Sevco v Aberdeen

We're pish. Worst part is we've hardly any players showing any fight or passion. Manager gets more defensive by the year. Seems to accept our 'place' in the Scottish football pecking order which is even worse. Doesn't have the imagination to try anything different.

We'll probably still finish top 4 by virtue of having better players than the majority but we're back to being cannon fodder to Celtic and the new Huns.

• Upvote 1

Yep. On top of the slide over the last 18 months - sackable.

But Milne won't.

Cormack might have to force the issue.

Yeah.

But the reality is that Cormack will have agreed to the contract extension. It won't just have been Milne's decision.

Also, they won't sack their man after a relatively short run of poor results.

And they won't be keen to pay up a huge amount of cash for a guy on a recently extended and lucrative contract.

Can't see him resigning unless he has a job to go to either.

Things will have to get much worse before they sack him.

Might be a mutual parting of ways next summer.

We're pish. Worst part is we've hardly any players showing any fight or passion. Manager gets more defensive by the year. Seems to accept our 'place' in the Scottish football pecking order which is even worse. Doesn't have the imagination to try anything different.

We'll probably still finish top 4 by virtue of having better players than the majority but we're back to being cannon fodder to Celtic and the new Huns.

I think even top 4 is wishful thinking tbh.

Thank fuck we don’t have a Scottish cup tie coming up pre Xmas as we would be getting papped straight out.

Was it the Dundee sc game we lost that meant we were out both cups before the end of the year?

Aye, gads.

5-0 at Tynecastle in December was the game before GWT took oer.

Who was caretaker for that Hearts game?

Seem to recall something about him proving himself a contender for the job depending on the result / performance.  :laughing:

CB saved us from certain relegation that year. We were utter utter garbage.

At least we are not that bad now. That’s about as positive a sentiment as I can muster.

I'm not defending McInnes far from it today was a total shambles but worth remembering we have taken a few poundings over the years at Ibrox we didn't win there for 26 years from 1991 to 2017. McInnes has managed 3 wins in 3 and a half years at snake mountain.

It doesn't excuse today or our shit form and style of play this season far from it. Just a bit of perspective as it's a ground that historically we rarely do well at. He has 3 wins and 5 defeats from 8 trips to Ibrox which overall isn't bad. I'd snap your hand off if you offered me 3 wins from our next 8 visits there. The huns are always bang up for it when we are the visitors.

I still think he's ran his course at AFC it's definitely all gone very stale. He must know that himself.

Just got back home and I still can't believe what I've watched there. In 35 years of watching Pro football, near enough 1000 games, mainly involving Aberdeen and Newcastle that must be in the top 5 of utterly shithousery and cowardly performances I've ever seen.

Set our stall out from the off just to keep the score down and just let them take pot shots at our goal from outside the area. They get the penalty, score it and a total capitulation follows.

They scored their 3rd about 5 mins into the 2nd half and I reckon 25/30% of our crowd walked out. Don't blame them. We left after 70 mins and heard them winning the penalty and celebrate scoring it outside. Total apathy in the away end today, nor real anger and I always think that's worse.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these clowns who thinks we're genuine relegation fodder cos we're not, I'm im also realistic to realise that 3rd is about as good as it's going to get but that was an absolute disgrace today.

I've never ever called for McInnes head. Don't particular rate him, but don't know who can come in and do better but it's becoming more and more obvious by the game and the total supporter apathy that his time here has just about run it's course.

Away end nowhere near full today. Huns away 3pm on a Saturday and loads of empty seats. The clever ones stayed away.

• Upvote 5