Coronavirus

Henry

Just now, zander said:

I said this yesterday. She said her stats showed that 1 in 5 positive visited hospitality in the run up to diagnosis but no real evidence that it was the contributing factor.

With no other restrictions in place other than hospitality - what exactly are they hoping to achieve?

Put loads of pubs out of business and change Scottish drinking habits

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It was suppressed though, the only way to suppress it is total lockdown. As soon as any restrictions are lifted it will spread. 

We need to decide how long is too long? How much is too much? 

The summer should've seen money and resources put into hospitals, care homes and services for the vulnerable so that when this happened the effect on them is as minimal as possible. Hardly anyone is dying at the moment anyway. 

They let people go in packed planes to potentially packed resorts on holiday, then return and potentially go back to work or school days later.  They decided to quarantine people from certain places, but only after the event where the other country's situation noticeable worsened.  They had such little oversight of those quarantining that they have no idea what compliance levels were.  They encouraged the return of university students seeing people from diverse areas converge in to crowded accommodations, lecture halls and so on.

There are so many areas over recent months where the decisions made will have had a hugely adverse affect on where we are now, giving it a much better platform to start running through the population over the winter. 

2 minutes ago, zander said:

I said this yesterday. She said her stats showed that 1 in 5 positive visited hospitality in the run up to diagnosis but no real evidence that it was the contributing factor.

With no other restrictions in place other than hospitality - what exactly are they hoping to achieve?

You can't go in someone else's house now, so I guess they see that and hospitality as the main risks.  Or certainly the easiest targets.  

Nortsound posted an interview with the owner of Siberia bar yesterday. He made a valid point. All these cases link back to hospitality because they are the only ones operating track and trace. Start taking details outside Asda and Primark, where people walk about freely, im sure youd start to see cases linked to shops too. 

Hospitality being unfairly penalised due to the strict measures they have had to adopt. 

I'll be in the bar tonight for a big blow out - then its house parties all round. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

No one cries at the passing of over 75s and there's a bloody good reason(s) for that. 

Every day in hospitals treatment is withdrawn from people because of their age/underlying conditions and they often die long, lingering deaths and no one gives a shit, unless they die of Covid of course, then it's a national emergency. 

2 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

They let people go in packed planes to potentially packed resorts on holiday, then return and potentially go back to work or school days later.  They decided to quarantine people from certain places, but only after the event where the other country's situation noticeable worsened.  They had such little oversight of those quarantining that they have no idea what compliance levels were.  They encouraged the return of university students seeing people from diverse areas converge in to crowded accommodations, lecture halls and so on.

There are so many areas over recent months where the decisions made will have had a hugely adverse affect on where we are now, giving it a much better platform to start running through the population over the winter. 

You can't go in someone else's house now, so I guess they see that and hospitality as the main risks.  Or certainly the easiest targets.  

I agree with you there, I've no idea why we didn't close the borders but I suppose if you do that then people that work in airports etc are totally fucked over. 

29 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's an infectious disease that people can have without even realising, it's impossible to 'control the virus' and ruining innocent people's lives trying to achieve the impossible, all based on guesswork from unqualified people is absolute fucking madness. 

It's not though because many countries have done it. 

13 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Aye but it's been the case for a few weeks you couldn't visit someone's hoose. The only real measures she introduced yesterday was hospitality.

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I agree with you there, I've no idea why we didn't close the borders but I suppose if you do that then people that work in airports etc are totally fucked over. 

Should've been testing on arrival. Let folk go away and enjoy their holiday and as I've already said charge them a fee for a test upon arrival.

36 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Nortsound posted an interview with the owner of Siberia bar yesterday. He made a valid point. All these cases link back to hospitality because they are the only ones operating track and trace. Start taking details outside Asda and Primark, where people walk about freely, im sure youd start to see cases linked to shops too. 

Hospitality being unfairly penalised due to the strict measures they have had to adopt. 

I'll be in the bar tonight for a big blow out - then its house parties all round. 

Good man 

58 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

I guess the logic is that you can take all the precautions in the world, but when you sit in a confined space with lots of people for a significant amount of time, the risk of transmission will clearly increase.  

this only applies if you are drinking alcohol, the virus knows

On 10/6/2020 at 10:44 AM, StandFree1982 said:

I think you'd be have to be a fucking idiot to have booked a foreign holiday this year after all this. 

I have friends coming out to see me in Cyprus next week.

And family coming out the week after.

They will be able to drink and eat where they want, inside or outside and at any time they want.

Seem the complete opposite of idiocy to me.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Were being shagged here RE wine 

Down in Spain they're getting quality bottles for £3 or £4. 

usually pay between 7-10 for home drinking 

Cyprus has shitloads of vinyards and produces excellent wine.

Been to a few of them around Troodos mountains, absolutely sublime wineage.

So you can get quality wine here for €3 or €4 a bottle.
While buying 8 other bottles of wine at Larnaca' version of Makro yesterday, I spied a bottle for €1.19.

Curiosity prevailed, so purchased, tasted last night, and there was fuck all wrang wi it. Came fae Spain.

There are boxes of decent local wine everywhere here in 1L cartons for €1.50.

My local shop has 5 Litre boxes for €7.99, and again there is fuck all wrang wi' it.

5 minute walk, excellent when waking up spangled at 7am and there's fuck all drink in the hoose. ?

Can get a litre of Smirnoff for €9 as well, fuck knows how much it is back in Scotland, but I'd hazard a guess at around double that.

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd love to make a genuinely good wine programme. 

I’ve been on wine courses with work and been “taught” how to look at the legs for tanin and how to tell if it’s corked. Still completely none  the wiser, just nail Its  and order a different second one if it’s nae the best.

I’ll admit I do the wanky thing of swirling it and tasting it. Not one single time have I ever sent it back. Nae convinced anyone really knows.