Coronavirus

Henry

One of the drugs taken by Donald Trumpthat he has touted as a potential “cure” for coronavirus was developed using human cells originally obtained from an elective abortion, a practice repeatedly denounced by the president and many of his supporters.

The drug is a monoclonal antibody cocktail developed by Regeneron. The president received an 8-gram infusion under a “compassionate use” exemption when he was hospitalized over the weekend after testing positive for Covid-19. There is no cure for Covid-19, and the drug is not approved.

you signing up for a trial @Clydeside_Sheep?

16 minutes ago, Henry said:

One of the drugs taken by Donald Trumpthat he has touted as a potential “cure” for coronavirus was developed using human cells originally obtained from an elective abortion, a practice repeatedly denounced by the president and many of his supporters.

The drug is a monoclonal antibody cocktail developed by Regeneron. The president received an 8-gram infusion under a “compassionate use” exemption when he was hospitalized over the weekend after testing positive for Covid-19. There is no cure for Covid-19, and the drug is not approved.

you signing up for a trial @Clydeside_Sheep?

Is it just me that thinks that sounds like something out a horror film? The world if fucked. We'll kill unborn children to develop drugs to keep old fucking codgers alive. We are fucked. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

COVID will disappear from dominating lives just as quickly as it arrived. 

rest assured Moobs and the dweeb will find something else to argue over 

I thought that Cavey but I honestly can't see how. Any vaccine will only be at best 50% effective so instead of 10,20 or 30 a day dying we'll have 5, 10 or 15 a day dying. No politician will say 'na it's OK just let them die' and the NHS will never say 'we can cope it's fine' so it's going to last forever. 

There is a large part of society that now just see others as a source of infection and I can't see how that changes while we keep testing testing and testing some more. 

We're fucked. 

25 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Is it just me that thinks that sounds like something out a horror film? The world if fucked. We'll kill unborn children to develop drugs to keep old fucking codgers alive. We are fucked. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I thought that Cavey but I honestly can't see how. Any vaccine will only be at best 50% effective so instead of 10,20 or 30 a day dying we'll have 5, 10 or 15 a day dying. No politician will say 'na it's OK just let them die' and the NHS will never say 'we can cope it's fine' so it's going to last forever. 

There is a large part of society that now just see others as a source of infection and I can't see how that changes while we keep testing testing and testing some more. 

We're fucked. 

Full on mental, spewing bullshit mode today, fatchops. What's up? 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

OK so how do we get out of this then Parky? What's you opinion on that? You like to demand answers from me so I'm asking you to put my mind at rest. What's the solution? 

We develop a vaccine that either gives immunity or significantly reduces the impact of the virus. We develop treatments that effectively combat the virus and improve outcomes. It moves from a serious illness to something far less so. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We develop a vaccine that either gives immunity or significantly reduces the impact of the virus. We develop treatments that effectively combat the virus and improve outcomes. It moves from a serious illness to something far less so. 

Everything I've read says any vaccine will be 10 - 50% effective, with the 50% highly unlikely. That's without taking into account mutations. We might be able to develop one in months but producing and rolling it out will take years. 

I can't see how we develop an effective treatment either. We never have for flu. 

For something this serious and this infectious to not become serious will take years. Years of lockdowns, masks, social distancing. 

Genuinely not trying to start an argument here, I've just started to think of a way out of it and it genuinely isn't there in months, it's years we are looking at. 

9 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Anything to get out of this shitshow tbh. 

7 months down the line and feels line we're back to square one.  Kinda shows any further Lockdowns are pointless 

Anything to get out of this shitshow, except for wearing masks, social distancing and following some basic rules, aye?

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

Anything to get out of this shitshow, except for wearing masks, social distancing and following some basic rules, aye?

But that doesn't get us out of it Mini. People will still catch it. Social distancing also means no pubs, gigs, live football, weddings, family parties, that IS the shit show, not the remedy to it. 

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I've stuck to the rules on the whole min. Don't enjoy wearing a mask but needs must, keep my distance.

I'm fed up of them like 

Fair enough, you moaned enough about it all so easy to think you don't follow the advice.

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

But that doesn't get us out of it Mini. People will still catch it. Social distancing also means no pubs, gigs, live football, weddings, family parties, that IS the shit show, not the remedy to it. 

It helps us get there, live football is happening, as are weddings, judging by some of the things I've seen IRL and online family parties are still happening, pubs are also open and there are out door gigs.

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Yeah I do but we'll still test and have deaths in that case so we'll still be where we are

Sort of, there might be a natural immunity built up which then make their "cure" look better than it actually is too. We'll probably not find out for years how necessary the actual lockdowns were and for how long. Fuck China basically, cunts

The fact the government are trying to get a bill through excluding them and the pharma companies of anything going wrong tells you all you need to know.

You do realise it takes between 5-15 years to actually have some sort of safe vaccine.  im not anti vax but i think i will pass on any shite getting handed out any time soon 

2 minutes ago, Chewie37 said:

Sort of, there might be a natural immunity built up which then make their "cure" look better than it actually is too. We'll probably not find out for years how necessary the actual lockdowns were and for how long. Fuck China basically, cunts

We're actively avoiding 'natural immunity' though. 

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Fair enough, you moaned enough about it all so easy to think you don't follow the advice.

It helps us get there, live football is happening, as are weddings, judging by some of the things I've seen IRL and online family parties are still happening, pubs are also open and there are out door gigs.

That list just sums up the world we live in now. Imagine a year ago you were told that there’s live football happening with only 300 allowed to attend wearing masks, no standing, singing or shouting. There’s weddings but only 15-20 people allowed to attend. Pubs are open but aren’t allowed to serve alcohol inside and no music is to be played. Outdoor gigs are happening but you’re fenced into separated areas. Crazy. It’s almost as though theyve been set a challenge to take the fun out of everything. 

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

C'mon Mini even you don't think that's normal life. You can't get to a game, clubs will be out of business soon, weddings are limited, pubs are effectively shut, outdoor gigs? Find me one in Scotland tonight and online family parties? What if you can't afford broad band or a laptop? 

Genuinely not trying to argue but I think it's valid to ask people who broadly support the measures to ask how they see us coming out of them