Coronavirus

Henry

12 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Ah, okay.

Erm, fuck the vaccine.

Our only way out, yeah cause we are told that? The amount of lies told throughout and money exchanging hands, rich getting richer. There is so much going to come out about this and the corruption from top to bottom IMO in years to come. Fuck the Vaccine is in complete response to the cunts not having a clue whether they know that it can defend you against new variants that come from all over, weekly. It's a lot of shit. % of effectiveness seems to be going down again as well. I'm just having no part of this shit show to be honest. An embarrassment from start to finish, but that's just my opinion I guess. You have yours, caledonia has his ways on the independence thread etc. Opinions, whether right are wrong are just strong beliefs and this is mine. I don't believe half the shit told nowadays min. And that includes the vaccination programme. Fuck it.

Fuck being a part of that I'm afraid, so it gets a fuck off from me.

I'll take my chances.

Anyways, away to watch absolute shite on TV that will rot my brain, and hope one day I'll be able to use it for general knowledge to impress folk when watching The Chase or something.

Tremendous post.  ?

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 5
31 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Ah, okay.

Erm, fuck the vaccine.

Our only way out, yeah cause we are told that?

Kinda, aye. Whether you like it or not, or whatever you believe, the only way restrictions are going to be eased are once a large percentage of the population are vaccinated. 

So being against that and being against restrictions doesn't seem to add up. 

The amount of lies told throughout and money exchanging hands, rich getting richer. There is so much going to come out about this and the corruption from top to bottom IMO in years to come.

Plenty blatant examples of corruption just now. Meanwhile the Tories are gaining ground in polls. No one really gives a fuck about governments stealing our money for their pals. 

Fuck the Vaccine is in complete response to the cunts not having a clue whether they know that it can defend you against new variants that come from all over, weekly. It's a lot of shit. % of effectiveness seems to be going down again as well.

Early indications show the Vaccines appear to be very effective. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I guess we'll see in the fullness of time. 

Wouldn't imagine that'll be any time soon.

"3 weeks to flatten the curve" last March

"2 week circuit breaker" in December.

Dates released last week for lifting restrictions - backtracking on them already due to the "Brazilian variant".  A variant we're told is extremely virulent yet 3 folk flew into Aberdeen with it 5 weeks ago and we're barely in single figure cases daily now.

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Dates released last week for lifting restrictions - backtracking on them already due to the "Brazilian variant".  A variant we're told is extremely virulent yet 3 folk flew into Aberdeen with it 5 weeks ago and we're barely in single figure cases daily now.

Brazilian variant is old news now anyway. The Nigerian variant is now the one which looks like it may pose the most concerns going forward. And there now appears to be a Japanese variant.

I'd be amazed within 12 months if there isn't an Indian variant.

28 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Don’t think anyone has backtracked. In fact I believe they (gov) said only tonight they’re still on course to stick with the intended date.

Press reports I read this morning said they may have to put the dates back. I’ll be amazed if they stick to them tbh. Amazed and delighted even though they are ridiculously far away 

I don't want the vaccine but I'm slightly nervous I won't be able to do what I want if I don't have it. Qantas have provisionally said they will only accept vaccinated folk. 

it's a shit situation but I probably put worse into my body every week.

got about a week to decide 

41 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I do admire the optimism, and truthfully I hope you are right... but let's just wait and see.

Still about 6 more variants to come in the next couple months (nostradamus prediction). We have been here before...

Aye I don’t doubt it. That’s what happens, viruses mutate and adapt to survive. It’s not really in anyone’s interest to continue in lockdown indefinitely. 

57 minutes ago, NEM said:

55 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Don’t think anyone has backtracked. In fact I believe they (gov) said only tonight they’re still on course to stick with the intended date.

Exactly. 

53 minutes ago, Roberto said:

First off, against restrictions which I don't believe AT ALL should still be in place now a year later. I feel strongly about that.

That doesn't change the fact that the only way they'll be lifted is once a sizeable number of the population are fully vaccinated though. 

No one really gives a fuck about stealing money for their pals? Well it's being talked about more and more now, and these 'polls' tend to be a lot of shite also. They don't speak for every person in the country.

Not "no one", that was poor word choice by me. I don't think a significant number of people care though. They just think all politicians are the same and would do the same thing. 

'Early indications'... what was the % of these vaccines at the beginning? What were they recently?

Off the top of my head about 90% efficacy was reported for them initially (varied by vaccine). Initial studies are showing that after just one dose they're proving to be upwards of 80% effective. 

• Dildo 1
34 minutes ago, NEM said:

Press reports I read this morning said they may have to put the dates back. I’ll be amazed if they stick to them tbh. Amazed and delighted even though they are ridiculously far away 

Aye they’ll please themselves about what happens and when to an extent but the rhetoric seems different this time. I’m not sure what the backlash would be if they renege. 

5 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Frogs now changing their minds on the AZ/Oxford vaccine for over 65s. 
Back of the queue, Pierre.

It is funny that, despite France and Germany doing that they've still managed to get a higher percentage of their populations vaccinated with two doses than the UK has, bloody EU.