The worst songs you've heard

Poodler

18 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

No where did I say that?

I think if they are disproportionately stopped and searched that these videos will play a part in the stereotyping.

I thought you'd have been able to extrapolate that without it being spelt out.

These videos shouldn't influence anything the police do. 

19 minutes ago, don corleone said:

Bohemian rhapsody is a truly terrible song. Infact everything by queen is pretty awful. Possibly the most overhyped band ever. Also everything Paul weller has done since the jam (great band) has been bloody dreadful aswell. 

Come away re BR. Will agree about Queen being overhyped. 

Haven't listened to any Weller that isn't the SC or the Jam. 

11 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They probably don't. I'd imagine it's more based on their experiences. Next time a black fella is moaning about the "violent black man" stereotype they should maybe look closer to home though.

What do you think white kids are listening to?

14 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They probably don't. I'd imagine it's more based on their experiences. Next time a black fella is moaning about the "violent black man" stereotype they should maybe look closer to home though.

You're so daft sometimes it's not even worth it 

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Some of them are listening to black men mumbling about about drug dealing, stabbing people, shooting people and raping women.

Helps to reinforce the stereotype. That's the point I'm making, badly it would seem.

It's not 'some', it's a huge number.

The largest consumer of rap music is white kids, and in large part middle class white kids. 

There's also a large number of white rap artists, like that Machine Gun Kelly abortion, thon G-Easy spud, and the Tekashi69 snitch, to name just a few of the current acts I 'get' to listen to when I'm driving my kid around to school fitba, his girlfriend, his MMA, the mall, his mates, sports matches, driving lessons, and every other fucking thing that takes up half my life at this point. 

The perception might be that this is a black thing, but there's been a shift towards the target demographic in recent years, because if you're trying to sell your shit, who do you think the bigger market is with the greater disposable income... poor urban black kids or rich suburban white kids. 

19 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You HONESTLY don't think those videos contribute to negative stereotypes of black men?

They do, but that's doesn't make what you're saying a fair argument. 

Anyone looking at videos like that and stereotyping all black men are idiots. The problem is with the stereotypers, not those being stereotyped. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

They do, but that's doesn't make what you're saying a fair argument. 

Anyone looking at videos like that and stereotyping all black men are idiots. The problem is with the stereotypers, not those being stereotyped. 

I'm not saying it's a fair argument, I'm saying it's a factual argument. These videos make negative stereotypes worse.

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

It's not 'some', it's a huge number.

The largest consumer of rap music is white kids, and in large part middle class white kids. 

There's also a large number of white rap artists, like that Machine Gun Kelly abortion, thon G-Easy spud, and the Tekashi69 snitch, to name just a few of the current acts I 'get' to listen to when I'm driving my kid around to school fitba, his girlfriend, his MMA, the mall, his mates, sports matches, driving lessons, and every other fucking thing that takes up half my life at this point. 

The perception might be that this is a black thing, but there's been a shift towards the target demographic in recent years, because if you're trying to sell your shit, who do you think the bigger market is with the greater disposable income... poor urban black kids or rich suburban white kids. 

Not denying any of that. My point is about these UK drill videos reinforcing negative stereotypes of black men.

Edit -that wasn't my original point, that was that they are absolutely fucking garbage.

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Not denying any of that. My point is about these UK drill videos reinforcing negative stereotypes of black men.

You make a reasonable point. However, it's contingent upon the authorities to not act upon negative black stereotypes in the same way they don't act on negative stereotypes towards Jews, Asians, Gays, Scots, or Muslims. 

Stereotype isn't a valid justification for harassment or victimisation. 

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'm not saying it's a fair argument, I'm saying it's a factual argument. These videos make negative stereotypes worse.

But that's not their problem? Are you saying they should act in a way so they don't get racially stereotyped? 

Like saying to a lassie don't wear a short skirt if you don't want raped.

A silly angle to approach it from

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

But that's not their problem? Are you saying they should act in a way so they don't get racially stereotyped? 

Like saying to a lassie don't wear a short skirt if you don't want raped.

A silly angle to approach it from

Fuck sake you are very hard work. 

Yes I am saying that, either that or stop their fucking moaning.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Or, you just make daft arguments all the time that don't make much sense. 

Why you've admitted what I've said is correct, those videos contribute to negative stereotypes, the only difference is you find fault with the viewers where I find fault with the masked mumbling halfwits dancing about with guns and knives.

18 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Why you've admitted what I've said is correct, those videos contribute to negative stereotypes, the only difference is you find fault with the viewers where I find fault with the masked mumbling halfwits dancing about with guns and knives.

It's their own fault they get stereotypes? 

Get off are rock ??

8 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

No but it's some of their fault they are reinforced.

Genuine question, please answer honestly, would it be OK for a white artist to have lots of black people jumping about with knives and guns in their video?

If not why not?

Not getting into this whatabouttery you like to drag folks into. 

You've said it's their own fault for getting stereotyped. 

Load of guff. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Not getting into this whatabouttery you like to drag folks into. 

You've said it's their own fault for getting stereotyped. 

Load of guff. 

No I've said it's the fault of the people making those videos that these stereotypes are reinforced. You've agreed on that.

Edit - the reason you're not getting drawn into it is you can already see the point I'm making and know I'm right although you wouldn't be able to admit it.

10 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

No but it's some of their fault they are reinforced.

Genuine question, please answer honestly, would it be OK for a white artist to have lots of black people jumping about with knives and guns in their video?

If not why not?

Is that really still a thing, though?

I think way back when, you had NWA and the like waving AKs maybe, but now it all about bling, bitches, and bills, yo. 

You'd be hard pressed to find much else, regardless of the colour of the 'artist'. 

Although... 

16 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

No I've said it's the fault of the people making those videos that these stereotypes are reinforced. You've agreed on that.

Edit - the reason you're not getting drawn into it is you can already see the point I'm making and know I'm right although you wouldn't be able to admit it.

Not even close to being the case. 

I didn't agree it was their fault, I agreed the videos reinforced stereotypes, because idiots like yourself stereotype people based off snippets of media they see.