Coronavirus

Henry

Interesting quotes from Mark Woolhouse to the Holyrood covid committee.

"Scotland was not close to elimination at any stage during this epidemic.

There appears to be no route or at least no route that any country in the world has found to get from where Scotland is now to where New Zealand is now. There's no route there. The route was back in February. We missed our chance to be like NZ back in February

You can't have an elimination strategy in Australia or Scotland or anywhere else and also be relaxing measures. They are contradictory aims. So if you're going for elimination you have to be locked down for a very, very long time given where we started

We didn't pay nearly enough attention to doing things beyond lockdown. The vulnerable in care homes, and the wider community. We simply didn't do that enough, all we had was shielding which wasn't a particularly effective policy according to most people

And a little bit of extra advice for the over 70s. We could have put so much more effort into protecting the people who needed protecting. We do now recognise this."

Also on moving forward:

"We're on a knife edge in terms of suppressing new variants, which... makes elimination of the new variants, through suppression methods, through lockdown methods, I'm not clear how we could achieve that. We're barely driving it down at all. We need some sustainable ways to deal with these new variants and adjustments to the vaccine would seem to be the primary way."

22 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

There appears to be no route or at least no route that any country in the world has found to get from where Scotland is now to where New Zealand is now. There's no route there. The route was back in February. We missed our chance to be like NZ back in February

You can't have an elimination strategy in Australia or Scotland or anywhere else and also be relaxing measures. They are contradictory aims. So if you're going for elimination you have to be locked down for a very, very long time given where we started

We didn't pay nearly enough attention to doing things beyond lockdown. The vulnerable in care homes, and the wider community. We simply didn't do that enough, all we had was shielding which wasn't a particularly effective policy according to most people

And a little bit of extra advice for the over 70s. We could have put so much more effort into protecting the people who needed protecting. We do now recognise this."

Also on moving forward:

"We're on a knife edge in terms of suppressing new variants, which... makes elimination of the new variants, through suppression methods, through lockdown methods, I'm not clear how we could achieve that. We're barely driving it down at all. We need some sustainable ways to deal with these new variants and adjustments to the vaccine would seem to be the primary way."

The boys talking nonsense about protecting the vulnerable. Impossible according to Parky. 

26 minutes ago, NEM said:

www.tuin.co.uk

Some decent advice on there about building one 

Cheers man. Easy enough for a DIY'er (even a shite one like me) to put together? 

14 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

The boys talking nonsense about protecting the vulnerable. Impossible according to Parky. 

Nope. YOU were talking nonsense about it. You were saying everyone else could go about as normal and we could protect them. That's what I said wasn't possible. 

No I didn't say that. I said we could still do working from home, social distancing, support for self isolation and at the same time massively increase the support for the vulnerable. 

You said that wasn't possible. 

I said elimination wasn't possible, you said it should be the aim. 

Sounds like that geezer has been closely following the POTY

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

No I didn't say that. I said we could still do working from home, social distancing, support for self isolation and at the same time massively increase the support for the vulnerable. 

You said that wasn't possible.

All total lies but that's what I've come to expect from you. 

I'll leave you to spin those all by yourself, seen as you're clearly trying to pick a fight with me today. 

• Downvote 2
  • Dildo 1
On 9/24/2020 at 2:45 PM, manboobs109 said:

As requested here's my plan - 

Stop testing schoolkids with the sniffles and their families, perfectly healthy students and people with no symptoms and use that capacity for regular testing of care home staff, home carers and members of the public with responsibilities for regular care of elderly and vulnerable people. That is until more testing capacity becomes available. If these people are unable to work for 14 days or whatever give homes, councils, charities the funds to provide replacement care. This will help provide temporary jobs and retraining for people made unemployed during the last few months.

Nursing homes should have trained nurses on at all times but where possible increase this to care homes.

Increased use of hypochlorous acid, with sprays placed at the entrances of care homes, hospitals, train stations etc

Meals on wheels, home visits from doctors, chemists etc for those who need them.

Council helplines for people choosing to shield set up for any assistance required (I'd get the traffic wardens doing it but thats not a dealbreaker)

Payments for people who have to isolate through track and trace

Continue with social distancing where possible but allow businesses to operate where this isn't possible

I'd basically make it as easy as possible for people who CHOOSE to shield to do so. After a few months of this the R number would be very low as the virus will have spread amongst the general population and a degree of immunity will have built up. We're going to have to accept that some people will die from this and they will continue to do so forevermore.

I'd like to have taken this option from the start and the the furlough billions could have been used in a different way rather than paying perfectly healthy people, some of them very well off, thousands of pounds a month to stay at home to hide from a disease that a)will hardly affect them b) they are going to catch anyway but that ship has sailed

BOOKMARKED for when Parky says "how would you protect the vulnerable" for the 1000th time

Here's some of what I suggested 6 months ago, a lot of which I'd been saying since March. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

Also on moving forward:

Yep that was Sturgeon speaking shite again that her fanboys lapped up.

I see she has now changed her language to saying we are trying to suppress Covid now instead of eliminate it.

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Cheers man. Easy enough for a DIY'er (even a shite one like me) to put together? 

Hmmm I'd say aye but the Mrs old man was in charge of building ours I just provided the labour ?

Getting the foundations in and level then getting the bottom layer in and square was a fuck about.  Took about 3 days.  The rest of it went up in about 4 hours and was a piece of piss.

52 minutes ago, NEM said:

Hmmm I'd say aye but the Mrs old man was in charge of building ours I just provided the labour ?

Getting the foundations in and level then getting the bottom layer in and square was a fuck about.  Took about 3 days.  The rest of it went up in about 4 hours and was a piece of piss.

Cheers man. I see a mob near me do similar buildings and assemble for £40/m2. I might do that as I'll definitely make a cunt of it lol. 

3 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Time for a new hobby Moobzoid 

Jesus H Christopher!!

Indeed. 

It's also not what he was saying "all along" but he can lie about that as the previous thread was lost. 
I also told him several flaws in the grand plan and what I think would  be needed to make it work. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Cheers man. I see a mob near me do similar buildings and assemble for £40/m2. I might do that as I'll definitely make a cunt of it lol. 

So £480 for the total build based on your 3x4m?  Would definitely go for that save a lot of fucking about and the potential for mishaps ?

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Indeed. 

It's also not what he was saying "all along" but he can lie about that as the previous thread was lost. 
I also told him several flaws in the grand plan and what I think would  be needed to make it work. 

And you can claim I'm lying without any proof. 

I've been fairly consistent on this Parky, you can bullshit all you want

Interesting read here between the differences in policy between England and Scotland and the impact they've had. 

Particularly interesting is the impact on vaccinations in care homes. It wasn't long ago the Scottish Government were being lambasted by many for being "behind" on vaccinations but were vaccinating a far higher percentage of care home residents. However that strategy seems to have been far more effective. 

It's behind a paywall but works when accessed through Reddit for some reason. 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Since the world is the way it is, from yesterday I am now identifying as a vaccinated person.

I have no intention of getting the vaccine but if men can identify as they/them etc then fuck it, I'm a vaccinated person.

You'll get your vaccine soon enough, chill out. It's almost the weekend. 

38 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Interesting read here between the differences in policy between England and Scotland and the impact they've had. 

Particularly interesting is the impact on vaccinations in care homes. It wasn't long ago the Scottish Government were being lambasted by many for being "behind" on vaccinations but were vaccinating a far higher percentage of care home residents. However that strategy seems to have been far more effective. 

It's behind a paywall but works when accessed through Reddit for some reason. 

Says whom?