Coronavirus

Henry

Just now, manboobs109 said:

I'm no questioning it either, I'm questioning the effects of the restrictions.

I think lockdowns are effective at stopping the spread of the illness but pretty much awful for every other aspect of life, and at this point, many are vaccinated, it should be all good, in my professional opinion. 

Shock she amends level 0 rules. Can't stand her, at all. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think lockdowns are effective at stopping the spread of the illness but pretty much awful for every other aspect of life, and at this point, many are vaccinated, it should be all good, in my professional opinion. 

Shock she amends level 0 rules. Can't stand her, at all. 

Effective at stopping the spread? We've had 2 full ones and we've got thousands of cases a day and thousands dead.

Doesn't seem that effective.

Just now, NEM said:

No bigger bigot or moron than yourself on here min 

I'm racist against whites and bigoted against racists. 

I'm scum

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Effective at stopping the spread? We've had 2 full ones and we've got thousands of cases a day and thousands dead.

Doesn't seem that effective.

During the lockdowns the numbers weren't high, hence their point. It stops the spread for the duration of the lockdown, but naturally cases will rise the more we come out of it. 

Why did I have to explain this?

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

During the lockdowns the numbers weren't high, hence their point. It stops the spread for the duration of the lockdown, but naturally cases will rise the more we come out of it. 

thats because no cunt was going to get the tests

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You didn't. I already knew that. You said they "stopped" the spread when you should've said "temporarily slowed" the spread then the misunderstanding wouldn't have happened.

No need for the patronising tone when it was you who was wrong.

Lockdowns only delay the inevitable. Prolonging the agony if you will. Soon as we come out, off go the cases again because we’re social creatures and have been passing on viruses for millennia. New ones come around, we catch them, build immunity and are better equipped to deal with them when we come in to contact again. Some folk cope better than others. Some folk are overwhelmed. Trying to ‘beat the system’ by closing the pub an hour earlier and saying you can meet 4 pals but not 5 inside is just futile.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Lockdowns only delay the inevitable. Prolonging the agony if you will. Soon as we come out, off go the cases again because we’re social creatures and have been passing on viruses for millennia. New ones come around, we catch them, build immunity and are better equipped to deal with them when we come in to contact again. Some folk cope better than others. Some folk are overwhelmed. Trying to ‘beat the system’ by closing the pub an hour earlier and saying you can meet 4 pals but not 5 inside is just futile.

Yip. Meant to be "following the science" but it's all just guesswork. The alcohol with a "substantial meal" chat was the perfect example of that. No science or evidence just one woman's opinion.

The council fenced off the outdoor gym at my bit during the first lockdown. No evidence, no science, just a guess from someone in government which has proven to be fucking stupid.

18 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You didn't. I already knew that. You said they "stopped" the spread when you should've said "temporarily slowed" the spread then the misunderstanding wouldn't have happened.

No need for the patronising tone when it was you who was wrong.

You knew what I meant

22 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Amen

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I still maintain that not one life has been "saved" by all this. We might have prolonged a few by a few months but the people who covid will kill will have been killed or still will be killed.

I’m calling bollox on that.

Ive not caught the virus( not yet anyway). Would I have caught it without measures in place? Most probably.

There will be 10’s or 100’s of thousands similar and I’m certain deaths would have been higher had restriction not been put in place.

Im double vaccinated now though and the vaccination program means everyone has the opportunity to protect themselves, so we do need to start getting back to a sense of normality.

Covid will continue to kill. It will now be like Influenza.

Time to move on and get back to enjoying life

• Upvote 4
  • Dildo 1
41 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I’m calling bollox on that.

Ive not caught the virus( not yet anyway). Would I have caught it without measures in place? Most probably.

There will be 10’s or 100’s of thousands similar and I’m certain deaths would have been higher had restriction not been put in place.

Im double vaccinated now though and the vaccination program means everyone has the opportunity to protect themselves, so we do need to start getting back to a sense of normality.

Covid will continue to kill. It will now be like Influenza.

Time to move on and get back to enjoying life

Impossible to prove either way. It's all guesswork. No one knows how many people have had it or died from it and if they would've died anyway. All I know is that 4 households, 15 households, 11pm closing, mask wearing, green lists, it's all a load of toss to give the illusion of control.

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Is it not plausible that "long covid " is depression from the way we have had to live these last 18 months?

Nae idea 

8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Of course it is

The "symptoms" are exactly the same

Best to speculate on these issues and read absolutely nothing on it 

52 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Impossible to prove either way. It's all guesswork. No one knows how many people have had it or died from it and if they would've died anyway. All I know is that 4 households, 15 households, 11pm closing, mask wearing, green lists, it's all a load of toss to give the illusion of control.

Facts and stats would prove otherwise. You just need to look at the fact that the death rate has lowered since the vaccination program has been rolled out.

The restrictions therefore will have contributed to a reduction of spread and infection rate. Just imagine the scenario where the NHS were totally overwhelmed and could not cope (like Italy was initially and they had reported convoys of ambulances with patients that could not be delivered to hospitals.

The restrictions would have helped suppress the infection rate, of that there is no doubt.

I do agree that some of the decisions have been ludicrous, but thankfully we are now at a position in this pandemic where the restrictions can be lifted and we now adapt to living with the virus

7 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Strange how long covid seems to be more prevalent wi middle class women.

Up there with postnatal depression.

Load of attention seeking made up pish. 

I'm astounded at the sheer volume of medical professionals on this forum. 

You just never know 

Long covid is definitely a "thing". Which up to now seems to disproportionately affect women. 

Indeed there will be a blood test soon that distinguishes it from other conditions that might have similar symptoms

https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/features/long-covid-blood-test/

However I think it's virtually certain that in some instances "sufferers" are inducing psycho-somatic symptoms and claiming that they have long covid. And also that there will be malingerers who present with a variety of vague symptoms that even though clinical investigations like blood tests show up no discrepancy, doctors cannot ultimately disprove that they are "at it" and so go along with a long covid diagnosis on the basis that they have ruled out other conditions (  and in a few cases just  to get them out their hair). I have a suspicion long covid will be to this decade what myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome ("yuppie flu") was to the nineties and early 2000's

What the fuck just read this to catch up on the story.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-confirms-covid-lockdown-24525093

“I know this will be disappointing for many businesses – and also some employees who are finding home-working hard.”

“We shouldn’t lift important restrictions to make our lives easier and then expect the public to take responsibility for doing the right thing anyway.”

4 minutes ago, Fridge said:

What the fuck just read this to catch up on the story.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-confirms-covid-lockdown-24525093

“I know this will be disappointing for many businesses – and also some employees who are finding home-working hard.”

“We shouldn’t lift important restrictions to make our lives easier and then expect the public to take responsibility for doing the right thing anyway.”

That last sentence sums her up perfectly. So she basically can’t expect her electorate to behave. 

She is a beaut. 

• Dildo 1