Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, jamiesd said:

Think it was mentioned back in April last year by some conspiracy nuts.  Ach well they can tick off another box.

I think it's been mentioned by all sorts of people for a long time tbh.

The same thing happens in some countries with regards to yellow fever. So it was hardly something that couldn't have been predicted. 

If it enables safe travel and I can get on holiday sooner, I'm all for it. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The same thing happens in some countries with regards to yellow fever. So it was hardly something that couldn't have been predicted. 

Yellow fever is a once in a lifetime jab now. be interesting to see the logistics of the covid passport, depending on how often we need to get it.

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aye folk like Tony Blair. 

Plenty money in it.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Why do you think that? If I've been vaccinated and everyone else in the UK has, why would I have to quarantine? 

So you are talking next year? Sorry I thought we were meaning this summer. 

If everyone in the UK has been vaccinated I don't see the point in a vaccine passport, just another expense really. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

So you are talking next year? Sorry I thought we were meaning this summer. 

If everyone in the UK has been vaccinated I don't see the point in a vaccine passport, just another expense really. 

I wasn't talking in any date particular. I'm not expecting to be going abroad this year though. 

1 minute ago, NEM said:

You might pick up a lethal new variant on your travels

You wish. 

1 hour ago, The Buzzard said:

The Mrs gran is teetering on the edge and her aunt who lives abroad might have to experience this if the old dear passes anytime soon. 

I'm really sorry to hear of your Mrs's predicament min.

She and her aunt should not have to suffer needlessly at the hands of our heartless and inhumane government at such a time if it unfortunately materialises.

Surely at time such as this, there should be special dispensation and humility applied, but the latter is one value and character that our government is severely lacking in. 

• Dildo 1

I have no problem with a vaccination passport. If that is what it takes for entry into other countries then do be it. I have one of those “yellow books” with all my jabs which is essential for some countries already. 

I think it would only be applicable if you have had two jabs though. I think there was supposed to be some global working party on this and they were to deliver recommendations by end of April 2021. 

53 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Might get the Scottish Cup and lower leagues finished after all...

Should be all good for schools returning pretty much to normal by Mid-March. 

No details on tiers but hopefully next week there will be further info and possible acceleration of relaxing rules. 

Predicted by my good self this morning, it isn't political though. 

Do you actually need to legally get a vaccine to get into certain counties at the minute? There’s always been recommendations and I know some companies ensure you have them to cover their own arses but I’ve never had to show proof of a vaccination when entering anywhere.