Coronavirus

Henry

People age 16-64 who have the following health conditions will be next to be invited for the first dose of the vaccine:

a blood cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)
diabetes
dementia
a heart problem
a chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma
a kidney disease
a liver disease
lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as HIV infection, steroid medication, chemotherapy or radiotherapy)
rheumatoid arthritis, lupus or psoriasis (who may require long term immunosuppressive treatments)
who have had an organ transplant
have had a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
a neurological or muscle wasting condition
a severe or profound learning disability
a problem with the spleen, such as sickle cell disease, or those who have had their spleen removed
have a BMI of above 40
are severely mentally ill

Should see a lot of the Hat lads getting the vaccine soon. 

1 hour ago, Henry said:

People age 16-64 who have the following health conditions will be next to be invited for the first dose of the vaccine:

a blood cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)
diabetes
dementia
a heart problem
a chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma
a kidney disease
a liver disease
lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as HIV infection, steroid medication, chemotherapy or radiotherapy)
rheumatoid arthritis, lupus or psoriasis (who may require long term immunosuppressive treatments)
who have had an organ transplant
have had a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
a neurological or muscle wasting condition
a severe or profound learning disability
a problem with the spleen, such as sickle cell disease, or those who have had their spleen removed
have a BMI of above 40
are severely mentally ill

Should see a lot of the Hat lads getting the vaccine soon. 

Be easier just to say @Dad

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Getting stressed out wanting your vaccine OJJ? 

Poof

Not getting stressed out at all boobs min. I’ll wait my turn and get the vaccine as per the priority groups with eager anticipation.

I’ll be at the lower end of the list though, still being relatively young and in perfect health.

Covid: Vaccines having big impact on hospitalisation risk https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153600

But with early results like this who wouldn’t be looking forward to getting the vaccine and another major step towards a return to normality.

14 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Why not get a different job, or work for yourself? 

Or are you only tough enough to say no to the government but not your boss? 

Type of smart arse reply I expected although would have lumped on other posters first ?

If every company go down the no vaccine no job route how do you propose I do that?  Take over a failed newsagent or B&B?

I've no requirement for a vaccine especially one the long term effects of are unknown however putting a roof over my kids heads is my priority nae acting "tough".  

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Type of smart arse reply I expected although would have lumped on other posters first ?

If every company go down the no vaccine no job route how do you propose I do that?  Take over a failed newsagent or B&B?

I've no requirement for a vaccine especially one the long term effects of are unknown however putting a roof over my kids heads is my priority nae acting "tough".  

Was just being a dick. You can’t be that concerned about it then, so I thought it’d just be easier to get it and we can all out of this shit.

FTR Newsagents was a great success, guest house well it depends on this shit haha. 

Be alright.

Genuinely not having a go at anyone but I hate the way the chat around the vaccine is going in general. I think it's perfectly legitimate for people to have doubts and considering a very high percentage of people can have covid and not even realise I think it's fair enough for people to decide to take their chances without it. 

I'll take it when offered but I'm not entirely comfortable about it and I'm very uncomfortable about my son having it if it ever gets offered to schoolkids. I'm not an anti vaxxer at all but the simple fact is that it is impossible to know any long term effects. This vaccine could be the greatest mistake in human history for all we know.

6 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Was just being a dick. You can’t be that concerned about it then, so I thought it’d just be easier to get it and we can all out of this shit.

FTR Newsagents was a great success, guest house well it depends on this shit haha. 

Be alright.

If its a choice between going homeless and the kids starving then aye I'll take one for the team.  I'm not stopping anyone who wants one taking it so can't see what difference it makes getting out of this shit if I have one or not.

Ha ha fingers crossed it is.  Should be busy summer if we're allowed to move around domestically as doubt there'll be any foreign travel allowed this year - could be coining it in ?

27 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

who on here gets the winter flu jab.

own up!?

Aye. I’ve had the winter flu jab every year it’s been offered by my employer.

Not read one study on the long term effects or safety of the specific vaccine (that is developed each year) before getting it either.

Sleeve rolled up, jag in the arm and crack on - let my immune system and the vaccine do the rest.

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Genuinely not having a go at anyone but I hate the way the chat around the vaccine is going in general. I think it's perfectly legitimate for people to have doubts and considering a very high percentage of people can have covid and not even realise I think it's fair enough for people to decide to take their chances without it. 

I'll take it when offered but I'm not entirely comfortable about it and I'm very uncomfortable about my son having it if it ever gets offered to schoolkids. I'm not an anti vaxxer at all but the simple fact is that it is impossible to know any long term effects. This vaccine could be the greatest mistake in human history for all we know.

Spot on.  Classic divide and conquer from the powers that be - anyone refusing it is going to be vilified.  So much for "my body my choice" ?