Coronavirus

Henry

20 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

In Australia, I was advised that life is back to pretty much normal, but if they get 1 single case, they immediately enforce a short localized lockdown to prevent it spreading further.

These are a week to ten days at a time and provide a sharp reminder to people to remain cautious and to ensure they get on top of the potential spread.

It may seem draconian to some, but it is effective in protecting the population.

Protecting and most importantly controlling the population. The virus is not going away. Surely that's not a viable long term solution?

28 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

In Australia, I was advised that life is back to pretty much normal, but if they get 1 single case, they immediately enforce a short localized lockdown to prevent it spreading further.

These are a week to ten days at a time and provide a sharp reminder to people to remain cautious and to ensure they get on top of the potential spread.

It may seem draconian to some, but it is effective in protecting the population.

And is everyone compensated for the length of the lockdown? 

7 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Protecting and most importantly controlling the population. The virus is not going away. Surely that's not a viable long term solution?

It's not their long term solution though. Their long term solution is, like ours, vaccination. They just didn't kill 130k of their population first. 

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

So when they've vaccinated everyone they'll accept the virus circulating and a few deaths? 

I'm not qualified to answer but I'd guess that once they have other methods of controlling the virus & protecting their population (such as effective vaccines), they'll no longer have such stringent controls in place. 

44 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

I don’t know, however see below

36 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

And is everyone compensated for the length of the lockdown? 

Again, I’m not sure, but they have gotten control of it and are quick to pounce on any cases, meaning much shorter lockdowns.

We don’t have control and hence the long prolonged lockdown

Australia has 28k cases in total, 4 today, The UK has 4.1Million more cases than Australia, with over 10,500 today. Who has a better handle on the pandemic?

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I don’t know, however see below

Again, I’m not sure, but they have gotten control of it and are quick to pounce on any cases, meaning much shorter lockdowns.

We don’t have control and hence the long prolonged lockdown

Australia has 28k cases in total, 4 today, The UK has 4.1Million more cases than Australia, with over 10,500 today. Who has a better handle on the pandemic?

Australia clearly

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Is it fuck. It is mass hysteria at irregular intervals.

Regardless of what you think to BoJos plan, at least there is one. We have nothing.

It was even said this morning that even when we are all jabbed, international travelers arriving (all jabbed) will still need to quarantine until the end of 2022, and the locals will not be able to travel until in to next year.

Eradication is not possible, but they’re sticking to it.

Once we're all jabbed life goes back to normal. 

Unless there are some seriously vicious mutations that are immune to the vaccine and kill at an equal or greater rate than the current virus. Then fuck knows... more periodic, random, chaotic shutdowns. 

Best case, it becomes like the flu, cancer, or any other condition that kills us periodically but we accept it and move on. 

I have high hopes that CRISPR or its successors will eradicate most of this shit even in my lifetime. 

Science is terrific. 

• Dildo 1
25 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Is it fuck. It is mass hysteria at irregular intervals.

Regardless of what you think to BoJos plan, at least there is one. We have nothing.

It was even said this morning that even when we are all jabbed, international travelers arriving (all jabbed) will still need to quarantine until the end of 2022, and the locals will not be able to travel until in to next year.

Eradication is not possible, but they’re sticking to it.

Really, mass hysteria with less than 30k cases and less than 1k deaths.

Mass hysteria because Perth locked down for 5 days on the back of 1 positive case.

I’d rather have your figures than ours

6 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Mega fuckin LOL

Whatever you’re smoking Kelt, pass it around, socially distanced of course

I'll say it again... once we're all jabbed life goes back to normal, or a close approximation. 

You can chuckle all you want, I've been Nostradamus on this shit from the get go. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Correct

Stupid Ozzies. Mass hysteria at a 5 day lockdown. Funny really. We’re on our third lockdown, this one since Boxing Day 2 months ago and we’re still getting over 10k cases per day. That’s 35% in one day of what you’ve had since the start of the outbreak

We had one case in Aberdeen that decided to go to a pub and then infected 300+ people and that was before the new variant which spreads more.

Be thankful your government has a better handle and have had significantly fewer deaths than how we’ve fared in the UZk

5 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Stupid Ozzies. Mass hysteria at a 5 day lockdown. Funny really. We’re on our third lockdown, this one since Boxing Day 2 months ago and we’re still getting over 10k cases per day. That’s 35% in one day of what you’ve had since the start of the outbreak

We had one case in Aberdeen that decided to go to a pub and then infected 300+ people and that was before the new variant which spreads more.

Be thankful your government has a better handle and have had significantly fewer deaths than how we’ve fared in the UZk

Brian's made a massive cunt of his every utterance about covid. Best to ignore him. 

• Dildo 1