Coronavirus

Henry

Just now, daytripping said:

Just saw a bit of England playing India at cricket over there, stands were rammed. How are these 3rd World places not being hit like us.

Apparently the hotter the environment the less the chance droplets have of surviving long enough for others to inhale them, because they evaporate in the heat quicker. 

So all your African and south of the equator places have slower transmission. 

Plus they're tougher than Westerners, frankly.  Your typical Yank will throw a fit if they have to wear a mask, whereas an African is out in a locust swarm in 50 degree heat fighting for the last cornstalk while fending off raiders with a rusty pitchfork. 

5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Apparently the hotter the environment the less the chance droplets have of surviving long enough for others to inhale them, because they evaporate in the heat quicker. 

Plus they're tougher than Westerners, frankly.  Your typical Yank will throw a fit if they have to wear a mask, whereas an African is out in a locust swarm in 50 degree heat fighting for the last cornstalk while fending off raiders with a rusty pitchfork. 

Plus their life expectancy is much lower than the West, average Covid death age is at least 10 years older than their life expectancy.

Terrible death rates in South America though.

5 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Plus their life expectancy is much lower than the West, average Covid death age is at least 10 years older than their life expectancy.

Terrible death rates in South America though.

Glasgow is like that but they still have high numbers. 

Hopefully it ripping through south america means that hibs cunt will croak it.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

You're too negative... I think the quarantine has affected your mood more than you think. You've even stopped complaining about the immigrants, min. That's a sure sign of depression ?

Listen to your uncle Kelt... the vaccine will get us back to normality to a large degree, and we'll all be complaining that we can't get into pubs and restaurants because they're too fucking packed. 

I do worry that you're a bit depressed, though. I feel like you need a little shot in the arm, so to speak. 

For example, the immigrants paddling across the channel aren't going to be vaccinated. That makes you mad, right? 

You've not seen the disgusting enthusiasm for lockdowns, mask and social distancing we've got over here. There are people revelling in all this that'll keep it all going. 

Then there's yer 'long covid' mob. They'll still be chuntering on endlessly about how dangerous it all is. 

Im telling you there will never be an end to social distancing, there will always be council punters cutting about fining pubs etc until they just end up with big huge chain places that do food. Yer old fashioned boozer is fucked. 

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

What about Australia and states like Texas and Caliornia where it's also roasting?  They should be more relaxed about it like the Indians and the Africans? 

25 minutes ago, daytripping said:

The stands that had people in them had no social distancing,  they did have other empty stands. Wasn't like we had here with people sitting apart.

Wis spikking aboot you earlier here ?..

aye the dug was...booze thread..?

Dunno how to quote the booze thread from ....@ MHD ??..

Heres eh fae 14th..Feb  ?...

@Sooper-hanz.....

She will come ??....she will come from ??..

Screenshot-20210225-020229-Samsung-Inter

38 minutes ago, Misers Hill said:

Wis spikking aboot you earlier here ?..

aye the dug was...booze thread..?

Dunno how to quote the booze thread from ....@ MHD ??..

Heres eh fae 14th..Feb  ?...

@Sooper-hanz.....

She will come ??....she will come from ??..

Screenshot-20210225-020229-Samsung-Inter

Fucking renovating a house, been tough going, like a homes under the hammer job, move in on Sunday, my body is broken. It's going to be beautiful but too old for this lark, getting there though and it was cheap. Could have easily turned it for a 30k profit but need somewhere to live. :)

Nae been keeping up we the hat gossip.

32 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Transmits in air conditioned buildings. 

Thon Hamilton over here sliding about for 6 days, driving ubers, going to the high commission and interacting with hundreds of contacts, all while having the dreaded won’t-someone-think-of-the-children UK mutant virus and not a single person infected.

Same happened in Brisbane. 

Are we supposed to believe the virus has arrived here and decided it’s on holiday coz the weather is decent?

2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

Transmits in air conditioned buildings. 

As I said yesterday, I'm not convinced that it just lurks in the air waiting for a host and on surfaces for a prolonged period of time. If some of the most unwell people in the country can be in the same room as positive people and be nursed by people in the PPE which may be covered in particles, and still not get it, it kind of makes a mockery of those people who hiss at you for touching things in the supermarket etc 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-54793554

2 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Thon Hamilton over here sliding about for 6 days, driving ubers, going to the high commission and interacting with hundreds of contacts, all while having the dreaded won’t-someone-think-of-the-children UK mutant virus and not a single person infected.

Same happened in Brisbane. 

Are we supposed to believe the virus has arrived here and decided it’s on holiday coz the weather is decent?

it prob died of boredom in wa, if you ask me

4 hours ago, Poodler said:

As I said yesterday, I'm not convinced that it just lurks in the air waiting for a host and on surfaces for a prolonged period of time. If some of the most unwell people in the country can be in the same room as positive people and be nursed by people in the PPE which may be covered in particles, and still not get it, it kind of makes a mockery of those people who hiss at you for touching things in the supermarket etc 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-54793554

One thing that hasn't been communicated over here is that it mainly transmits through people touching their eyes, nose and mouth.  I think it was the Singapore health minister that explained this back in March/April last year, urged people not to touch those area unless of course their hands and face were clean.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

One thing that hasn't been communicated over here is that it mainly transmits through people touching their eyes, nose and mouth.  I think it was the Singapore health minister that explained this back in March/April last year, urged people not to touch those area unless of course their hands and face were clean.

Little wonder than that case rates went up when mask wearing became mandatory.....

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Little wonder than that case rates went up when mask wearing became mandatory.....

I do think masks help to a certain degree but then it comes down to those wearing them, how often they ficker with them, if they change them regularly or continually wear a dirty mask.  There's so many basic things that governments have failed to promote throughout this, failure to promote immune health a key one, think it's very poor that gyms can't open, from what I've seen of the gyms here they've put in great systems and protocols to ensure they operate in a safe manner.