Coronavirus

Henry

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

AS part of our HIV training as nurses back at that time we were told that some young pooves were having "Gift parties". Essentially, rather than worry for years about if they'd catch the virus, they preferred just to make sure they got it to eliminate the doubt. They'd throw a party (a gang bang) and invite as many HIV infected queerhawks as they could then have them all pump their asses full of infected jizz. Meanwhile we were all paying for their drug therapy which at that time was extortionate and not particularly effective.

What percentage is "some"?

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It technically is now a crime for an HIV +ve person to knowingly risk infecting another person. There have been a few prosecutions for this.

But the junkies (and especially here in Scotland) were even fucking worse at spreading it 30 odd years back.

AS part of our HIV training as nurses back at that time we were told that some young pooves were having "Gift parties". Essentially, rather than worry for years about if they'd catch the virus, they preferred just to make sure they got it to eliminate the doubt. They'd throw a party (a gang bang) and invite as many HIV infected queerhawks as they could then have them all pump their asses full of infected jizz. Meanwhile we were all paying for their drug therapy which at that time was extortionate and not particularly effective.

I wonder if @Dad enjoyed the parties.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We are limiting it. Aren't we treating people with it and encouraging people to get tested? 

Im not sure of your argument here tbh. 

When it was a new disease, so people didn't have to look back for years, why didn't we try and limit it and eradicate it? 

I know the answer, it's because in those days we valued personal freedoms, but it's a strange thing that we missed the chance to eradicate a new disease. 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

When it was a new disease, so people didn't have to look back for years, why didn't we try and limit it and eradicate it? 

People didn't know for years that they had it. So they would have to look back years. It's not like your cock glows red when you've got it. 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

I know the answer,

No you don't. You've made a false equivalence with two massively different illnesses and are talking shite. 

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

People didn't know for years that they had it. So they would have to look back years. It's not like your cock glows red when you've got it. 

No you don't. You've made a false equivalence with two massively different illnesses and are talking shite. 

Are you 100% sure that when it first started that people could have it for years with no knowledge? 

39 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No it was a lecture by one of the consultants in Infectious Diseases.

It was a compulsory training session for every trained nurse in Fife at that time

I worked in that area a long time ago, maybe even with the same Dr, I've never heard of that group practice before! 

just asking the bummers I party with (50's and 60's, if they knew that was happening). 

RE the Brazilian strain, has there been anything said about its potency? Or is it just more scaremongering by the irresponsible media? 

edit, just had a read. 'Experts say it may be more contagious - BBC'

pinch of salt 

10 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I worked in that area a long time ago, maybe even with the same Dr, I've never heard of that group practice before! 

just asking the bummers I party with (50's and 60's, if they knew that was happening). 

RE the Brazilian strain, has there been anything said about its potency? Or is it just more scaremongering by the irresponsible media? 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4768590/

Its apparently now called "bugchasing"

As for the Brazilian variant, what I've read about it is in common with the SA variant, it makes contraction of coronavirus much more likely than the older strains. AZ are actively in the process of altering their vaccine to cover the new variants, supposedly they think its a fairly easy alteration to make but wont be available till October at the earliest

47 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4768590/

Its apparently now called "bugchasing"

As for the Brazilian variant, what I've read about it is in common with the SA variant, it makes contraction of coronavirus much more likely than the older strains. AZ are actively in the process of altering their vaccine to cover the new variants, supposedly they think its a fairly easy alteration to make but wont be available till October at the earliest

Convenient.  Just in time for winter and continuation of lockdown.....

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

It's illegal in Scotland for 2 people who live in different households to have sex, even cuddle, despite both being perfectly healthy. Simply not sustainable. 

Send the police to my house next Friday, got chatting to a quine I knew when I was in my 20's, I'm on. Won't be much cuddling I expect, she wants the bod.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Misers Hill said:

Christ ?...okies ill own up, I started it..with 3 others...left Eastender Bar buckled...the carnage started when we started singing WAATIDWM..left hand side Seaforth road..massive rammy ensued..bottlenecked at the entrance tae the soother ...boys were bombing back and getting laid in?can be confirmed..can anyone find the programme @daytripping

Far Deekie Brown gies eh? @ that shitehole 

The ginger cunt on that programme and me started it?

Was a great day out, I was bottom row of the souther, was fuming Simmie got a yellow for the dive. Was the days of 1000 plus lads, great songbook and laugh but was too many, needed a few to get battered or scared to get it down to a hardcore. Halycon days. No PC shite in those days, disaster song was ace. 

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

You're expecting people who find out they have HIV (often years after they catch it) to know every person they've fucked or shared needles with for years? (Could you mind every person you were fucking in your teens/20's five years later?) And all the people they've shared with.  And all the people they've shared with. Etc

That seems pretty unrealistic 

Sound compatible with track and trace

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, The Cockney Don said:

Old Cockers iz getting eez first vaccine dun tomorrow morning. :dancin:

Shud av ad it dun last month. :oldman2:

Don't go to your appointment min. It's a dangerous world out there. There's a new Portuguese-speaking sniper roaming our streets. 

Get the vaccine sent to your home address for self administration. It's the safest way to get it.

Stay inside, close all of your windows and doors. Don't breathe unless you have to. Protect the NHS. Save lives. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Dildo 1