Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

No I never moobs. I replied to a post that said some people fucking loved lockdown with ‘yeah lazy cunts that didn’t want to work’.

I didn’t berate people forced to stay at home. Nobody should have ‘enjoyed’ being locked down though. Nobody should have wanted to be locked down but it was essential.

I'll let you off then

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Nobody wants to live with restrictions. Its not about 'doing as your told' its about having common sense and empathy for those that are more at risk. Fucking weird that some people still don't get that.

It’s a fucking flu, only really a threat to the elderly. Straight from the horses mouth on the video posted earlier. Stop being a blouse 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NEM said:

It’s a fucking flu, only really a threat to the elderly. Straight from the horses mouth on the video posted earlier. Stop being a blouse 

Ooh the founder of Microsoft said so… who gives a fuck. Even if it was only a threat to the elderly (which it’s not), younger, healthier people could still catch it and pass it on to the elderly… so any measures put in place for everyone to follow should have been followed?

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Ooh the founder of Microsoft said so… who gives a fuck. Even if it was only a threat to the elderly (which it’s not), younger, healthier people could still catch it and pass it on to the elderly… so any measures put in place for everyone to follow should have been followed?

Just dinna test then we're all none the wiser.

Just now, maryhilldon said:

Zero's a strange one isn't he?  Cannae wait to get to his work?  Very odd.

Hey if you’d rather have been locked down, unable to see family, go to the pub or go to football matches then fair enough. I didn’t get any enjoyment from lockdowns as would rather have had life carrying on as normal. Each to their own though.

23 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Bet he hate’s having to take holidays and definitely works Boxing Day and also the 2nd of January

No way, finish on Christmas Eve every year for 2 weeks.

Weird how many people loved being locked down, companies closing , people losing jobs etc. but hey you got some ‘bonus holidays’ so all was good.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Hey if you’d rather have been locked down, unable to see family, go to the pub or go to football matches then fair enough. I didn’t get any enjoyment from lockdowns as would rather have had life carrying on as normal. Each to their own though.

Summer of 2020 was ace. Life did carry on, if you wanted it too ?

8 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

No way, finish on Christmas Eve every year for 2 weeks.

Weird how many people loved being locked down, companies closing , people losing jobs etc. but hey you got some ‘bonus holidays’ so all was good.

Got six weeks holiday’s for the price of five days. Was great spending time with the family instead of spending it at work

6 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I was ( and still am) an essential worker during lockdown. I’d have loved it, loved it to have been told to go home for a few weeks . 
That’s not laziness. That’s just wanting a few weeks off and being paid for it. 

Pandemic or no pandemic, Stoke City needed that trophy room carpet.

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Looking back it was a mad time. It brought out the worst in people imo. Selfishly stocking up on items leaving fuck all for others, folk grassing on their neighbours, nurses filming themselves crying and publishing it on twitter, people doing that ‘wide berth’ thing on the pavement, 5G conspiracists ( the absolute worst of humanity).

See folk that just got in with shit (eg me) they are the real Covid heroes.

Poor cunt getting blasted for sunbathing in Victoria Park  :laughing:

Or getting fined for going paddle boarding in the North sea.

Hopefully all the snitches got stitches.

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

I’ve got a neighbour who I’m sure stopped talking to me or even acknowledging me anymore because…, I wasn’t out bashing pots and pans for the NHS. 

Oh forgot about that.

Some cunts went well overboard. Trying Trying outdo neighbours ffs 

On 7/5/2022 at 3:25 PM, McPhee123 said:

Can you explain why it's such a certainty that a more pathogenic strain will become dominant? I don't see any evidence to support that claim, quite the opposite when you look at the history of viral outbreaks.

It's not at all a certainty in the long term. The point I'm making is that as far as viral evolution is concerned, we're still far short of the long term, the wheel is very much still in spin.

I'm not a medical expert, I look at it from the epidemiology, as a maths guy. As you suggest, extremely pathogenic strains will tend to die out, because anything that kills its host immediately is not going to be a "successful" virus. There tends to be a fatalities "sweet spot" where the virus is deadly enough to kill certain individuals, but mild enough that large numbers can wander around unaware they're spreading it.

For example - Spanish Influenza. Case fatality rate 2-3%. Global death toll 70 million.

Bird flu - remember that one, not so long ago? Case fatality rate 60%. Really, really nasty - right up there with Ebola. Global death toll? 456.
You get it - you die, noticeably - transmission vector ends there.

Unfortunately, COVID started out much nearer to that sweet spot of 2-3%, which is why it's killed more than six million people.

The problem we're facing atm is a lot of wishful thinkers presuming that because the currently dominant strain is relatively mild, the whole thing is "over". That simply doesn't follow - and complacency could be very dangerous. A lot of them are the same people who told us it was all fake news in the first place - well, that error has cost hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths globally.

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, NEM said:

You live your life in fear of the flu before March 2020? 

No, and I don't live my life in fear of COVID now. But nor do I try to kid myself it doesn't exist.

There's a sensible middle ground between the fearful extremes, where you take realistic precautions to protect yourself and those around you.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Just Dandy said:

No, and I don't live my life in fear of COVID now. But nor do I try to kid myself it doesn't exist.

There's a sensible middle ground between the fearful extremes, where you take realistic precautions to protect yourself and those around you.

Define ‘realistic precautions’