Coronavirus

Henry

14 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Weird question to ask seeing as the rules are 8 folk from 3 households. 

13 hours ago, pocrawred said:

Kain, we're twa couples fae two hooses, so fk nose why we were asked that? Hid a couple o Aspall cider then!

Because the rules are that you are still meant to socially distance (1m + in a pub enviornment I guess), if you are separate households.  

I guess if you'd said we are two households, the guy would have needed to get a larger table or two separate tables if he was following the rules in place.

• Downvote 1
25 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Quite the opposite. The leader Richard Leonard has folk resigning saying they have no confidence in his leadership. Scottish Labour cruising towards extinction etc. 

There's a simple way they could change that...

23 minutes ago, The Cockney Don said:

In some ways, a vote for SNP is a vote for Conservative.

And how is that? 

Scotland voted Labour for decades and still had to put up with a Tory government in Westminster regardless. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
3 hours ago, Foster14 said:

Because the rules are that you are still meant to socially distance (1m + in a pub enviornment I guess), if you are separate households.  

I guess if you'd said we are two households, the guy would have needed to get a larger table or two separate tables if he was following the rules in place.

What is the point in making this shit up. Nobody is going to be doing this. Either it is safe to open bars or it’s not. I’m nae taking a metre stick with me to go for a pint.

Guest the shepherd
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

No, as it'll bring more unsubstantiated lies and scaremongering that armageddon is only days away and that anyone that disagrees is unequivocally wrong and is a selfish, narrow-minded bastard (like me). Mind you, it seems lots of people are being internalised by this way of thinking that test, test, test is the way forward and we will live happily ever after (like a ladybird book from schooldays?) if we do get tested. Absolute dog shite.

16 minutes ago, the shepherd said:

No, as it'll bring more unsubstantiated lies and scaremongering that armageddon is only days away and that anyone that disagrees is unequivocally wrong and is a selfish, narrow-minded bastard (like me). Mind you, it seems lots of people are being internalised by this way of thinking that test, test, test is the way forward and we will live happily ever after (like a ladybird book from schooldays?) if we do get tested. Absolute dog shite.

Spot on

Interesting change in the daily scot gov figures.  Looks like lots of people are still being counted as being in hospital for covid even if they are no longer being treated for covid.  Will be interesting to see what the real number is when they change the stats next week. 

• 259* people were in hospital with confirmed COVID-19.

*  This figure includes people who are no longer being treated for COVID-19. This is being reviewed and will be replaced next week with a measure that focuses on hospital in-patients with a more recent positive COVID-19 test.

18 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Interesting change in the daily scot gov figures.  Looks like lots of people are still being counted as being in hospital for covid even if they are no longer being treated for covid.  Will be interesting to see what the real number is when they change the stats next week. 

*  This figure includes people who are no longer being treated for COVID-19. This is being reviewed and will be replaced next week with a measure that focuses on hospital in-patients with a more recent positive COVID-19 test.

That'll massively infuriate Dayts as it, all of a sudden, was the most important barometer of how Scotland was handling the virus. 

18 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Will be next to none, they've been lying to us since it started, every health care worker will tell you how quiet hospitals are, they're even advertising on the radio for people to go to their doctor if they have a problem. Nicola and her daily scare meetings has terrified the older generation. 2 Deaths in a whole Month, both I'd wager with bad pre conditions and she's still carrying on this nonsense, really wish people would think for themselves, running the economy with not a care in the World, she knows it's not her tab.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That'll massively infuriate Dayts as it, all of a sudden, was the most important barometer of how Scotland was handling the virus. 

I'm just laughing at how incompetent and manipulating the SNP are, the numbers were clearly kept high artificially to feed her daily propaganda nonsense, it wasn't possible we were almost on a par with England. It's only people questioning the stats that will now see the truth come out. She really needs to go to jail for the mess and lies she tells.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
17 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

How is Boris and Hancock and Williamson and Gove et al doing in your view?

Actually, don't bother, I don't care to hear it.

They're giving out real numbers for a start and not giving daily propaganda speeches to further their aims. The dictator should not be allowed a daily publicly funded platform to spread her lies and propaganda. Instead of getting education and the economy back on track she announces independence as her political aim for the short term, what a brass neck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Let’s see if they get shut down

Police are investigating after more than 300 people attended a house party in Midlothian, Scotland.

Officers were called to the party, which was run as a commercial event in a rented property, at 00:20 BST on Sunday.

They said organisers showed a "blatant disregard" for coronavirus rules which limit indoor gatherings to no more than eight people from three households.

A 29-year-old man issued with a fixed penalty and police are investigating culpable and reckless conduct charges against the organisers of the party.

It comes as the First Minister Nicola Sturgeon warned coronavirus is spreading again in Scotland.

Was just having a wee glance through this and to be honest was a bit flabbergasted at some of the things I read.

Firstly, the idea that no one has been dying of Covid 19 in Scotland is strange: 

As at 9th August, 4,213 deaths have been registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate, Between 3rd – 9th August, five deaths were registered that mentioned COVID-19 on the death certificate, representing a decrease of two from last week. This is the lowest weekly total for deaths involving COVID-19 since the first death was recorded in early March.

You may well wonder why that differs from the figures presented at the daily briefings. The Scottish Government has a different criteria than other parts of the UK. 

I will leave each of you to make your own conclusions on why that may be.

In terms of the its only old and ill people that will die, everything else should crack on - the data would appear to bear that out with 91% of Scottish covid 19 deaths occurring in people with a pre-exisiting condition. Which if immediate death was your only concern would indicate that the 'we'll ll be fine I'm all about me I don't care who else dies' brigade would be correct, of course they are willing to sacrifice other as opposed to their nearest and dearest I'm sure. 

But, and there is always a but, this is a new condition that we know nothing about the long term effects of, but one area that should give pause to all is the high rates of myocarditis being found amongst healthy people who have contracted Covid 19 - and that may just be the beginning (myocarditis is a realtively minor heart ailment I will grant anyone not concerned but since most people who contract covid 19 are asymptomatic and unlikely to seek treatment...well you can draw your conclusions as you see fit.)

In conclusion, people are still dying albeit in low numbers covid 19 on their death cert in Scotland, just the Govt don't report it and to say that that is just a flu and there are no longer term implications and we should just shield the vulnerable is not a great plan with something that is essentially unknown.

I'll leave to your squabbling now. Oh and wear a mask. It doesn't hurt you.