend all the gangs joined together as the YY Crew.  Probably kickin' fuck out of each other at the Palace a few hours later right enough?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

No, I remember them well tho.  I was brought up in Kincorth and used to get the 25 bus up George Street to Hutcheon Street and walk to Pitoddrie from there so used to see them as we drove down Union Street. 

Once in the Beachend all the gangs joined together as the YY Crew.  Probably kickin' fuck out of each other at the Palace a few hours later right enough?

Aye the Y/Crew I was one but not the fighting kind.

Just now, Edwin Starr said:

Aye the Y/Crew I was one but not the fighting kind.

I was ???

Have a look at Relco Sta Prest on eBay etc.  They do loads of pretty accurate Skinhead clobber, shirts, jackets, cardies etc etc.

The Sta Prest nowadays are slimmer fitting than the original so it's worth sizing up.  

11 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

I was ???

Have a look at Relco Sta Prest on eBay etc.  They do loads of pretty accurate Skinhead clobber, shirts, jackets, cardies etc etc.

The Sta Prest nowadays are slimmer fitting than the original so it's worth sizing up.  

Have a peek the now not keen on tight fitting trousers .

Thank you.?

9 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Have a peek the now not keen on tight fitting trousers .

Thank you.?

Aye, they're a pain.  They're like a Mod fit in the leg.  Still, Relco gear is good for the price.  It's difficult getting any Sta Prest in the original fit. Mikkel Rude used to do them but a tad more expensive.

You can PM if you like, we're hoggin' this thread a bit.??

1 hour ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Aye, they're a pain.  They're like a Mod fit in the leg.  Still, Relco gear is good for the price.  It's difficult getting any Sta Prest in the original fit. Mikkel Rude used to do them but a tad more expensive.

You can PM if you like, we're hoggin' this thread a bit.??

I've got my eye on the tartan ones they are ace.

9 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That oasis song ‘ stand by me’ but in particular that bit near the end when younger monobroe sings “ nobody know-ah-wohs…, ’

Christ ?

I was a massive Oasis fan, but yeah that one was particularly cringe inducing. That and "All Around The World" with their attempt at making some lengthy, lighter waving anthem failing miserably.  Sure it was like 9 minutes long as well, basically a shit version of Hey Jude, which I despise now as well.  

She's Electric as well. It seems to be played constantly on the radio, despite there being a 100 better Oasis songs they could have picked. 

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Heard this fucking drivel on the wireless today. Easily the worst example of "music" in history.

@Parklifeplease say this isn't the sort of thing you listen to.

Never heard that song before. I'd agree it's brutal though. 

The lyrics have got a weird stunted rhythm and don't flow like they should. Dunno what that's all about.