Coronavirus

Henry

18 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I don't what what you meant. It's why I asked. But he wasn't just predicting race conflict. He was advocating something far more insidious than that. In the US, 13% are black. I don't think that's a big enough proportion for Enoch's warnings to be taken seriously.

White cop kills black man in Minneapolis. That sparked the current outrage. It's not a "race conflict" unless you can argue otherwise?

It seems to me there's a bit of a race conflict going on in the states.  Am I imagining all the BLM protests?  

27 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Race conflict suggests fighting between different groups/tribes of people.

Here what we have is some mostly black people protesting against police brutality and a system that they think hates them.

In fact a lot of people from other races support them so you might say it's the antithesis of a race conflict. 

Fair point, but Donald is trying his best, so give him time.

The attitude from the general public towards the virus is so different in Aberdeen than it is down in England. I’d say less than 50% wear masks in shops down here, bars and restaurants are playing music and commentary on the telly for sporting events. People are going back to offices. Places are busy and folk are returning to normal. Despite this, hospitals cases and deaths are decreasing all the time. 

edit - I was out in Aberdeen on Sunday taking in the hibs game and it was really dreadful. Some pubs saying you had to wear masks if you aren’t sitting in your seat and absolutely no atmosphere anywhere due to the no music/commentary rule. Nobody will want to be a part of that. 

26 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

The attitude from the general public towards the virus is so different in Aberdeen than it is down in England. I’d say less than 50% wear masks in shops down here, bars and restaurants are playing music and commentary on the telly for sporting events. People are going back to offices. Places are busy and folk are returning to normal. Despite this, hospitals cases and deaths are decreasing all the time

edit - I was out in Aberdeen on Sunday taking in the hibs game and it was really dreadful. Some pubs saying you had to wear masks if you aren’t sitting in your seat and absolutely no atmosphere anywhere due to the no music/commentary rule. Nobody will want to be a part of that. 

Not true.

On 8/14/2020 at 1:39 PM, BrianFaePerth said:

What’s been seen here and in europe is that the second lockdown is worse than the first. The politicians know they can get away with it.

here we are at 120 odd days covid free and the WA feds and politicians are warning to expect lockdown. There are strong whispers in the health sector of a need to be ready.

why now? Because some place thousands of kilometres away got a few cases?

But you’re right, the easiest way to annoy a sandgroper is to question the wisdom of McGowan or the border strategy. Folk whose lives have been fucked by the decisions almost have to apologise for pointing out their predicaments.

The worm has turned.  Typically Western Australian response, in that it's nothing to do with peoples lives/businesses that've been ruined by the hard border closure, nor the impending lockdown when we do re-open... that doesn't register to the average parochial western australian.  However, when the West Coast Eagles are getting fucked over - that's a different story!  Then we have a goddamn major problem!  That's when an avalanche of attitudes to start to change in this state!  Social media is right now brilliant - McGowan being blamed for West Coast not winning the Grand Final already!  Hero to villain in 24 hours!

Am absolutely loving the fury of Eagles supporters! ?

44 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

The attitude from the general public towards the virus is so different in Aberdeen than it is down in England. I’d say less than 50% wear masks in shops down here, bars and restaurants are playing music and commentary on the telly for sporting events. People are going back to offices. Places are busy and folk are returning to normal. Despite this, hospitals cases and deaths are decreasing all the time. 

Agree re nobody wanting to be a part of it. Contemplated going out on Sunday for the game but thought better of it and just watched at home with a mate. Lack of atmosphere in any bar here will be horrendous. 

Just now, Studebaker-90 said:

Regardless, we are still talking about very low numbers despite many people not bothering adhering to restrictions (as far as I can see). As always you just have to monitor it. 

Here's the thing, when they monitor it then take action everyone that harps on about getting on with things moan like fuck and say we shouldn't be doing anything.

2 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Agreed  

I was out in Leeds a couple of weeks ago. Felt like a normal enough night out, only difference was table service rather than going to the bar and no groups together (a lot of places were putting two tables close to each other so you were essentially sitting in a group) 

Bars open till 4 and music was playing, just not as loud. Probs why Leeds is high for infections, but still it’s completely different attitude than Scotland. 

6 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

Agreed  

I was out in Leeds a couple of weeks ago. Felt like a normal enough night out, only difference was table service rather than going to the bar and no groups together (a lot of places were putting two tables close to each other so you were essentially sitting in a group) 

Bars open till 4 and music was playing, just not as loud. Probs why Leeds is high for infections, but still it’s completely different attitude than Scotland. 

Liverpool was exactly the same, just felt like a normal night out with table service. That was 3 weeks ago and there’s no evidence of people getting ill or requiring hospital treatment