Coronavirus

Henry

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

And also that there will be malingerers who present with a variety of vague symptoms that even though clinical investigations like blood tests show up no discrepancy, doctors cannot ultimately disprove that they are "at it" and so go along with a long covid diagnosis

I would have put money on a few of Mrs FFS friends who were fucking guaranteed to come away with the "I've got long covid" pish.

The very same bints who have also claimed to have had ME, Fibromyalgia and a plethora of other illnesses that cannot really be conclusively diagnosed and now it's the long Covid.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

I would have put money on a few of Mrs FFS friends who were fucking guaranteed to come away with the "I've got long covid" pish.

The very same bints who have also claimed to have had ME, Fibromyalgia and a plethora of other illnesses that cannot really be conclusively diagnosed and now it's the long Covid.

Exactly! Load of attention seeking made up pish. 

26 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Consi's in particularly rude and condescending form today,  really revelling in the attention. 

Bored out my nut.

Bogs were cleaned ages ago

39 minutes ago, Fridge said:

What the fuck just read this to catch up on the story.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-confirms-covid-lockdown-24525093

“I know this will be disappointing for many businesses – and also some employees who are finding home-working hard.”

“We shouldn’t lift important restrictions to make our lives easier and then expect the public to take responsibility for doing the right thing anyway.”

How is this home working enforced?

So let me get this straight, it is still law for people to work from home if they can. Is that right? Lol.

I've been back in my office since March, no masks in the office, no social distancing, no fucks given. We haven't had one visit by any law enforcement during this time. I can do my job from home. Ooops.

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

How is this home working enforced?

So let me get this straight, it is still law for people to work from home if they can. Is that right? Lol.

I've been back in my office since March, no masks in the office, no social distancing, no fucks given. We haven't had one visit by any law enforcement during this time. I can do my job from home. Ooops.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Facts and stats would prove otherwise. You just need to look at the fact that the death rate has lowered since the vaccination program has been rolled out.

The restrictions therefore will have contributed to a reduction of spread and infection rate. Just imagine the scenario where the NHS were totally overwhelmed and could not cope (like Italy was initially and they had reported convoys of ambulances with patients that could not be delivered to hospitals.

The restrictions would have helped suppress the infection rate, of that there is no doubt.

I do agree that some of the decisions have been ludicrous, but thankfully we are now at a position in this pandemic where the restrictions can be lifted and we now adapt to living with the virus

Like it did last summer - long before the vaccination was available.

7 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I’d have no doubt as we learned better how to treat people with the virus, but would still not be as good as it is now with an increased vaccinated population

But it’s worse now than it was last year?

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's the kinda thing they had a year ago, aye. Given you seem to have known that, it's weird you posted an article which was trying to imply this was something new. 

Think the nearest one to me is

"what's on your bucket list? 

Get the vaccine!" 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

But it’s worse now than it was last year?

Its not exactly apples for apples though with the different variants and different periods of outbreaks

I heard on the radio the other day in Scotland that the number of positive cases was back to January levels, but the deaths was 4 now as opposed to circa 60 back then. You can't honestly be proposing that the unvaccinated society is better protected.

It was reported last week that ARI and a hospital in Elgin were at capacity as a result of hospitalisations.

From https://www.publichealthscotland.scot/media/8268/21-06-30-covid19-publication_report.pdf

• 61.8% of COVID-19 related acute hospital admissions were in unvaccinated individuals, of which 71.6% were in the under 40s age group.
  • In the last month, there has been an increase in the overall number of COVID-19 related acute hospital admissions, with the largest number among unvaccinated individuals.
  • Since 10 May, a larger and increasing proportion of COVID-19 related acute hospital admissions have occurred in unvaccinated populations, in comparison to populations with one or two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.