Coronavirus

Henry

Tbh google etc always know where you are. If I jump out the car, it saves a reminder where the car is parked, so it must've been tracking the difference in speeds, and knows my walking speed etc.

I don't believe the government is spying on every Tom dick and Harry and I don't believe the vaccine will make me grow an arm or anything. But I want no part in any of it and people just need to accept that that's ok. 

The women in my office are already getting into Vaccine v No Vaccine mode. It's no ones business if you don't want the vaccine and you don't owe anyone an explanation why. 

if pushed, my reason would be it's for weaklings

24 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Tbh google etc always know where you are. If I jump out the car, it saves a reminder where the car is parked, so it must've been tracking the difference in speeds, and knows my walking speed etc.

I don't believe the government is spying on every Tom dick and Harry and I don't believe the vaccine will make me grow an arm or anything. But I want no part in any of it and people just need to accept that that's ok. 

The women in my office are already getting into Vaccine v No Vaccine mode. It's no ones business if you don't want the vaccine and you don't owe anyone an explanation why. 

if pushed, my reason would be it's for weaklings

The problem there is that while you're likely in no danger even if you do get it, you remain a vector of infection for others. 

11 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

The problem there is that while you're likely in no danger even if you do get it, you remain a vector of infection for others. 

Hopefully they can keep a safe distance when they see the Star of David mark the non vaccinated ones will inevitably have to wear.

1 minute ago, Poodler said:

Hopefully they can keep a safe distance when they see the Star of David mark the non vaccinated ones will inevitably have to wear.

If you can walk off the virus you can walk off a few inactive bits of the virus... 

On the positive side, the vulnerable will be getting it first, so any unpleasant side-effects will hopefully manifest themselves in the initial recipients before the healthy go get theirs. 

I'm probably going to get the vaccine not for me but for others, because that's what Jesus would do. 

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

You still will be after the vaccine

I'm not sure that's true, to be honest. 

I've read a little bit about it since yesterday, but I'm far from convinced a vaccine will be anything but a dead end for the virus in those who take the vaccine. 

You definitely WILL be a vector if you DON'T take a vaccine, that much I can confidently predict, though. 

17 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

If you can walk off the virus you can walk off a few inactive bits of the virus... 

On the positive side, the vulnerable will be getting it first, so any unpleasant side-effects will hopefully manifest themselves in the initial recipients before the healthy go get theirs. 

I'm probably going to get the vaccine not for me but for others, because that's what Jesus would do. 

I'll go for version 2.0 if it's required for the activities I hope to do next year. But by fuck I'll make a song n dunce about it.

I admire your sense of community. Think working for the nhs in my 20's bankrupted mine 

2 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

If the vulnerable are vaccinated there shouldn't be a problem. 

I'd say there would definitely be less of a problem, which is why the vulnerable are going to be prioritised. 

Unvaccinated will still be spreading it to unvaccinated, of course, and that will be a much reduced problem. Though the long term health effects even in those who aren't in the 'at major risk of death' category probably shouldn't be ignored. 

1 minute ago, Fridge said:

The masks are making fuck all difference. With the best will in the world folk are going to be making mistakes and touching surfaces with their hands.

We just need to accept that it is out there, do our best but vulnerable people are going to die. Shame but that’s the way it is.

This is probably the most dangerous myth about the virus. 

It's universally agreed by credible virologists and scientists that masks absolutely do help. It's when people refuse to wear them, or wear them under their nose, that the virus spreads uninhibited. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
28 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

This is probably the most dangerous myth about the virus. 

It's universally agreed by credible virologists and scientists that masks absolutely do help. It's when people refuse to wear them, or wear them under their nose, that the virus spreads uninhibited. 

That’s your opinion Kelt which I accept. 

But me wearing a mask for two minutes going into a shop I doubt is making any difference whatsoever. I’m nae sneezing on old people.

Was speaking to my wee cousin today, actually my cousin's daughter never been sure what that makes her to me, she's got cystic fibrosis and "shielded" for months. Got a text from test and protect saying she's been in contact blah blah. Went for a test as she's high risk and turns out she's got it with no symptoms. Poor wee cunt stayed in the house for 3 months, didn't see a soul and all for fuck all.

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Harsh RF. Fridge has been bang on with his medical knowledge, his legal advice and other things. Wrong about masks though. 

I'd love to have a pint with Fridge, would like to see if in the flesh he is a raconteur who likes to exaggerate for comic effect. Or if he is the dweeb in the pubs everyone just says "shut up min, yir talking shite" to.

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

Doesn't that stem from that "venom" shite all the kids drink? 

The irony being, they think they are hardcore with this pish, but by the time they sip away at it for half an hour Cockney has necked 12 bottles of Holstein Pils. 

That venom is just a green monster that we used to drink but more expensive