Coronavirus

Henry

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

1. Not only do you not know your history, you are incapable of reading.

2. I understand why you don't want to tell us the real reason. I heard it before.

Sure you have old man. ????

You stick to getting pissed and angry on message boards, leave the living to me. I'll regale my tales of yore on my return, you won't miss out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Yeah, free to go out and get pissed up in the Glasgow pubs, just don't visit anyone in their home. 

Struggling with that tbh. Sturgeon is being marked down for bias. 

It makes sense, Glasgow is a better, more valuable city than this place and their cases are no where near as bad as ours was per capita.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4
Guest milne_afc

Yeah, free to go out and get pissed up in the Glasgow pubs, just don't visit anyone in their home. 

Struggling with that tbh. Sturgeon is being marked down for bias. 

Guest milne_afc
13 minutes ago, minijc said:

It makes sense, Glasgow is a better, more valuable city than this place and their cases are no where near as bad as ours was per capita.

What would the case/life expectency rate be? That should be a key thingmy in all this 

Hardly any politician (bar the NZ bint) has come out if this well. Trying to balance the health of the nation with the health of the economy on this scale is unprecedented.  

Care homes have been a disaster for Boris and Nicola. Whoever before said Nicola had no choice and was following the UK lead needs to get their head out of their arse. 

Boris has come across as a bit of a blunderer (as he is) by constantly being posted missing in action. Nicola has come across as a power freak by feeling the need to be prime time TV every day and ordering everyone around like a school teacher. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
12 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Surely easier to contact trace folk who visit pubs than those who host private parties?

Is Glasgow house party central now?

You get hundreds through a Glasgow pub on a busy night, it's a cop out that everything is open when we got shut down, without even asking I know you're a nat. Ludicrous they can decide where the spread is happening, not allowed in houses but ok for work, schools, pubs, restaurants, gyms, swimming pools, shops, holidays, family days out etc etc. Shambles and not leadership, she would have shut Aberdeen back down.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Is Glasgow house party central now?

You get hundreds through a busy Glasgow pub on a busy night, it's a cop out that everything is open when we got shut down, without even asking I know you're a nat. Ludicrous they can decide where the spread is happening, not allowed in houses but ok for work, schools, pubs, restaurants, gyms, swimming pools, shops, holidays, family days out etc etc. Shambles and not leadership, she would have shut Aberdeen back down.

For the record I think all lock downs are a shambles, no one is dying, move on and stop spreading fear.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

For the record I think all lock downs are a shambles, no one is dying, move on and stop spreading fear.

The Bolton/ Trafford one is odd. They’re due to come out of lockdown tomorrow but cases are on the rise so the council are demanding the lockdown stays which is at odds with the government.

2 hours ago, daytripping said:

I've not read the news but could anyone tell me if I'm still ok to go visit a friend in Glasgow this weekend? I won't go to their house, have a hotel booked, we still ok to go out and get smashed in pubs and clubs without breaking any rules? 

Pubs aye,  clubs no.  And nobody knows if you visit a pals or not,  how could the authorities possibly know?   Fuck them. 

41 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

The Bolton/ Trafford one is odd. They’re due to come out of lockdown tomorrow but cases are on the rise so the council are demanding the lockdown stays which is at odds with the government.

Tide has turned at my work this week, car park been deserted since March is now rammed, some high up dude must have said fuck this, get everyone back in, canteen opens on Monday for the first time since original lockdown. In general people are seeing it for what it is, more folk getting tested, more positives, no one dying. Time to get the wheels rolling again. It no doubt speeded up some deaths but that's about it.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Just read an Irvine Welsh tweet from yesterday;

"Everyone’s granddad was fucked in some war or another. The answer is to end wars, not indulge in a victim-embracing wankfest over this."

Your granda never fought in a war, I can tell, he would have had some collection of white feathers that were stuck to his front door every night. Fucking taking quotes from an aids ridden hibs junkie, I'd ban you for that. Back in your cellar old man. You've lost your touch arguing with the desolates on donstalk.

• Upvote 1